Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Product & Services (Software (On-premise and Web-based Software) and Services), By End User, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2023 - 2029
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Infection Surveillance Solutions Market
Market Report Description
The Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market size is expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2029, rising at a market growth of 12.9% CAGR during the forecast period.
The goal of infection surveillance solutions is to accurately apply preventive actions by continuously monitoring and interpreting data related to health. Data from infection surveillance is used to assess and guard against the harm preventable infections can do to patients and healthcare professionals. Hand hygiene, injection safety, antimicrobial resistance, surgical site infections, and hospitals that are open both during and after emergencies are all impacted by infection prevention and control.
During the projected period, key factors driving market growth include increasing antibiotic resistance among bacteria and increasing usage of automation in healthcare settings. In addition, increased hospital stays result from increased surgical procedures performed globally. There will consequently be an increase in the number of patients who contract HAIs.
The demand for solutions for infection surveillance is also anticipated to increase as healthcare costs rise. The market has also been expanding as a result of advantageous government initiatives. Additionally, the ability of IT systems to process analytics has increased, and this, together with technological developments in IT systems, is assisting in the creation of analytical or infection surveillance solutions for use in the healthcare sector.
The use of algorithms with specialized data mining tools, electronic medical records, and completely automated HAI surveillance using clinical support-based information that aids in the detection of specific clinical words are some of these methods. The market for infection surveillance solutions is experiencing significant expansion due to several causes, including increased surgeries and government rules to avoid HAIs.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic outbreak was beneficial for the market for infection control surveillance solutions. The COVID-19 pandemic has put a strain on the global healthcare system and raised the chance of COVID-19 patients contracting a healthcare-associated infection. The overpopulation of healthcare facilities was caused by the exponential growth in COVID-positive patients and the fast-increasing rate of viral transmission. In addition, the increased awareness of infection control resulted in increased demand for infection surveillance solutions even during the post-pandemic period.
Market Growth Factors
Growing adoption of antimicrobial stewardship programs
Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) aims to stop the rising number of HAIs. A concern to world health and development is antimicrobial resistance (AMR). According to the WHO, one of the top 10 worldwide public health hazards to humanity is AMR. WHO introduced the Global Antimicrobial Resistance and Use Surveillance System (GLASS) in 2015, integrating information from human AMR and drug use surveillance. To meet the demands of healthcare facilities, several market participants have come up with surveillance solutions for antimicrobial stewardship. In light of this, the infection surveillance solutions market is predicted to support the market growth.
Significant growth opportunities in emerging markets
In nations with rising economies like India, China, Brazil, Russia, and those in Latin America and Southeast Asia, there are likely to be significant potential prospects for the infection surveillance solutions market. This is because a significant amount of the world's population, with more than half living in India and China, is concentrated in these areas. The need for better healthcare services has grown in these nations due to rising per capita income, rising healthcare awareness, an increase in hospitals & clinics, and a large patient population. The manufacturing of medical devices in these nations is being pushed by the rise of new markets to embrace infection control technology, creating prospects for market expansion.
Market Restraining Factors
Cost of deployment is unaffordable for small organizations
The high cost of interoperability and deployment makes it difficult and expensive to implement IT software solutions for healthcare organizations. Smaller healthcare businesses have more difficulty integrating internet access since it is difficult to set up different networks in healthcare contexts, there are few wireless possibilities, and rigorous security measures are required to prevent data breaches. In addition to this, infection surveillance software can be quite pricey. In addition, the construction of a bespoke interface for the integration of a device after sales involves additional validation and verification, which adds to the overall cost of ownership for healthcare providers. Smaller hospitals & healthcare groups are unable to pay these additional costs and hence do deploy the solutions. Due to this, the infection surveillance solutions market is predicted to witness slow growth.
Product & Services Outlook
By product & services, the infection surveillance solutions market is segmented into software and services. The services segment covered a substantial revenue share in the infection surveillance solutions market in 2022. This is because infection surveillance software needs ongoing product updates and technical assistance. Clients' (healthcare providers') need for access to the vendor company's technical knowledge base, assistance from its product support team, and the acquisition of application management skills are fuelling the expansion of the product support & maintenance services.
Under software, the infection surveillance solutions market is divided into on-premise software and web-based software. In 2022, the on-premise segment witnessed the largest revenue share in the infection surveillance solutions market. This is due to the necessity for safe access to healthcare IT systems as well as the need to reduce the danger of data breaches and outside attacks. As a result, many healthcare businesses favor on-premise software solutions to guarantee the security of their patient data. Reusing existing storage and server gear is an additional advantage, especially for businesses upgrading or migrating from one system to another.
End User Outlook
By end-user, the infection surveillance solutions market is categorized into hospitals, long-term care facilities and others. In 2022, the hospital segment registered the maximum revenue share in the infection surveillance solutions market. Hospitals have adopted infection control goods and services due to the increasing frequency of HAIs and the associated financial burden on stakeholders. The market is also expanding due to the high patient volume and rising incidence of surgical site infections (SSIs).
|Market size value in 2022||USD 572.5 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2029||USD 1.3 Billion|
|Historical Period||2019 to 2021|
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2029|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 12.9% from 2023 to 2029|
|Number of Pages||205|
|Number of Table||333|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product & Services, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region wise, the infection surveillance solutions market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. In 2022, the North America region led the infection surveillance solutions market by generating the highest revenue share. Due to factors like the widespread use of healthcare IT solutions to contain the rise in healthcare costs, rapid consolidation of healthcare providers, and the rising prevalence of HAIs in the US, the market in North America is seeing major changes. Another important aspect of North America's significant market share in infection surveillance solutions is the abundance of businesses in the region.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market size to reach USD 1.3 Billion by 2029
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships and Acquisition. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Oracle Corporation is the forerunner in the Infection Surveillance Solutions Market. Companies such as Becton, Dickinson and Company, Wolters Kluwer N.V., and Baxter International, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the Infection Surveillance Solutions Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stakeholders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Becton, Dickinson and Company, Oracle Corporation (Cerner Corporation), Wolters Kluwer N.V., BioMérieux S.A., Baxter International, Inc., Harris Healthcare (Constellation Software, Inc.), Securitas AB, OSI Systems, Inc. (Spacelabs Healthcare), Gojo Industries, Inc. and Merative L.P. (Francisco Partners)
Recent Strategies Deployed in Infection Surveillance Solutions Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Nov-2022: Wolters partnered with Microsoft, a technology corporation, to enable healthcare organizations to offer better care and service to their customers. Through this acquisition, integrating Microsoft Azure cloud platform with Kluwer’s powerful software services for healthcare would allow Wolters' to support virtual care providers and payers to generate and deploy offerings helpful in keeping engaged their patients and members.
- Nov-2022: Oracle Cerner came into partnership with Labcorp, a life-science enterprise, for the management of hospital-based laboratories. Through this partnership, Labcorp's diagnostic information capabilities would empower Cerner to advance Cerner's offering facilitating to eliminate manual processes in the labs easing out the information sharing all over the health system, enabling to make quick diagnostic decisions and enhancing patient care.
- Sep-2022: BioMérieux announced a partnership with BrightInsight, Inc., a medtech-regulated digital health solutions provider, to offer a Clinical Digital Solution for diagnostics allowing improved clinical decision backing for disease domains all over the diagnostic tests. Utilizing the capabilities of compliant BrightInsight Platform and BrightInsight Disease Management offering, delivering high-level regulated digital health software as a Medical Device categorization, BioMérieux would be able to offer healthcare sector enhanced clinical workflows and contextualize disease awareness and empower clinicians to make actionable informed decisions. Moreover, the partnership would enable BioMérieux to make developments in Clinical Digital solutions for diagnostics.
- Jun-2022: BD partnered with Mayo Clinic Platform, a patientcare technological solutions provider, for providing access to patient data from Mayo Clinic Platform. With this partnership, utilizing the power of Mayo Clinic's in delivering advance dataset, and historical data for predictive modeling would enable BD to deliver services that increase clinical trials efficiency and access to patient data utilizing Mayo Clinic Platform. Moreover, Mayo Clinic's data would support BD to advance its product and smoothen medical device regulatory submissions.
- Aug-2021: Baxter signed a partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), an IT service management enterprise, to enhance enterprise digital transformation. Through this partnership, leveraging the power of the cloud services suite offered by AWS would allow Baxter to propel the growth of Baxter’s technology infrastructure enhancing the potential of healthcare data and leading to better patient care.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Apr-2023: BioMérieux announced the launch of BIOFIRE FIREWORKS, a powerful software with a user-friendly interface, personalized filters, and smooth integration, for BIOFIRE Systems for making laboratory services and data-based decisions enhanced and quick. BIOFIRE FIREWORKS would be an introduction to the BIOMÉRIEUX VISION SUITE-a portfolio of Data and IT Solutions for delivering enhanced efficiency and productivity to laboratories across the world. Integrating the potential of all BIOFIRE FILMARRAY systems into one centralized place, the software would provide real-time connectivity to both central and off-site labs. BIOFIRE FILMARRAY systems offer data access from anywhere and at any time improving laboratories workflow to easily manage all its operations delivering better patient care.
- Sep-2022: Becton Dickinson announced the launch of BD Research Cloud, a cloud-centered software tool to smoothen flow cytometry workflow helpful in empowering scientists the ability of experimentation with faster time to insights all over immunology, virology, oncology, and infectious disease monitoring. BD Research Cloud would enable users to combine all flow cytometry workflow steps beneficial in creating reagent panels, integrate instruments with data analysis software, store experimental data. The new offering would be a robust and all-inclusive platform connecting instruments, reagents, and data analysis, supporting scientists to potentially discover research for drug development.
- May-2022: BD launched automated, infectious disease molecular diagnostics platform. The powerful BD COR™ MX instrument would be a latest analytic instrument option supporting BD COR System. The offering would integrate and automate the entire molecular laboratory workflow starting from sample processing to diagnostic test result for sizeable labs, mitigating the requirement for sorting specimens.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Jul-2022: BD acquired Parata Systems, a pharmacy automation solutions provider, for offering patient safety solutions. With this acquisition, Parata's expertise in delivering pharmacy automation services would be combined with BD's transformative solutions capabilities to develop suite of advanced pharmacy automation offerings strengthening a growing network of pharmacies to lower costs, improve patient safety and patient experience to serve retail, hospital, and pharmacies.
- Apr-2022: BioMérieux S.A. completed the acquisition of Specific Diagnostics, a fast AST solution focused organization, to combat the antimicrobial resistance-a threat with infections from antibiotic resistant pathogens. With this acquisition, integration of Specific Diagnostics’ REVEAL Rapid AST system into BioMérieux's suite of microbiology would provide strength to clinicians and laboratories offering enhanced patient outcomes supporting broad distribution network.
- Dec-2021: BD took over Scanwell Health, at-home medical testing services provider, for broadening and scaling up the digital at-home medical testing. With this acquisition, leveraging the power of Scanwell Health in offering at-home medical testing facilities would boost BD's capability to deliver its customers at-home diagnostic tests for an extensive range of infectious diseases, including group A strep, Covid-19/influenza A+B, alongside scaling the digital at-home medical testing.
- Dec-2021: Baxter International acquired Hillrom, a medical technology provider, to better serve patients, and clinicians. Through this acquisition, combining the Baxter's connectivity technology with Hillrom's Medical Diagnostic Equipment offerings would support Baxter to deliver advanced digital healthcare and better patient care services beneficial in reducing cost and enhancing workflow efficiency.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Product & Services
- Web-based Software
By End User
- Long-term Care Facilities
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Oracle Corporation (Cerner Corporation)
- Wolters Kluwer N.V.
- BioMérieux S.A.
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Harris Healthcare (Constellation Software, Inc.)
- Securitas AB
- OSI Systems, Inc. (Spacelabs Healthcare)
- Gojo Industries, Inc.
- Merative L.P. (Francisco Partners)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
North America Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Report 2023-2029
Europe Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Report 2023-2029
Asia Pacific Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Report 2023-2029
LAMEA Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Report 2023-2029
What would be the size of this Market by 2029?
The Market size is projected to reach USD 1.3 billion by 2029.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in this Market?
Significant growth opportunities in emerging markets are driving the Market in coming years, however, Cost of deployment is unaffordable for small organizations restraints the growth of the Market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Becton, Dickinson and Company, Oracle Corporation (Cerner Corporation), Wolters Kluwer N.V., BioMérieux S.A., Baxter International, Inc., Harris Healthcare (Constellation Software, Inc.), Securitas AB, OSI Systems, Inc. (Spacelabs Healthcare), Gojo Industries, Inc. and Merative L.P. (Francisco Partners)
At what CAGR is the Market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of this Market is 12.9% from 2023 to 2029.
Which segment is leading the Market in 2022?
The Software market is leading the segment in the Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market by Product & Services in 2022; thereby, achieving a market value of $880.1 Million by 2029.
Which region dominated the Market in 2022?
The North America market dominated the Market by Region in 2022; thereby, achieving a market value of $518.7 million by 2029.