Global Incident and Emergency Management Market By Component (Solution, Services, and Communication System), By End User (IT & Telecom, Commercial & Industrial, Transportation & Logistics, Defense & Military, Government, Public Sector & Utilities, Healthcare & Life Sciences and Others), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Incident and Emergency Management Market
Market Report Description
The Global Incident and Emergency Management Market size is expected to reach $174.5 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 6.5% CAGR during the forecast period. The business domain is all about uncertainty, wherein no company is completely protected from every worst situation coming its way. The occurrence of various emergency situations like natural disasters, explosions, fires, criminal activity, technical catastrophes, and other such events can endanger human life, and result in huge loss of valuable property. Thus, it is important for companies to have an emergency prevention plan and effective incident management to assist companies to avoid calamity and mitigate impacts whenever any emergency situation strike.
Incident and emergency management is an approach to prevent and manage any kind of emergency situation. It operates on combining and installing emergency systems and solutions across every government as well as non-government platforms. In addition, incident management helps in re-establishing high-quality service operations to reduce the potential impact on customers and businesses. Within an organization, the incident management department includes the incident management team (IMT), incident response team (IRT), and the incident command system (ICS).
Moreover, the growth of the incident and emergency management market is estimated to witness a slowdown due to the aspects like growing number of natural disasters, high incidents of false alarms, and frequent cases of terrorist attacks. Along with that, the absence of education & training and emergency & incident management may impede the growth of the incident and emergency market during the forecast period. There are numerous solutions deployed for incident and emergency management by the companies; however, most of the solutions have outdated technology, which is anticipated to hamper the growth of the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The global COVID-19 pandemic has impacted various segments of the business domain differently. In the initial phase of the pandemic, risk managers and compliance officers have struggled to cope with the problems created by the pandemic. Under such a situation, risk management optimization has rapidly become some of the best defense techniques for a company that helps them to ensure business continuity. There are several enterprises that are using the capabilities of their risk teams by spending more on risk technology. The uncertainty of the pandemic situation has motivated companies to develop advanced solutions to help enterprises in coping up with the disruption caused by the pandemic.
Market Growth Factors:
Increasing demand for public safety and security systems
The significance of incident and emergency management solutions has been increased significantly after the Terrorist attacks like 26/11 and 9/11. The increasing concerns among the organizations regarding the plan of action that can be adopted during emergency situations are fueling the demand for incident and emergency management solutions. The growing insecurity in the world due to the increasing incidents of terrorist attacks and other criminal activities is propelling the growth of the market.
Huge economic loss owing to the natural disasters
The changing climatic conditions are leading to the high occurrence of natural calamities like earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunami, and major wildfires. Due to these natural calamities, companies and individuals have suffered a lot and witnessed a huge loss in terms of money and property. As per an insurance firm, Swiss Re Group, the world economy was declined substantially because of the natural calamities, which has incurred a loss of $188 billion in 2016 and $306 billion in 2017.
Market Restraining Factor:
Rising concerns related to the violation of privacy
The installation of surveillance system at places like parking lots, highways, parks, retail stores, transportation modes, financial institutions, and offices is mostly considered as a violation of privacy and is also opposed by numerous civil liberties groups and activists. People think that their personal data is utilized only for legal and specific purposes. However, several concerns related to the data as no one knows who watches the surveillance videos and how they can manipulate or misuse their personal data.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Solution, Services, and Communication System. Solution segment is further bifurcated across Fire & HAZMAT Solutions, Perimeter Intrusion Detection, Emergency / Mass Notification System, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity, and Geospatial Solutions & Web-based Emergency Management System. The fire and HAZMAT solution assists in identifying and evaluating biological, chemical, nuclear, radiological, and explosive materials. Through this solution, the first responders can identify contaminations that are caused by hazardous materials. There are several companies that offer devices, which are utilized for hazardous material monitoring at public places and give alerts to EOCs when any potential threat gets detected.
Services segment is further segmented across Consulting, Training & Simulation, Emergency Operation Center (EOC) Design & Integration and Public Information Services. The consulting service segment is anticipated to garner a significant market share over the forecast period. For an emergency situation, companies need to execute robust processes and planning. Such services are offered at state, local, and federal levels. Almost every enterprise develops, design, plan, and prepare for any kind of natural and man-made disasters, and deliver end-to-end consulting services for emergency management.
Communication System are further analyzed across First Responder Tools, Vehicle Ready Gateways, Satellite Assisted Equipment, and Emergency Response Radars. There are several enterprises that are introducing public safety LTE communication solutions coupled with advanced software-defined radios and cognitive radios. Traditionally, radios have been the most commonly utilized first responder tools during emergencies; however, the usage of smartphones and other smart devices are now becoming the most preferred first responder tools that have increased significantly in the past decade. At present, smart gateways can link sensors like heart rate monitors, body cameras, and locator beacons that could be put on by the first responders and update that data back to a command center in order to get its access at a later stage.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into IT & Telecom, Commercial & Industrial, Transportation & Logistics, Defense & Military, Government, Public Sector & Utilities, Healthcare & Life Sciences and Others. The IT & telecom segment is anticipated to obtain the highest market share over the forecast period. Companies across the IT & telecom vertical implement mass notification systems in premises, campuses, offices, IT parks, and remote locations. In addition, IT & telecom companies are increasingly using incident and emergency management solutions to efficiently manage mass communication alerts, which require to be sent to the user across the world with regular policy updates and product & software upgrades, and stay updated with the emerging technologies in the industry.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 116.3 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 174.5 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||429|
|Number of Tables||614|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America would procure the maximum market share during the forecast period. Asia Pacific region is estimated to showcase the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. The adoption of incident and emergency management solutions & services is high in the North American region, which would fuel the growth & demand of incident and emergency management solutions. The well-established nations of North America like the US and Canada have a high focus on advancements witnessed from Research and Development (R&D) and technology. Factor such rising government expenditure on emergency and disaster management systems to protect people from disasters is expected to drive the growth of the regional incident and emergency management market during the forecasting period.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Incident and Emergency Management Market size to reach USD 174.5 Billion by 2027
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Incident and Emergency Management Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; IBM Corporation, Honeywell International, Inc., and Siemens AG are the forerunners in the Incident and Emergency Management Market. Companies such as BlackBerry Limited, Everbridge, Inc., Esri, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include IBM Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Inc., Honeywell International, Inc., Siemens AG, Johnson Controls International PLC, NEC Corporation, Hexagon AB, BlackBerry Limited, Everbridge, Inc., and Esri, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Incident and Emergency Management Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Sep-2021: Hexagon’s Safety, Infrastructure & Geospatial division came into a partnership with RapidSOS, a creator of an emergency response data platform. This partnership aimed to provide life-saving emergency data like health and medical information, caller location, connected building data, and more from over 350 million linked devices to first responders in an emergency.
- Aug-2021: Hexagon’s Safety, Infrastructure & Geospatial division partnered with FlowMSP, a pre-incident planning software platform for the fire service industry. This partnership aimed to provide Hexagon CAD customers access to their pre-plans quickly that include calculated flow rates, hydrant data, images, annotations, and more, without toggling between software tools.
- Jul-2021: Everbridge formed a partnership with RapidSOS, the world’s first emergency response data platform. This partnership aimed to introduce its next-generation 911 solution. This solution is developed to enhance emergency dispatch in the United States.
- Jul-2021: Everbridge teamed up with the government of Estonia. Under this collaboration, Estonia selected the Public Warning solution of Everbridge to assist in keeping its residents and visitors safe and informed in the event of an emergency.
- Jun-2021: Everbridge partnered with WizNucleus, a provider of cyber and physical security solutions. This partnership aimed to boost digital and physical security for some of the world’s largest electric, nuclear, and other utility enterprises. The partnership also focused on expanding CEM adoption within the energy industry.
- May-2021: Siemens Energy teamed up with ServiceNow, an American software company. This collaboration aimed to develop a unified software service offering to help energy enterprises to monitor, identify and respond to cyber threats targeting digitally connected critical infrastructure.
- Mar-2021: Motorola Solutions signed a contract with Helsetjenestens Driftsorganisasjon for Nødnett HF (HDO HF). This contract aimed to offer the Norwegian Health Emergency Service a new CommandCentral Control Room Solution (CRS). This solution would improve efficiency and collaboration among staff, regional health authorities, and emergency medical communication centres.
- Feb-2021: Hexagon's Safety & Infrastructure division came into a partnership with RapidSOS, the world's first emergency response data platform. This partnership aimed to provide emergency communications centers all over the UK access to life-saving data.
- Dec-2020: Esri formed a partnership with GeoDecisions, an information technology company that specializes in geospatial solutions. Under this partnership, GeoDecisions’ advanced, high-speed alert notification system, Notify would have combined with Esri’s Fusion Center, an ArcGIS security and incident management solution. Companies can utilize the Fusion Center to detect and view incidents coming from various events and mitigate any threats to their assets.
- Oct-2020: IBM extended its partnership with ServiceNow, an American software company. This partnership aimed to assist companies in minimizing operational risk and lower costs by implementing AI to automate IT operations. By using patent-pending Watson AI to incidents in ServiceNow, customers can leverage automation to reduce time spent on maintenance and would eventually be able to decrease the total number of incidents that occur.
- Oct-2020: BlackBerry Limited came into a partnership with Microsoft Teams. Under this partnership, BlackBerry AtHoc would be integrated with Microsoft Teams, which would ensure that any company managing vital events utilizing Teams can contact, alert, and account for everyone within the company directly via the Teams platform.
- Sep-2020: Everbridge formed a partnership with Planet, an aerospace and data analytics company. This partnership aimed to enable new ways to increase awareness and respond to events for enhanced security, operations, and resilience for corporations & governments across the globe.
- Sep-2020: BlackBerry Limited extended its partnership with American Red Cross, a non-profit humanitarian organization. Through this partnership, BlackBerry would donate its BlackBerry AtHoc software to the Red Cross, empowering its mission to offer emergency assistance, disaster relief, and disaster preparedness education to all people who are in need.
- Jul-2020: Johnson Controls came into a partnership with EAGL Technology and Anixter. This partnership aimed to assist users to better protect their facility occupants and simplify emergency response, which is leading to better results during intruder incidents.
- Jun-2020: Siemens came into a partnership with Salesforce, an American cloud-based software company. This partnership aimed to integrate Salesforce's Work.com, powered by Customer 360, and Siemens' Smart Infrastructure solutions like Comfy and Enlighten, to organize the processes, people, and things, which are important to creating safe, connected workplaces for the future.
- Apr-2020: Esri partnered with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). In this partnership, Esri would offer its mapping and analytics technology in support of a multi-agency geospatial platform for supporting COVID-19 response.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Jul-2021: NEC took over APD Communications, provider of software for the emergency services, public safety, and control room market. Through this acquisition, APD solutions would complement NEC's existing public safety and police software portfolio and expand the company's customer base and geographical reach.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Sep-2021: Hexagon’s Safety, Infrastructure & Geospatial division along with its Geosystems division launched a security and surveillance portfolio for rail. This portfolio would enable the railway operators to improve the protection of their assets, enhance safety, and trim service interruptions. In addition, the portfolio would also address the whole lifecycle of incident management, empowering operators to identify, evaluate and respond to threats & incidents and collaborate with outside organizations.
- Jun-2021: Honeywell launched Honeywell Advanced Monitoring and Incident Response (AMIR) service. This service offers 24/7 operational technology (OT) cyber security detection and quick response for prevailing and emerging cyber threats.
- Jun-2021: Motorola Solutions released its comprehensive CommandCentral suite. This suite is public safety’s first-ever cloud-native, end-to-end command center software portfolio, which would integrate the flow of data as an incident unfolds to offer more clarity for mission-critical response and decision making.
- May-2021: BlackBerry introduced BlackBerry Optics 3.0, its next-generation cloud-based endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution, and BlackBerry Gateway, the first AI-empowered Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) product. These capabilities would assist in differentiating BlackBerry's extended detection and response (XDR) strategy.
- Apr-2021: NEC Corporation unveiled On-Demand Action Detection. This technology can help in detecting target actions from live video footage and video archives by easily evaluating a few seconds of sample video, which can be displayed a target action.
- Mar-2021: NEC Laboratories Europe introduced a new prototype technology, SARDO. This technology rapidly locates natural disaster victims utilizing their mobile phones or smart devices in locations with damaged or no cellular infrastructure. It would also expand search and rescue capabilities by utilizing an autonomous drone as a mobile cellular base station to detect signals from smart devices of victims as it flies nearby.
- Mar-2021: BlackBerry Limited released new critical event management (CEM) solution named, BlackBerry Alert. This solution aimed to assist commercial enterprises to prepare for, respond to, and recover from major incidents.
- Feb-2021: Motorola Solutions launched VB400 body-worn video solution. This solution aimed to assist the frontline workers to deal with assaults and threats. In addition, the video security would discourage abusive and threatening behavior and enhance the safety and confidence of their emergency medical crews.
- Jan-2021: Everbridge introduced its improved Public Warning Center, the first-of-its-kind modular and multi-channel front-end interface. This center features the capability to make and transmit an integration of cell broadcast and address-, group-, and location-based SMS alerts for nationwide alerting from a single console.
- Oct-2020: Honeywell introduced the latest features to its portfolio of search and rescue software solutions. This product expansion aimed to assist countries and emergency response organizations carry out rescue operations and track & locate essential assets like a downed plane or a missing ship.
- Oct-2020: Honeywell unveiled the first tools from its new suite of Connected Life Safety Services (CLSS). The company's CLSS portfolio of tools is based on the Honeywell Forge platform, which would help fire technicians to prove compliance, reduce disruption, and minimize the time required for design, commissioning, installation, inspection, maintenance, and reporting of life safety systems.
- Oct-2020: Johnson Controls introduced Tyco Illustra Insight. This solution provides an unobtrusive, stress-free way for authorized people to effortlessly move around buildings, places, and spaces, and also delivers security personnel with a highly effective solution for controlling and visually verifying who has access to restricted areas.
- Sep-2020: Siemens USA launched its technologically advanced cyber test range. This range is developed to test emerging cyber security technologies against real-world scenarios to assist in identifying and mitigating potential vulnerabilities.
- May-2020: Honeywell released Honeywell's Healthy Buildings, an integrated set of solutions. These solutions would assist building owners to enhance the health of their building surroundings, manage more cleanly and safely, fulfil the social distancing policies, and assist in reassuring occupants about the safety of the workplace. In addition, Honeywell's Healthy Buildings solutions are developed to assist building owners to reduce potential risks of contamination and make sure business continuity by supervising both the building environment and building occupants' behaviours.
- May-2020: Johnson Controls released ANSUL NFF 3x3 UL201 Foam Concentrate. This latest, patent-pending, Non-Fluorinated Foam (NFF) technology offers effective, fast fire suppression on most Class B hydrocarbon and polar solvent fuel fires. In addition, this foam blanket also provides improved post-extinguishment burn back resistance and vapour suppression.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Aug-2021: Motorola Solutions expanded its global footprints by establishing its new network and security operations center (NSOC) in Gatineau. This center would manage, support, and protect the mission-critical communication networks and command centre software for Canada’s first responders.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Fire & HAZMAT Solutions
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection
- Emergency / Mass Notification System
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- Geospatial Solutions & Web-based Emergency Management System
- Training & Simulation
- Emergency Operation Center (EOC) Design & Integration
- Public Information Services
- Communication System
- First Responder Tools
- Vehicle Ready Gateways
- Satellite Assisted Equipment
- Emergency Response Radars
By End User
- IT & Telecom
- Commercial & Industrial
- Transportation & Logistics
- Defense & Military
- Government, Public Sector & Utilities
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- IBM Corporation
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Johnson Controls International PLC
- NEC Corporation
- Hexagon AB
- BlackBerry Limited
- Everbridge, Inc.
- Esri, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global incident and emergency management market by 2027?
The global incident and emergency management market size is expected to reach $174.5 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the incident and emergency management market?
Increasing demand for public safety and security systems are driving the market in coming years, however, rising concerns related to the violation of privacy have limited the growth of the market.
Who are the top market players in the incident and emergency management industry?
IBM Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Inc., Honeywell International, Inc., Siemens AG, Johnson Controls International PLC, NEC Corporation, Hexagon AB, BlackBerry Limited, Everbridge, Inc., and Esri, Inc.
At what CAGR is the incident and emergency management market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the incident and emergency management market is 6.5% from 2021 to 2027.
Which region shows high growth rate in the market?
Asia Pacific region is estimated to showcase the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. The adoption of incident and emergency management solutions & services is high in the North American region, which would fuel the growth & demand of incident and emergency management solutions.