Global Hybrid Imaging Market By Application (Oncology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Brain & Neurology, and Other Applications) By Type (PET/CT systems, SPET/CT systems, PET/MR systems, OCT/Fundus Imaging System and Other types) By End Use (Hospitals, Diagnostic Imaging Centers and Other End Use) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Hybrid Imaging Market
Market Report Description
The Global Hybrid Imaging Market size is expected to reach $9.1 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 4.44% CAGR during the forecast period. Hybrid imaging is the fusion of more than two imaging technologies that form a new technique. The combinations of the innate benefits of the fused imaging technologies form a novel and much stronger modality. Some of the alternatives imaging techniques are Photon Emission Transmission (PET)/Computed Tomography (CT), Ultrasound and CT, Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), MRI and CT, and others. Hybrid imaging technology can enhance the precision, attenuation, correction, and localization of one-stop imaging, thereby offering a more accurate diagnosis.
Global Hybrid Imaging Market Size
The promising future of PET will be secured with the next generation of imaging resources. Advances in quantitative scans include the assessment of myocardial blood flow (MBF) and myocardial flow reserve (MFR). This identifies global cardiac perfusion flaws that would have been overlooked with qualitative SPECT scans. The advancements have rendered PET a go-to hybrid modality for cardiac molecular imaging. New PET techniques would be able to detect beta-amyloid plaques associated with Alzheimer's disease. Further, cardiovascular scanning would pose more exciting opportunities for PET, considering its potentially enhanced image resolution compared to SPECT.
Hybrid Imaging Market Share
The industry for hybrid imaging has seen the rapid acceptance of PET/CT hybrid imaging technology due to its advantages like early diagnosis, precise disease staging, and effective response to chronic conditions such as cancer. Also, PET/CT is the benchmark for oncology imaging and the manufacturers are further developing the manufacturing capabilities of hybrid imaging systems. It would further increase the rate of adoption globally. Restricting factors for the growth of hybrid imaging systems are site accreditation, the shortage of skilled professionals, and the rising cost of imaging systems.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Oncology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Brain & Neurology, and Other Applications. Based on Type, the market is segmented into PET/CT systems, SPET/CT systems, PET/MR systems, OCT/Fundus Imaging System and Other types. Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Diagnostic Imaging Centers and Other End Use. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Hybrid Imaging Market to reach a market size of $9.1 billion by 2025
Hybrid Imaging Market Cardinal Matrix
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product launches and Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Canon, Inc. (Canon Medical System Corporation), Hitachi, Ltd. (Hitachi Healthcare), and Siemens AG (Siemens Healthineers) are some of the forerunners in the Hybrid Imaging Market. The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Siemens AG (Siemens Healthineers), Canon, Inc. (Canon Medical Systems Corporation), General Electric (GE) Co. (GE Healthcare), Hitachi, Ltd. (Hitachi Healthcare), Koninklijke Philips N.V., PerkinElmer, Inc., Bruker Corporation, Atlantis Worldwide, LLC.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Hybrid Imaging Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2019: GE Healthcare came into partnership with Affidea, a provider of medical services. The partnership is aimed at deploying imaging and digital technologies across Affidea's diagnostic imaging services network.
- Dec-2019: Hitachi teamed up with T-Systems North America for developing new Hitachi Vantara-powered managed services. These services target the opportunities and challenge that healthcare and life science customer's face around enterprise imaging and other business operational systems.
- Nov-2019: Hitachi Healthcare partnered with Christie Innomed. Under this partnership, Christie is aimed at distributing its diagnostic and surgical ultrasound imaging systems in Canada.
- Oct-2019: GE Healthcare announced partnership with Theragnostics to commercialize prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) PET / CT imaging agent, GalliProst. The diagnostic helps in visualizing prostate cancer by offering information on the status of disease and enabling personalized treatment.
- Jun-2019: Canon Medical signed an agreement with R-Pharm, a leader of the Russian healthcare market. Under this agreement, the former company promotes the sales of its diagnostic imaging systems and localizes its medical equipment production at R-Pharm’s facilities in Russia.
- May-2019: Siemens collaborated with Getinge in which the latter company launched PILOT in conjunction with Siemens' nexaris Angio-MR-CT solution. PILOT is a patient-centered transfer system that enables surgical staff to move patients between treatment rooms and imaging systems without repositioning.
- Oct-2018: Siemens reinforced its collaboration with IMRIS for advancing both the companies in the growing multimodality hybrid operating room (OR) neurosurgical market. IMRIS would support the sales of both Siemens Healthineers and IMRIS ceiling-mounted fixed options for computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and angiography imaging modalities.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Aug-2019: Philips completed the acquisition of Carestream’s Medical Imaging IT Business. The acquisition enhanced the ability of the former company in providing flexible solutions to health systems and hospitals.
- Jul-2019: Bruker took over PMOD Technologies LLC, a provider of research-use-only software for preclinical and molecular imaging. The acquisition helped Bruker in providing intuitive end-to-end solutions, which makes research-use-only software for preclinical and molecular imaging precise and productive.
- Jan-2018: Canon Medical acquired DelftHold BV, a recognized and valued brand in the medical sector. The acquisition strengthens the portfolio of the former company.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Dec-2019: Canon Medical introduced Aquilion ONE / PRISM Edition, a spectral CT system. This system is designed for deep intelligence, which integrates artificial intelligence (AI) technology for maximizing spectral and conventional CT capabilities and automated workflows alongside providing intelligent clinical insights. These insights assist the physicians to make more informed decisions across the patient’s care cycle.
- Jul-2019: Philips introduced Azurion with FlexArm for setting a new standard for positioning flexibility and patient imaging for image-guided procedures in India. This product expanded its business to the Indian market.
- Mar-2019: Canon Medical made enhancements to its Celesteion PET/CT system. The enhancement includes a wide range of new acquisition and reconstruction techniques for improving the workflow and image quality of its Celesteion™ PET/CT system.
- Feb-2019: Canon Medical released the Alphenix platform, which is the next generation of interventional systems. This platform incorporates all-new features, which allow the clinicians to deliver images with precision and clarity without compromising the workflow alongside prioritizing the low dose.
- Dec-2018: Hitachi Medical System Europe released third-generation of intelligent Vector Flow Mapping (iVFM). This non-invasive intracardiac blood flow visualization technology offers unique information about intraventricular vortex and its energetic efficiency including relative pressure, kinetic energy loss, or wall shear stress display and analysis.
Scope of the Hybrid Imaging Market Analysis
- Brain & Neurology
- Other Applications
- PET/CT systems
- SPET/CT systems
- PET/MR systems
- OCT/Fundus Imaging System
- Other types
By End User
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Other End Use
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Siemens AG (Siemens Healthineers)
- Canon, Inc. (Canon Medical Systems Corporation)
- General Electric (GE) Co. (GE Healthcare)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (Hitachi Healthcare)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- Atlantis Worldwide, LLC
- Cubersa, Inc.
- Amber Diagnostics, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Hybrid Imaging Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of hybrid imaging market in 2025?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, The global hybrid imaging market size is expected to reach $9.1 billion by 2025.
What are the key factors drive hybrid imaging industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the hybrid imaging industry include technological advancements, adoption of artificial intelligence in diagnostic imaging, increasing adoption of teleradiology.
Which are the leading players in hybrid imaging market?
The leading player in hybrid imaging market includes Siemens AG (Siemens Healthineers), Canon, Inc. (Canon Medical Systems Corporation), General Electric (GE) Co. (GE Healthcare), Hitachi, Ltd. (Hitachi Healthcare), Koninklijke Philips N.V., PerkinElmer, Inc., Bruker Corporation, Atlantis Worldwide LLC, Amber Diagnostics, Inc., Cubersa, Inc.
What are the segmentation available in hybrid imaging market?
Based on Application, Based on Type, Based on End User, Based on Regions
Which segment would gain the maximum traction during the forecast period?
Cardiology market sector is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 5.3% during (2019-2025).