Global Human Growth Hormone Market By Application (Small for Gestational Age, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Idiopathic Short Stature, Turner Syndrome, Growth Hormone Deficiency and Other Applications) By Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy, Specialty Pharmacy and Online Pharmacy) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Human Growth Hormone Market
Market Report Description
The Global Human Growth Hormone (hGH) Market size is expected to reach $7.1 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 8.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Human growth hormone (hGH), also referred to as somatotropin, is a peptide hormone that stimulates growth, helps in cell reproduction as well as regeneration in humans. It is therefore important in human development. Growth hormone (GH) deficiency in humans is triggered when the pituitary gland does not synthesize enough HGH concentration. This deficiency in humans is treated by subcutaneous injection of recombinant human growth hormone. In the pituitary gland, the human body naturally produces growth hormones. The growth hormone is processed and secreted by somatotropic cells present in the lateral wings of the anterior pituitary gland.
Global Human Growth Hormone (hGH) Market Size
The growth hormone helps in increasing height during childhood, raises calcium retention levels, strengthens and improves bone mineralization. It also increases the muscle mass through sarcomere hypertrophy, increases protein synthesis, promotes lipolysis, enhances the growth of all internal organs excluding the brain. The hormone has a key role to play in homeostasis, it helps to reduce glucose uptake by the liver.
Human Growth Hormone (hGH) Market Share
Growth hormone (GH) treatment has only been used to help children with severe growth hormone deficiency (GHD). Nevertheless, today, with an excess of recombinant human GH (rhGH), it is also used to treat a wide range of other conditions. RhGH may be used to treat short-term GH deficiency (GHD), insufficiency, and other disorders leading to poor growth. At present, it is also used in patients with chronic renal failure (CRF), Prader Willi syndrome (PWS), Turner syndrome (TS), small gestational age (SGA) with no upward development of 2 years, idiopathic short stature (ISS) and some short-term dysmorphic syndromes. Through the growth hormone therapy, many children can attain adult heights better than expected- on the basis of their growth pattern of pretreatment.
BBased on Application, the market is segmented into Small for Gestational Age, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Idiopathic Short Stature, Turner Syndrome, Growth Hormone Deficiency and Other Applications. Based on the type of Growth Hormone Deficiency, the application of Human Growth Hormone is studied across Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency and Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency. Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Retail Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy, Specialty Pharmacy and Online Pharmacy. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Human Growth Hormone Market to reach a market size of $7.1 billion by 2025
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Merck Group, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Ipsen Pharma Biotech SAS, Novartis AG (Sandoz International GmbH), Pfizer, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Genentech, Inc.), Ferring Holdings SA, Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, and Anhui Anke Biotechnology Group Co., Ltd.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Human Growth Hormone (hGH) Market
- Nov-2019: Novartis signed an agreement to acquire The Medicines Company, a biopharmaceutical company. The acquisition would expand the biopharmaceuticals business of the company.
- Jul-2019: Pfizer acquired Therachon, a clinical-stage biotechnology company. The acquisition enabled the company in developing innovtive medicines for addresssing the medical needs of people with rare diseases.
- Jun-2019: Ipsen extended its agreement with Debiopharm for the renewal of their Decapeptyl. Decapeptyl is a natural gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). Under this partnership, the companies aimed to develop, manufacture, and distribute Decapeptyl across Europe and certain Asian and African markets.
- Mar-2019: Ipsen introduced a new pre-filled syringe for its blockbuster rare disease drug Somatuline (lanreotide) in the EU. Somatuline is used for the treatment of acromegaly, a rare disease caused by excess growth hormone production.
- Jan-2019: Pfizer Mexico came into partnership with JOY, a FamilyTech Wearables Company. Under this partnership, the latter company aims to distribute its first product, the Octopus Watch to the children with a chronic health condition known as growth hormone deficiency (GHD). JOY would distribute its product in Mexico with the help of Pfizer.
- May-2018: Novartis Korea launched Signifor LAR (long-acting release), an acromegaly therapy, on the domestic market. Acromegaly is a rare disease under which the parts of the body grow excessively, resulting in limb enlargement or facial deformity.
- Aug-2017: Teva released generic testosterone, which is used for the treatment of hormone deficiencies and breast cancer. It is also used as a hormone therapy for transgender men.
- Oct-2016: Merck expanded its foothold in Spain by opening a new biotech plant in Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain. Due to this, the production capacity has been increased by 50%.
Scope of the Human Growth Hormone Market Analysis
- Small for Gestational Age
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Idiopathic Short Stature
- Turner Syndrome
- Growth Hormone Deficiency and
- Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Other Applications
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Merck Group
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Ipsen Pharma Biotech SAS
- Novartis AG (Sandoz International GmbH)
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Genentech, Inc.)
- Ferring Holdings SA
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Anhui Anke Biotechnology Group Co., Ltd.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Human Growth Hormone Market Related Reports:
What is the expected market size of Human Growth Hormone Market for the forecast period?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, The Human Growth Hormone market is projected to reach USD 7.1 billion by 2025.
What factors are anticipated to drive Human Growth Hormone market trends?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the Human Growth Hormone industry include increase in the prevalence of serious chronic diseases such as growth retardation, Growth hormone deficiency in the elderly, and a rise in pituitary dysfunction cases.
What are the segmentations available in Human Growth Hormone market?
Based on Application, Based on Distribution Channel, Based on Regions
Who are the top players in the Human Growth Hormone market?
The leading player in Human Growth Hormone market includes Merck Group, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Ipsen Pharma Biotech SAS, Novartis AG (Sandoz International GmbH), Pfizer, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Genentech, Inc.), Ferring Holdings SA, Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, and Anhui Anke Biotechnology Group Co., Ltd.