Global High-speed Camera Market By Frame Rate (1,000-5,000 fps, >5,000-20,000 fps, >20,000-100,000 fps and >100,000 fps), By Application (Automotive & Transportation, Entertainment & Media, Research, Design, & Testing Laboratories, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace & Defense, Sports, Manufacturing and Others), By Spectrum (Visible RGB, Infrared and X-ray), By Component (Image Sensors & Processors, Memory Systems, Battery and Lens & Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the High-speed Camera Market
Market Report Description
The Global High-Speed Camera Market size is expected to reach $854.1 Million by 2026, rising at a market growth of 11.9% CAGR during the forecast period. High-Speed Cameras are widely used as a research and media tool that helps in analyzing the high-speed processes that cannot be detected by the human eye. It captures and records a repeated arrangement of pictures at high frame rates and later the video can be played in slow motion. This enables the viewer to see and measure events that happened at a fast speed which is difficult for the human eye to comprehend. There are many features that affect the quality of high-speed cameras such as frame rate, resolution, image processors, sensor size, memory size, fans, and cooling systems with other semiconductor components
In the sports sector also, the demand for high-speed cameras is high due to their improved capabilities such as frame rate, high resolution, and image processing. In addition to it, the automotive and transportation industry has increased the demand for small, light-weight high-speed cameras, and the surge in usage of high-speed cameras in thermal imaging applications are some of the major factors driving the market. Though, the higher cost of high-speed cameras is likely to impede the market growth across the globe. Moreover, applications of high-speed cameras have been increased in intelligent transportation system (ITS), as well as increasing adoption of high-speed cameras in the aerospace & defense industry offer growth opportunities for the high-speed camera market across the globe.
By Frame Rate
Based on Frame Rate, the market is segmented into 1,000–5,000 fps, >5,000–20,000 fps, >20,000–100,000 fps and >100,000 fps. Applications like combustion research, spray analysis, and vibration analysis in the scientific research, design, and testing laboratories necessitate high-speed cameras leveraged with a high resolution to an efficient analysis of events.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Automotive & Transportation, Entertainment & Media, Research, Design, & Testing Laboratories, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace & Defense, Sports, Manufacturing and Others. On the basis of application, the automotive and transportation segment had the highest revenue in the global high-speed camera market in the year 2019. Applications such as production line maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting require high-speed cameras. These cameras produce images with high-quality that are good enough to detect errors and are able to monitor production lines in industrial manufacturing plants. These cameras are more cost-efficient and have a resolution of >5 MP.
Based on Spectrum, the market is segmented into Visible RGB, Infrared and X-ray. The high-speed infrared cameras are also used in high-speed scanning of people to detect Covid-19, and the increasing use of these cameras in sports industries and entertainment & media, are the major factors boosting the growth of the high-speed camera market. The increased adoption of high-speed infrared cameras and the growing need to assess the health of people are some factors driving the growth of the high-speed camera market.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Image Sensors & Processors, Memory Systems, Battery and Lens & Others. On the basis of components, the image sensors segment made the highest revenue share in the global high-speed camera market in 2019.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 460 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 854.1 Million|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 11.9% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||297|
|Number of Tables||514|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Analysis|
|Segments covered||Frame Rate, Application, Spectrum, Component, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global High-speed Camera Market to reach a market size of $854.1 million by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Also, Asia-Pacific is leading the market owing to the increasing use of machine vision and robot techniques in both manufacturing and service sector to improve productivity. North America is expected to show major growth in high-speed camera industry. This is accredited to the high industry-standard as well as the presence of major key players such as Vision Research, Inc., Fastec Imaging Corporation, and Motion Capture Technologies in this region.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - High-speed Camera Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Ametek, Inc. is the major forerunner in the High-Speed Camera Market. Companies such as Photron Limited, NAC Image Technology, Inc., Optronis GmbH, AOS Technologies AG, and Fastec Imaging Corporation are some of the key innovators the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include of Ametek, Inc. (Vision Research), Photron Limited (IMAGICA Group, Inc.), Baumer Holding AG, NAC Image Technology, Inc., Mikrotron GmbH (Tattile Srl), Optronis GmbH, DEL Imaging Systems LLC, AOS Technologies AG (ConvergeOne Holdings Corp), Fastec Imaging Corporation and Xcitex, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in High-speed Camera Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2020: Mikrotron introduced the EoSens Creation Series of FPGA programmable-ready smart cameras. By launching these cameras, the company aims to empower machine vision engineers to attain superior performance at a fraction of the cost of conventional customized solutions.
- Dec-2020: Optronis launched a streak camera without an electron tube. Electron tubes are still incorporated in streak cameras to capture fast processes with Nano- and pico-second time resolution. Hence, Streak cameras are very robust but also large and costly. Optronis provides the world’s first commercially available streak camera that utilizes a semiconductor sensor rather than an electron tube.
- Aug-2020: Vision Research, a key manufacturer of digital high-speed imaging systems, launched the Phantom T1340. It is a high-resolution camera that captures images at a high-speed, expanding the capacities of other 4 Megapixel cameras in its group.
- Jun-2020: Photron introduced an efficient, compact, and lightweight sealed housing, high-speed camera FASTCAM Nova R2. This camera takes photos/videos at a speed of 1,440 frames /sec with 4 million pixels.
- Jun-2020: Vision Research launched the latest addition to its group of High-Speed Machine Vision Cameras, the Phantom S710. The Phantom S710 displays unparalleled frame rates to machine vision applications, providing up to 7Gpx/sec (87.5 Gbps) throughput.
- May-2020: NAC launched the first 60Gpixel/sec camera, the Memrecam ACS-1 M60. The ACS-1 M60 offers one-megapixel images at a remarkable 60,000 frames per second in high-quality mode and an unparalleled 100,000 fps in the proprietary boost version of NAC.
- May-2020: AOS Technologies launched High-Speed Cameras for Airborne and Defense Applications. The L-EM with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixel and a high speed of up to 2500 frames/sec has all the needed characteristics for the test in the defense-related application. The internal backup battery secures image data against loss of power and permits up to 20 mins of autonomous operation.
- Apr-2020: Photron launched the S16 model in the FASTCAM NOVA line. The S13 model camera features CMOS image sensor technology, a sealed body design for protection against dust and corrosive particulates, memory segmentation between recording and downloading, and compatibility with C-Mount, Nikon G-Type, and Canon EF lenses, and GigE interface.
- Apr-2020: Fastec Imaging launched the HS7 Full HD High-Speed Camera System. The HS7 system includes a high-speed camera with a committed controller, hence streamlining setup, simplifying integration, and maximizing workflow. This system is capable of recording FHD (1080p) at 2500 frames per second, the HS7 is the first of Fastec Imaging’s latest HS Series cameras to be launched. The HS Series incorporates cameras with resolutions ranging from HD (720p) to UHD (2160p) and imaging rates exceeding 5gigapixels/second.
- Feb-2020: Vision Research launched the Phantom VEO 1310, the newest addition to the reliable Phantom VEO high-speed camera family. Integrated with the latest 1.2-megapixel CMOS sensor, it displays higher recording speeds and 2.5X higher light sensitivity than earlier VEO models. The VEO 1310 utilizes a proprietary, 12-bit CMOS sensor to offer the new imaging technology in a compact, durable package.
- Jun-2019: Optronis introduced a new high-speed machine vision camera with a quad CoaXPress-12 interface. Optronis machine vision camera series CamPerform-Cyclone sends data through the new CoaXPress-12 interface and apply this as a quad-channel solution. With this camera, data rates at up to 50 Gbit/s for real-time image transfer become feasible.
- Mar-2019: Vision Research introduced the Phantom VEO 440 Ultra-High-Speed Camera. The VEO 440 is the latest member in the VEO family. This high-speed camera is wrapped in a compact structure for use in a variety of applications that include cinema also.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Dec-2020: Photron Limited acquired Photonic Lattice Inc., a company that creates photonic crystal technologies and solutions for optical telecommunications and polarization imaging. The acquisition supported its expanded efforts in the manufacturing of photonic and semiconductors.
» Business Expansions:
- Apr-2020: NAC set-up a new entity named NAC Americas Inc. The formation of a new business entity based in the Americas displays NAC’s new commitment of developing their North and South American High-Speed Camera markets.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Frame Rate
- 1,000–5,000 fps
- >5,000–20,000 fps
- >20,000–100,000 fps
- >100,000 fps
- Automotive & Transportation
- Entertainment & Media
- Research, Design, & Testing Laboratories
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Visible RGB
- Image Sensors & Processors
- Memory Systems
- Lens & Others
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Ametek, Inc. (Vision Research)
- Photron Limited (IMAGICA Group, Inc.)
- Baumer Holding AG
- NAC Image Technology, Inc.
- Mikrotron GmbH (Tattile Srl)
- Optronis GmbH
- DEL Imaging Systems LLC
- AOS Technologies AG (ConvergeOne Holdings Corp)
- Fastec Imaging Corporation
- Xcitex, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
High-speed Camera Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of high-speed camera market by 2026?
The high-speed camera market size is projected to reach USD 854.1 million by 2026.
Which segment dominated the high-speed camera market in 2019?
The Automotive & Transportation market dominated the Global High-speed Camera Market by Application 2019.
Which region shows fastest-growth of high-speed camera market over the forecast period?
The Asia-Pacific is one of the fastest-growing market of high-speed cameras owing to increased adoption of these cameras in numerous industries including healthcare, food & beverages, automotive, and consumer electronics.
What are the key factors that drive high-speed camera industry?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is rising adoption of high-speed cameras in transportation and automotive.
Who are the leading players in high-speed camera market?
Ametek, Inc. (Vision Research), Photron Limited (IMAGICA Group, Inc.), Baumer Holding AG, NAC Image Technology, Inc., Mikrotron GmbH (Tattile Srl), Optronis GmbH, DEL Imaging Systems LLC, AOS Technologies AG (ConvergeOne Holdings Corp), Fastec Imaging Corporation and Xcitex, Inc.
At what CAGR is the high-speed camera market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of high-speed camera market is 11.9% from 2020 to 2026.