Global Healthcare Cloud Picture Archiving & Communications System Market By End Use (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers and Other End Uses), By Application (Cardiology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Veterinary Medicine and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Healthcare Cloud Picture Archiving & Communications System Market
Market Report Description
The Global Healthcare Cloud Picture Archiving & Communications System Market size is expected to reach $800.7 Million by 2026, rising at a market growth of 8.4% CAGR during the forecast period. Healthcare Cloud Picture archiving and communication system (PACS) refers to a technology that is used in medical imaging particularly in clinical settings for storage and communication.
This technology offers cost-efficient and manageable access to images from various source modalities like ultrasound, nuclear medicine, X-ray plain film (PF), computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and positron emission tomography (PET). The advanced healthcare practices depend on various resources which develop demand for IT technologies to incorporate these resources, thereby creating a beneficial environment for the deployment of Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS).
The growing requirements to store, manage, and transfer the day-by-day increasing healthcare information is a major factor boosting the adoption of these solutions. PACS (picture archiving & communication system) assists in reducing the overloading of data and speeds up disease detection. Moreover, the technological advancements regarding healthcare solutions and the co-existence of healthcare and IT solutions have boosted the growth of the market. Cloud-based PACS provides safe and secure storage of data. It is because PACSs are less prone to damage resulted from hardware, and hence patient data is safe. Additionally, the rising demand for medical and clinical image storage in all forms, combined with the increased utilization of image archiving, is anticipated to boost the healthcare cloud PACS market growth.
By End Use
Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers and Other End Uses. The hospital segment procured the highest revenue share in 2019. These health organizations are presently advancing with respect to the usage of technology. Healthcare cloud PACS is being utilized widely in hospitals because of the increasing number of complexities in diseases. Further, the rising demand for early diagnosis is anticipated to boost the demand for cloud PACS in hospitals.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Cardiology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Veterinary Medicine and Others. The cardiology segment is expected to observe considerable growth over the forthcoming years. The development of the segment is a result of the growing cases of cardiac disorders, which is anticipated to have a considerable impact on the adoption of the solutions.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 458.7 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 800.7 Million|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.4% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||166|
|Number of Tables||285|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competition Analysis|
|Segments covered||End Use, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The Asia-Pacific market is estimated to develop at the highest CAGR during the forecast years owing to the consistent up-gradation of the healthcare infrastructure. Further, the increasing acceptance of PACS in healthcare units, along with the rapid increment in manufacturing facilities in developing countries, like China and India, is further boosting the market growth.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Healthcare Cloud Picture Archiving & Communications System Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisitions and Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Koninklijke Philips N.V. is the major forerunner in the Healthcare Cloud Picture Archiving & Communications System Market. Companies such as Ambra Health, Konica Minolta, Inc., INFINITT Healthcare Co., Ltd., and RamSoft, Inc., Telemis S.A., and PostDICOM B.V. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas, Inc.), Koninklijke Philips N.V., RamSoft, Inc., Carestream Health, Inc., Ambra Health, UltraLinq Healthcare Solutions, Inc., VEPRO AG, Telemis S.A., INFINITT Healthcare Co. Ltd. and PostDICOM B.V.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Healthcare Cloud Picture Archiving & Communications System Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Oct-2020: Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas, Inc. partnered with ScriptSender. The partnership aims to create a rapid and effective communication pathway between radiology practices and referring physicians. Following the partnership, Konica Minolta provides ScriptSender a value-add to its Exa RIS and PACS customers.
- Jul-2020: Ambra Health came into partnership with Invenio's NIO Laser Imaging System. Following the partnership, pathologists can now immediately view SRH images exported from Invenio's device.
- Mar-2020: Ambra Health, a leading manufacturer of cloud-based and medical image management suite, collaborated with Perspectum. LiverMultiScan, a flagship product of Perspectum, utilizes Cloud PACS of Ambra Health to facilitate real-time access to images and offer secure, trusted cloud backup and archive to decrease business continuity risk.
- Nov-2019: Ambra Health came into collaboration with RAPID, the global leader in advanced imaging for stroke. The partnership aims at enabling cloud deployment of the RAPID stroke imaging platform and safe sharing of RAPID images across networks using Ambra's Best-in-KLAS image exchange abilities.
- Jun-2019: DiA Imaging Analysis, a leader in artificial intelligence (AI) powered ultrasound analysis solutions, came into partnership with Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas Inc. Following the partnership, analysis capabilities of Konica Minolta’s Exa Cardio PACS Platform (Cardiovascular Information System) are expanded.
- Nov-2018: Ambra Health, makers of a leading cloud-based, medical image management suite, collaborated with Google Cloud. The collaboration aims to promote healthcare research with anonymized medical imaging data. With the help of Healthcare API of Google Cloud, the Ambra Health Cloud PACS solution for Google Cloud permits researchers to turn data into insights by simply de-identifying patient medical imaging information for the utilization in research studies.
- Nov-2018: RamSoft announced a partnership with qliqSOFT. The new partnership changes the manner in which the radiologists interact with referring physicians, technologists, staff, and more. PowerServer PACS and RIS/PACS solutions of RamSoft now incorporate a HIPAA/HITRUST compliant messaging solution. Users are now enabled to send safe text, email, instant messaging (IM), group messaging, images, documents, and more for just $6/ per user/per month. Completely integrated with RamSoft’s zero-footprint viewer, RapidResults, imaging practices can safely Instant Message anybody and include a direct hyperlink to the imaging study and report.
- Nov-2018: RamSoft came into partnership with PocketHealth. With a safe integration with PowerServer products of RamSoft, patients can easily get an email where they can give consent for access, make a PocketHealth account, and access their records without the need of any clerical staff input. On the other hand, it offers patients with smooth, safe record access through PocketHealth, thereby assisting RamSoft clients to qualify for Medicare and Medicaid’s Meaningful Use Incentive programs, without any technical integration needed.
- May-2018: Dictum Health Inc., manufacturers of the leading medical image management suite came into a partnership with Ambra Health. The partnership aimed to offer medical imaging to remote specialists and clinicians with ultra-modern Picture Archive Communication System (PACS) connectivity and Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) viewer.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Nov-2019: Telemis completed the acquisition of ITZ Medicom GmbH & Co. KG. Following the acquisition, Telemis further enhanced its position in Europe as a leader in medical imaging management solutions. Moreover, the acquisition helps the Telemis Group to considerably enhance its global product portfolio including PACS and MACS (Multimedia Archiving and Communication System), Telemedicine, Digital Pathology, and Healthcare cockpit solutions that are now available across the Euro-zone.
- Aug-2019: Royal Philips acquired the Carestream Health Inc.’s Healthcare Information Systems (HCIS) operations in 26 out of the 38 countries in which it works. Carestream HCIS’s cloud-enabled enterprise imaging platform expanded existing enterprise diagnostic informatics solutions of Philips that include advanced visualization and analysis, productivity enhancement, and imaging data management.
- Apr-2019: Philips acquired teleradiology platform vendor Direct Radiology. The acquisition aims to support radiologists across the world. The acquisition of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho-based Direct Radiology supports its organic innovation initiatives to enhance its radiology solutions portfolio.
» Product Launches and Product Expansion:
- Nov-2020: Ambra Health launched Ambra ProViewer, the company's advanced cloud-based diagnostic image viewer developed for emerging needs. ProViewer joins Ambra Health's refurbished suite of imaging devices and facilitates advanced anytime, anywhere access to medical imaging. Ambra's ProViewer and cloud PACS system help medical groups to manage diagnostic images and supplemental photos and videos with the help of configurable workflow rules for routing and integrated reporting.
- Apr-2020: Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas, Inc. launched two new products namely Rede PACS and Rede Mini PACS. Rede PACS is the company's latest medical image management solution for specialty clinics. While Rede Mini PACS is for X-ray image and ultrasound management. Rede PACS and Rede Mini PACS are created for specific purposes like orthopedic, urgent care, and family medicine clinics, to offers the tools and functions essential to maximize and streamline imaging workflow.
- Apr-2020: PostDICOM, a Cloud-based PACS services company, made its online DICOM viewer free for medical professionals across the world. With this decision, each medical expert can have their 50 GB of medical imaging data (500 orders and 10.000 images limit) stored on the cloud in order to view it from any device, anywhere in the world. This launch was made particularly to assist the medical industry throughout the world considering the current situations.
- Dec-2019: Royal Philips launched its advanced enterprise imaging solution. The launch occurred years of strategic investments in R&D and complementary acquisitions, resulting in a suite of integrated products that provide an exhaustive platform meant to connect clinical abilities and maximize workflows around every phase in the journey of the patient.
- Nov-2019: INFINITT North America is launching INFINITT PACS 7.0, an advanced, artificial intelligence (AI)-integrated picture archiving and communication system (PACS) viewer. INFINITT PACS 7.0 is a fast, robust viewer that was developed from the ground up to support AI for image analysis and for operational/ workflow improvements in radiology. Moreover, INFINITT incorporates several AI solutions that can be accessed through INFINITT PACS and provides the Envoy AI platform for broad-based access to third-party medical imaging algorithms.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By End Use
- Diagnostic Centers
- Other End Uses
- Veterinary Medicine
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas, Inc.)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- RamSoft, Inc.
- Carestream Health, Inc.
- Ambra Health
- UltraLinq Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- VEPRO AG
- Telemis S.A.
- INFINITT Healthcare Co. Ltd.
- PostDICOM B.V.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Healthcare Cloud Picture Archiving & Communications System Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of healthcare cloud picture archiving & communications system market by 2026?
The healthcare cloud picture archiving & communications system market size is projected to reach USD 800.7 million by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive healthcare cloud picture archiving & communications system industry?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is increasing adoption of healthcare IT and deployment of Electronic Health Record (HER) systems.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas, Inc.), Koninklijke Philips N.V., RamSoft, Inc., Carestream Health, Inc., Ambra Health, UltraLinq Healthcare Solutions, Inc., VEPRO AG, Telemis S.A., INFINITT Healthcare Co. Ltd. and PostDICOM B.V.
Which segment dominated the healthcare cloud picture archiving & communications system market in 2019?
The Cardiology market dominated the Global Healthcare Cloud PACS Market by Application in 2019.