Global Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Therapy Type (Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy, and Targeted Therapy), By Route of Administration, By Distribution Channel, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market
Market Report Description
The Global Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market size is expected to reach $2.5 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 12.3% CAGR during the forecast period.
The majority of malignancies that are jointly referred to as head and neck cancers begin in the squamous cells that cover the mucosal surfaces of the head and neck. These tumors are known as head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. Head and neck malignancies can also begin in the salivary glands, muscles, sinuses, or nerves in the head and neck, however, squamous cell carcinomas are noticeably more common.
Numerous malignancies of the head and neck are curable, especially if detected early. Although eradicating cancer is the major objective of therapy, maintaining the function of the surrounding nerves, organs, and tissues is equally crucial. When planning therapy, physicians examine how treatment may influence a patient's quality of life, including how the patient feels, looks, speaks, eats, and breathes.
Surgical intervention, radiation treatment, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy are the primary cancer treatments. Surgical procedures or radiation therapy alone, or a mix of the two, may be included in the treatment plan. The behavior of a specific head-neck cancer relies on its origin place (the primary site).
For instance, tumors that develop in the vocal cords behave quite differently from those that begin in the backside of the tongue, which is just an inch or less away from the vocal cords. Squamous cell carcinoma, which comes from the cells that cover the interior of the nose, mouth, and throat, is the most prevalent kind of cancer of the head and neck.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the care of different types of Head and neck cancer patients, having a greater impact on older patients, individuals operated primarily surgically, and those with fewer comorbidities. These individuals may experience poorer oncological outcomes due to missing or delayed diagnosis. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, several cancer tests have been delayed or rescheduled, leaving a substantial number of people without access to required healthcare treatments. This interruption to cancer screening programs may have substantial consequences for patients, medical professionals, and health systems.
Market Growth Factors
Increasing Demand For Immunotherapy Treatment
Immunotherapy is an innovative treatment for cancer, including head and neck, lymphoma, melanoma, and non-small cell lung cancer. Some tumors respond well to conventional therapies such as chemotherapy. In other instances, immunotherapy is combined with conventional cancer therapies to increase the body's natural defenses against cancer. As part of its regular functionality, the immune system discovers and eliminates aberrant cells, so preventing or stifling the formation of several malignancies. Immune cells, for instance, are occasionally seen in and surrounding tumors.
Increasing Patient Population To Drive Market Growth
Head and neck cancers are classified according to their location. These regions include the oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, paranasal sinuses, and nasal cavity, as well as the salivary glands. An increase in alcohol and cigarette intake is a key cause of head and neck cancer. An estimated 75% of head and neck cancers are caused by alcohol and cigarette intake. Cancer will be the top cause of mortality, accounting for over 10 million fatalities, or one in six deaths.
Marketing Restraining Factor
Associated Side Effects Of Chemotherapy
Cancer of the head and neck are frequently treated with a mix of radiation and chemotherapy treatment. The adverse effects include hair loss, speech impairment, and loss of natural voice. In addition, after undergoing cancer surgery, people have difficulty eating. Although hair loss is a frequent side effect of chemotherapy, it does not affect everyone. Individuals can ask their care provider whether it is likely a medication side effect.
Therapy Type Outlook
Based on the Therapy Type, the Head and Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market is segmented into Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, and Targeted Therapy. The immunotherapy segment acquired the highest revenue share in the head and neck therapeutics market in 2021. It is because immunotherapy make use of the immune system to treat cancer. Pembrolizumab, an anti-PD1 immunotherapy that targets cells with a deficiency in their capacity to repair DNA, may fall under this category.
Route of Administration Outlook
On the basis of the Route of Administration, the Head and Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market is divided into Injectable and Oral. The oral segment garnered a substantial revenue share in the head and neck cancer therapeutics market in 2021. Due to the rising number of oral medicinal medicines used to treat patients with Head and neck cancer. It is anticipated that the successful conclusion of the study and subsequent launch will stimulate segment growth. Patients with cancer are also administered oral chemotherapy.
Distribution Channel Outlook
By Distribution Channel, the Head and Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market is classified into Retail and Specialty Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies. The retail and specialty pharmacies witnessed the highest segment revenue share in the head and neck cancer therapeutics market in 2021. It is because specialty pharmacies offer medications unavailable in conventional pharmacies, such as immunotherapy drugs. Providing these drugs through a specialty pharmacy guarantees their appropriate and secure delivery.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 1.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 2.5 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 12.3% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||206|
|Number of Tables||339|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Therapy Type, Route of Administration, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region-wise, the Head and Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The North America segment registered the largest revenue share in the head and neck cancer therapeutics market in 2021. It is due to the government assistance for the expansion of the healthcare sector, attractive reimbursement rules, a high level of illness awareness, and easy access to high-quality healthcare facilities are among the factors that have contributed to the expansion of the regional market.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market size to reach USD 2.5 Billion by 2028
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi S.A., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., AstraZeneca Plc, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, and Clinigen Group PLC.
Strategies deployed in Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market
- Aug-2022: Sanofi came into collaboration with Innovent Biologics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for cancer treatment. Through this collaboration, the company aims to accelerate the development and future commercialization of oncology medicines as well as strengthen its presence in oncology in China.
- Jul-2022: AstraZeneca completed the acquisition of TeneoTwo, comprising obtaining the rights to TNB-486, a BiTE currently in Phase I for R/R B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma. With this acquisition, the company broadened its hematology portfolio.
- Feb-2022: Sanofi took over Amunix Pharmaceuticals, an immuno-oncology company. Through this acquisition, the company gets access to Amunix XPAC technology, Pro-XTEN, and XPAT which complement the company's existing R&D platform that further helps in accelerating and expanding innovative oncology medicines. Through this acquisition, Sanofi enhances its immuno-oncology portfolio by adding Amunix’s promising pipeline.
- Mar-2021: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited came into an agreement to acquire Maverick Therapeutics, Inc., a private biopharmaceutical company developing conditionally active bispecific T-cell targeted immunotherapies. With this acquisition, the company would expand its Immuno-Oncology Portfolio with Maverick’s Conditionally Active Bispecific T-cell Engagers COBRA Platform, which is designed to Target Solid Tumors.
- Nov-2020: Merck (MSD) came into an agreement to acquire all outstanding shares of VelosBio, a portfolio company of Pappas Capital. Through this acquisition, Merck will strengthen its oncology pipeline with the addition of VLS-101, VelosBio’s lead investigational candidate.
- Sep-2020: Takeda Pharmaceutical opened a new R&D headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. The new facility focuses on enhancing the development and end-to-end research capabilities of the company to develop cell therapies with the potential to expand into other therapeutic areas.
- Aug-2020: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries joined hands with Alvotech, a combined biopharmaceutical company. Through this collaboration, Alvotech would allow Teva to access its technical expertise in working with the FDA to bring products to the U.S. market while enlarging its growing biosimilar offering and utilizing its unique cross-functional expertise throughout both generic and specialty medicines.
- Oct-2018: AstraZeneca and MedImmune, the research and development division expanded its existing collaboration with Innate Pharma (Innate), a biotech company, that focuses on clinical-stage oncology. Through this collaboration, both companies are looking forward to innovate new medicines which accelerate their oncology portfolio.
- Feb-2018: Bristol-Myers Squibb teamed up with Nektar Therapeutics, the global biopharmaceutical company. Through this collaboration, the companies would jointly create and market NKTR-214 in integration with Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Opdivo and Opdivo plus Yervoy in more than 20 presentations across 9 tumor types, along with potential mixtures with other anti-cancer representatives from either of the individual businesses and/or third parties.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Therapy Type
- Targeted Therapy
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Retail & Specialty Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company
- Clinigen Group PLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
How valuable will the Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market be in the future?
The global Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market size is expected to reach $2.5 billion by 2028.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market?
Increasing Demand For Immunotherapy Treatment are driving the market in coming years, however, Associated Side Effects Of Chemotherapy restraints the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi S.A., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., AstraZeneca Plc, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, and Clinigen Group PLC.
At what CAGR is the Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market is 12.3% from 2022 to 2028.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market in 2021?
The Injectable segment acquired maximum revenue share in the Global Head & Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market by Route of Administration in 2021 thereby, achieving a market value of $2.1 billion by 2028.
Which region dominated the Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market in 2021?
The North America market dominated the Global Head & Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market by Region in 2021, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2028; thereby, achieving a market value of $1 billion by 2028.