Global Hadoop Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Enterprise Size, By Component (Services, Software, and Hardware), By Deployment Model, By Industry, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Hadoop Market
Market Report Description
The Global Hadoop Market size is expected to reach $341.4 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 38.2% CAGR during the forecast period.
Hadoop is an open system used for processing and storing a large number of datasets, which can differ in different size between gigabytes to petabytes. Hadoop allows grouping various computers to analyze huge data sets in serial more quickly rather than using a single large machine to store and process data. Furthermore, the Hadoop ecosystem contains several devices and techniques that aid in the processing, collection, analysis, storage, and management of large amounts of data. The Hadoop market is booming due to cost-effective, rapid data processes, and vast volumes of unstructured data. Moreover, the growing importance of data analytics has a beneficial impact on market growth.
Due to its cost-effectiveness and ability to analyze data much faster, the Hadoop industry is expected to grow substantially. This software framework allows companies to manage large amounts of unorganized data at an affordable price. BFSI, retail, healthcare, government, media & entertainment, life science, and telecommunications are among the application fields where architecture can boost the market growth. Furthermore, Hadoop design has several advantages over traditional solutions such as RDBMS, which help in managing both structured and unstructured data well. Some of the key drivers driving market expansion include the necessity to monitor consumer behavior, focused marketing offers based on maintaining inventory, consumer preferences, and space, and attracting and retaining customers.
Hadoop-related tools include Hive, HBase, Flume, and others that can operate alongside Hadoop to achieved Apache project status. Hadoop is interoperable with operating systems such as Linux/GNU. If the enterprise doesn't even have a Linux/GNU operating system, it can utilize virtual box software to install Linux. There are multiple varieties of analytical tools available in the market that analyze data sets, yet Hadoop's open-source nature and ability to provide all analyses on a single platform make it more appealing.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted various business domains, including Hadoop market. The market has witnessed a downfall due to the restrictions imposed on the businesses. A large number of nations restricted travel around the world, to avoid the disease from spreading. However, during the recovery phase, the Hadoop business is expected to fully recover from the pandemic affects in the coming years. Multiple companies around the world have embraced a work-from-home culture, resulting in a requirement for cloud-based Hadoop solutions to handle critical data, creating a significant market opportunity. The expansion of the market is fueled by an increase in volume information data created by different sectors and the requirement to manage this data.
Market driving Factors:
Availability of low-cost data processing solutions
The surge of unorganized data from devices such as smartphones, RFID readers, PCs, traffic cameras, and others are fueling the demand for Hadoop. Unstructured data is generally changeable and diverse. The content could be in the form of a document, picture, text, video, or any other format. It also can process complex data that accounts for more than 80% of global data. Since Hadoop can manage unstructured and structured data from a data center or relational database, enabling the end-user to take more accurate judgments based on vast amounts of information, its demand in the market is also growing.
Growing popularity of smart payment technologies
Smart and contactless payments are intimately connected. Contactless payments make it much easier to transfer money between various parties. The Internet of Things automates and combines numerous processes and activities. Contactless payments are attached through gadgets such as key fobs and smart watches to connect contactless cards. ML is being used by a large number of digital enterprises to gather data from the field of commerce. From cash and paper-based payments to electronic ways of payment, public transit systems have evolved as well. Digital banking is among the growing sectors that generate real consumer value in the middle of COVID-19's record-breaking economic downturn.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Troubles about the law and data privacy
Organizations and customers could face substantial legal consequences if data is exploited, whether intentional or unintentional. To ensure that no data usage breaches government rules, businesses should clarify terms connected to data usage, handling, and retention in project contracts. When enterprises collect profile data, the threat of identity theft grows, especially if the data is not kept secure. Viruses, Hackers, and disk damage, for example, can compromise this information. If enterprises build strategies around false data, it might cause major problems for all consumers. As a result, before using data collected from various applications, firms should carefully analyze all legal and privacy risks. Consumer privacy is the first legal danger posed by the Hadoop market. The privacy and security of personal data were the focus of laws and regulations.
Enterprise Size Outlook
Based on Enterprise Size, the market is segmented into Large Enterprises, and Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The Large enterprise segment acquired the highest revenue share in the Hadoop market in 2020. Hadoop is well-known for its ability to broaden linearly. Hadoop can become a wider and stronger info constructing region for both storages of goods and data combination. Hadoop has favorable utilization cases, even if it is difficult to manage data, which would accelerate the growth of the Hadoop market.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Services, Software, and Hardware. The software segment registered a substantial revenue share in the Hadoop market in 2020. Due to the extensive use of consulting and outsourcing services, along with growing use of the Hadoop framework for big data analytics in making decisions and enterprise analytics, the demand for Hadoop software would further boost in the coming years.
Deployment Model Outlook
Based on Deployment Model, the market is segmented into On-premise, Cloud, and Hybrid. The On-premise segment procured the largest revenue share in the Hadoop market in 2020. Most Cloud services providers use some form of network storage, bare-metal installations typically outclass along with comprehensive command of the Hadoop software and hardware. Delay to systems that can combine as well as scaled back with physical data isolation and privacy. These features accelerate the growth of the On-premise segment.
Based on Industry, the market is segmented into IT & Telecommunications, BFSI, Retail & Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Government & Defense, Media & Entertainment, Energy & Utility, Trade & Transportation, and Others. The BFSI segment recorded a substantial revenue share in the Hadoop market in 2020. Hadoop enables financial companies to access and analyze the data and provide precise information to assist in making the best decision. Other departments that use Hadoop include customer profiles and experience evaluation, targeted services, credit risk assessment, and so on.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 35.3 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 341.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 38.2% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||287|
|Number of Tables||501|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Enterprise Size, Deployment Model, Industry, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the Hadoop market with the highest revenue share in 2020. Due to strong growth and continued advancement in the services sector, compel business enterprises to invest in various analysis tools to maintain growth and enhance productivity. In addition, the high adoption rate of advanced and innovative technologies across this region would further spur the growth of the regional market.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Hadoop Market size to reach USD 341.4 Billion by 2027
Competitive Analysis - Hadoop Market
The leading players in the market are competing with diverse innovative offerings to remain competitive in the market. The illustration shows the percentage of revenue shared by some of the leading companies in the market. The leading players of the market are adopting various strategies in order to cater demand coming from the different industries. The key developmental strategies in the market are Acquisitions, and Partnerships & Collaborations.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Amazon Web Services, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Datameer, Inc., Hitachi Vantara LLC (Hitachi Ltd.), Fair Isaac Corporation, MapR Technologies, MarkLogic, Microsoft Corporation, and Teradata Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Hadoop Market
- Dec-2020: Datameer came into a partnership with Google Cloud. This partnership aimed to assist mature enterprises to safely migrate their data workloads to Google Cloud while managing business continuity by allowing them to operate analytics and machine learning workflows in the hybrid & multi-cloud environments.
- Jan-2020: Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi took over Waterline Data, an automated data discovery platform. Through this acquisition, Waterline Data technologies would support Hitachi Vantara’s DataOps proficiency and would become the key factor in the Lumada Data Services offering, providing consumers tighter quality control, greater visibility, better management, and improved compliance of the data.
- Oct-2019: Teradata came into a partnership with Google Cloud, a Google suite of cloud computing services. This partnership aimed to provide the flagship solution Teradata Vantage on Google clouds, which would expand Teradata’s cloud footprints to all three dominant public cloud services, providing consumers greater flexibility and incomparable choice with the usage of Teradata Vantage.
- Jun-2019: Cloudera came into a partnership with IBM, an American multinational technology corporation. Under this partnership, the companies aimed to create a joint go-to-market scheme produced to bring advanced data and AI solutions to more enterprises around the extensive Apache Hadoop environment. Additionally, IBM would resell the Cloudera DataFlow and Cloudera Data Science Workbench from Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub whereas Cloudera would resell IBM's BigSQL and Watson Studio.
- Jun-2019: Hitachi Vantara introduced Pentaho 8.3 platform. The platform offers to add on features that enhance integration and data visibility with various cloud services such as Amazon Kinesis for actual-time data streaming.
- Apr-2019: Microsoft introduced up-gradation in its open-source analytics services working on Azure. This expansion aimed to assimilate improvements of Apache Hive and other open-source analytics frameworks with the new version of Hadoop.
- Jan-2019: Cloudera merged with Hortonworks, a data software company based in Santa Clara. This merger aimed to deliver the first organization data cloud releasing the power of any data, functioning in the cloud from the Edge to AI, on a 100% open-source data platform. Additionally, organization data cloud supports multi as well as hybrid cloud distribution, providing freedom to perform machine learning and analytics with data without lock-in.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
By Deployment Model
- IT & Telecommunications
- Retail & Consumer Goods
- Government & Defense
- Media & Entertainment
- Energy & Utility
- Trade & Transportation
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Cloudera, Inc.
- Datameer, Inc.
- Hitachi Vantara LLC (Hitachi Ltd.)
- Fair Isaac Corporation
- MapR Technologies
- Microsoft Corporation
- Teradata Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free