Global Gummy Market By Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), By End User (Adults and Kids), By Application (Vitamins, Omega Fatty Acids, Minerals, Proteins and other Applications), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Gummy Market
Market Report Description
The Global Gummy Market size is expected to reach $37.1 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 12.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Gummies are considered as semi-solid, soft-textured candies that are chewable, unlike the hard tablets and pills. In addition, there is an extensive range of flavors available in gummies, which is fueling the demand for gummies around the world and thus, contributing to the growth of the gummy market. Many brands like Amway, Nature Made, and Abbott Laboratories, are providing vitamins-based and mineral-based gummies in different flavors like blueberry, strawberry, and orange, which is attracting more customers who demand nutrition supplements with great taste.
The consumption of these gummies by the millennials has increased owing to the aspects like growing disposal incomes, high awareness related to preventive healthcare measures, busier lifestyles, and maintenance of better health conditions. Additionally, the growing cases of vitamin deficiencies and undernourishment healthcare conditions in emerging and emerged nations are propelling the demand of gummies market around the world. The growing dietary supplement sector in the US along with healthy changes in consumers’ lifestyles due to rising awareness related to preventive healthcare supplements has resulted in the high consumption of gummies in the country.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The global COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the supply chain, retail distribution and also influenced consumer behavior for many products around the world. Though, the gummy market has recorded a spike in demand during the pandemic due to the growing awareness among the consumers related to health & wellness products. The imposition of numerous restrictions like the lockdown travel ban, and others have restricted the global supply chain of a wide range of products. The transition of goods was also restricted across regions.
Moreover, the importance of consuming vitamins like vitamin D and vitamin C has increased because they help in boosting the immunity of a person, which would further support the growth of the gummy market. The growing concerns related to the security of human health and rising awareness among consumers about immunity boosters are some of the driving aspects fueling the demand for dietary supplement products like gummies. In addition, the convenience offered by gummies and the rising pill swallowing issues among consumers are also contributing to the surging growth of the gummy market.
Market Growth Factors:
The increasing demand for dietary supplements
The growing population of health-conscious consumers is resulting in the surging demand for nutritional food products with crucial health elements to help in preventing various diseases and enhance physical & mental health. In addition, growing awareness among consumers in emerging and emerged nations is supporting the growth of the gummy market. There are several benefits offered by gummies infused with vitamins and minerals, which is attracting more consumers towards it. Furthermore, the shifting consumer preferences for a variety of healthy products containing nutrients like vitamins.
The growing geriatric population and the changing lifestyle of consumers
The geriatric population that faces problems with pill consumption is increasing across the globe. This is further bolstering the demand for convenient vitamin-based products, which could be consumed like candies and help in easily swallowing the gummies. In addition, the shifting lifestyle and busy schedule of the millennials in different regions and nations are demanding more products that are infused with more nutrients and can be easily consumed without any extra effort, which is fueling the growth of the gummy market globally.
Market Restraining Factor:
The low availability of raw materials and high cost of products
Natural vitamins are difficult to find and extract and thus, several manufacturers opt for synthetic vitamins, which are relatively cheaper and easily accessible. Even if natural or organic vitamins are witnessing a surge in demand among consumers, their manufacturing costs and investment are high, which would restrict the manufacturers from using these naturally sourced vitamins. In addition, the low availability of natural vitamins adds up to the overall cost of production and ultimately increases the price of the product.
Distribution Channel Outlook
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Offline and Online. The Offline distribution channel is projected to exhibit the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the ever-increasing consumer demands along with the surge in penetration of e-commerce. There are several major companies who are opting for new distribution channels to build a connection with the huge consumer base, which has boosted the product sales via non-store-based channels like online stores and e-retailers such as 1mg, Amazon, and others.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Adults and Kids. The adult segment procured the maximum revenue share in the gummy market in 2020. The increasing demand for dietary supplements by sports enthusiasts, working professionals, elderly people, and pregnant women is projected to spur the growth of the adult segment during the forecast period.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Vitamins, Omega Fatty Acids, Minerals, Proteins and other Applications. The trend of a protein diet is becoming popular, which is anticipated to propel the demand for protein gummies. Though, the growing penetration of protein bars, cookies, powders, and energy balls would hinder the growth of a gummy form of protein. Conversely, the increasing focus of key market players on providing high-protein gummies with numerous flavors & shapes is estimated to fuel the segment growth.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 16.5 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 37.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 12.5% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||185|
|Number of Tables||350|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Distribution Channel, End User, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America emerged as the leading region in the gummy market by collecting the largest revenue share in 2020. In the last few years, the dietary supplement market has registered substantial growth in the region with increasing health-conscious consumer base, especially in developed nations like the U.S. and Canada.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Gummy Market size to reach USD 37.1 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Church and Dwight Co., Inc., The Clorox Company, Nestle S.A., Bayer AG, Hero Nutritionals, Inc., BOSCOGEN, Inc., Lactonova Nutripharm Pvt Ltd., NutraStar Manufacturing Ltd., Nature's Way Products LLC (Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH & Co. KG), and Prime Health Ltd.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Gummy Market
- May-2021: The Bountiful Company launched Nature’s Bounty® Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies. These gummies taste like raspberry pomegranate and are made with liquid and unfiltered apple cider vinegar plus vitamin B-12 to support energy metabolism.
- Apr-2021: Bayer launched RestoraFIBRE Daily Gummies. These Gummies consist of inulin that is a soluble fibre and a prebiotic, which aids in encouraging the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Oct-2020: Nature's Way unveiled a new line of KiDS products spanning numerous requirements. The line involved a supplement for bone and muscle support (Nature's Way Growing Bones & Muscles), a kids multivitamin plus immune support (Nature's Way Happy & Healthy Multi), a supplement for healthy eye function (Nature's Way Healthy Eyes), a supplement for calm mood support (Nature's Way Cool, Calm & Collected), and support for occasional acid indigestion (Nature's Way Tummy Soothe). This latest Nature's Way KiDS line includes four delicious gummies and one chewable tablet to fulfil the hard-to-please palates of children.
- Jul-2020: Nature’s Bounty launched its Stress Comfort line of gummy supplements. These supplements provide natural solutions to enhance sleep and peace of mind, along with enhancing mood.
- May-2019: Nature's Bounty unveiled three latest products to its vitamin and nutritional supplement portfolio. These products include Nature's Bounty Sleep3, Nature's Bounty Anxiety & Stress Relief, and Nature's Bounty Elderberry Gummies. These innovations help in tackling the major challenges among the largest living generations since they want more holistic and non-traditional approaches.
- Apr-2019: L’il Critters, a Church & Dwight brand launched L’il Critters Organic Complete Multi made with 11 important vitamins in a natural mixed berry flavour. This product contains USDA-certified organic ingredients and Doctor-Tested proven nutrient absorption for vitamin C. In addition, these power-packed vegetarian gummies are also certified by the America Vegetarian Association providing nutrients kids love and parents trust.
- Apr-2019: Vitafusion, a Church & Dwight brand released vitafusionTM Organic, a new line of USDA-certified organic supplements. This line includes Men’s Multi, Women’s Multi, Vitamin D3, and Vitamin B-12. The company combined together crucial nutrients with the top organic ingredients into delicious gummy vitamins.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Distribution Channel
By End User
- Omega Fatty Acids
- other Applications
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Church and Dwight Co., Inc.
- The Clorox Company
- Nestle S.A.
- Bayer AG
- Hero Nutritionals, Inc.
- BOSCOGEN, Inc.
- Lactonova Nutripharm Pvt Ltd.
- NutraStar Manufacturing Ltd.
- Nature's Way Products LLC (Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH & Co. KG)
- Prime Health Ltd.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global gummy market by 2027?
The gummy market size is projected to reach USD 37.1 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the gummy market?
The increasing demand for dietary supplements are driving the market in coming years, however, The low availability of raw materials and high cost of products limited the growth of the market.
Who are the top market players in the gummy market industry?
Church and Dwight Co., Inc., The Clorox Company, Nestle S.A., Bayer AG, Hero Nutritionals, Inc., BOSCOGEN, Inc., Lactonova Nutripharm Pvt Ltd., NutraStar Manufacturing Ltd., Nature's Way Products LLC (Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH & Co. KG), and Prime Health Ltd.
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global gummy market?
The convenience offered by gummies and the rising pill swallowing issues among consumers are also contributing to the surging growth of the gummy market.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the gummy market in 2020?
The vitamins segment acquired the highest revenue share in the market in 2020.
Which region shows the faster growth rate of the gummy market over the forecast period?
The Asia Pacific is projected to garner the fastest growth rate in the gummy market during the forecast period.