Global Golf Clothing Market By User (Women, Men and Kids), By Product Type (Top Wear and Bottom Wear), By Distribution Channel (Specialty Store, Franchise Store, Online and Other Channels), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Golf Clothing Market
Market Report Description
The Global Golf Clothing Market size is expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 8% CAGR during the forecast period. Golf clothing comprises several accessories that are useful for players while playing golf. The items that come under the list of accessories are golf gloves, golf wear & golf gear, golf balls, shoe club, club head cover, putters, wedges, ball markers, cart, towels, and others. The target customers of this market are only golf players and these players are regular customers of golf clothing. The necessary part of these apparel is the golf shoe as without perfect shoes players will not be able to play golf properly.
The manufacturers of golf apparel strive hard to make footwear of the best quality for the players who are taking part in the tournament of golf. Utilization of ordinary shoes while playing golf may increase the chances of getting hurt as they are not suitable for playing. In addition, manufacturers are designing golf shoes using material that allows air to pass through them and making the shoes breathable. For example, Gore-Tex lining shoes are designed in such a way that it allows feet to breathe by stopping feet sweating and absorbing moisture.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Due to the sudden outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the growth of the golf clothing market has been hampered. Many tournaments were postponed or cancelled due to the imposition of lockdown and other kinds of restrictions. In addition, the golf clothing market witnessed a decline in the sale of golf apparel as the sports complexes & stadiums were closed and state sports activities were halted due to the pandemic. These factors are responsible for declining the demand for golf apparel and thus, hampered the growth of the golf clothing market.
The COVID-19 pandemic has a negative impact on the sports sector. The major factor accountable to decrease the market growth of golf clothing is the cancellation of the sports tournaments around the world. Due to the cancellation of the tournaments, there is a decrease in participation, which further led to the decline in the sale of golf apparel. The decreasing rate of sales is accountable to hamper the market growth of golf clothing across the globe.
Market Growth Factors:
New and young customers are getting attracted to golf due to its rising popularity
As the golf sport is becoming popular among the population, the young and old generation is getting attracted towards it. As the number of players is increasing in this field, the demand for golf apparel, golf gloves, and golf shoes is also increasing. Also, golfers require various golf clubs that have different functions. The clubs are found in different materials such as irons, putters, hybrids, wedges, and woods.
Increased utilization of golf apparel and equipment as they offer health benefits
The trend of playing golf is increasing as people are suffering from obesity and trying to reduce its effect. Also, people desire to remain fit and healthy even at their older age is motivating them to adopt different kinds of sports including golf so that they can remain physically as well as psychologically healthy and fit, thereby they prefer to play golf. The desire of people to stay fit and their growing interest in golf sport is pushing the market growth of golf clothing.
Market Restraining Factor:
Decline in the production rate due to severe restrictions on the supply chain
During the COVID-19 pandemic, various industries witnessed a slowdown in the supply chain across the globe. The pandemic continued to decrease the growth of several industries as they witnessed a significant decline in the demand for the products. The government imposed severe restrictions on traveling due to which the supply chain experienced disruptions and hampered the growth of the market.
Based on User, the market is segmented into Women, Men and Kids. The men segment acquired the largest market share in 2020 and is anticipated to witness the similar kind of trend even during the forecast period.
Product Type Outlook
Based on Product Type, the market is segmented into Top Wear and Bottom Wear. The top wear segment obtained the maximum revenue share of the golf clothing market in 2020 and is anticipated to continue its dominance over the forecast years. The factor accountable for augmenting the opportunities for the manufacturers operating in the markets is the launch of nanotechnology and microfibers.
Distribution Channel Outlook
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Specialty Store, Franchise Store, Online and Other Channels. The online segment is expected to exhibit the fastest growth rate in the golf clothing market during the forecast period. In contrast, customers prefer to do shopping from online platforms as they are easy to access and customers can easily compare the products at different platforms. Further, online platforms also offer heavy discounts on sports apparel and goods due to which, the sale of golf clothing is constantly witnessing an upsurge.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 773.7 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 1.5 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 8% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||200|
|Number of Tables||353|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Landscape|
|Segments covered||User, Product Type, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the golf clothing market by acquiring the largest market share in 2020. A large number of people are interested in taking part in golf, especially in the US, which is attributed to the increase in the demand for golf clothing and hence, is accountable to augment the growth of the golf clothing market in this region.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Golf Clothing Market Competition Analysis
Free Valuable Insights: Global Golf Clothing Market size to reach USD 1.5 Billion by 2027
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Nike, Inc. is the major forerunners in the Golf Clothing Market. ompanies such Callaway Golf Company, Under Armour, Inc., Linksoul as are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Frasers Group, Callaway Golf Company, Adidas AG, Nike, Inc., PUMA SE, Under Armour, Inc., Linksoul, PING, TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc., and William Murray Golf.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Golf Clothing Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Jul-2021: ADIDAS came into partnership with MANORS, a London-based golf label. This partnership aimed to make fresh, accessible, and stylish clothes for the next generation of golfers.
- May-2021: William Murray Golf came into partnership with Assembled Brands, a financial services company. Under this partnership, the Austin-based brand would continue to scale its exclusive product pipeline.
- Apr-2021: PING Europe collaborated with The Ladies European Tour. Under this collaboration, PING Europe became the official apparel supplier of the European Solheim Cup Team for the 2021 Solheim Cup at Inverness Club, Toledo, and the 2023 Solheim Cup at Finca Cortesin, Spain, Costa del Sol.
- Apr-2021: William Murray Golf collaborated with Tito's Handmade Vodka, a vodka brand. This collaboration aimed to unveil their first-ever golf apparel line: Tito's X William Murray Golf. In addition, this collaboration is the perfect blend of two Austin hometown brands wherein a collection, which would go down as smooth as a cool cocktail on a sweltering Texas day. Moreover, shoppers of the collection would be able to choose a nonprofit at checkout and Tito's would donate all net proceeds of their purchase.
- Mar-2021: PING Europe extended its partnership with the Confederation of Professional Golf. Together, the companies would work closely with Lisa and the team at PING Europe in inspecting more and more methods that can benefit both businesses since they activate their plans around the CPG Thrive strategy.
- Jan-2021: Adidas Golf extended its partnership with England Golf, the governing body for male and female amateur golf in England. This expansion aimed to continue their work and projects to make sure the availability of golf to everyone.
- Jan-2021: COBRA PUMA GOLF (CPG) extended its partnership with The Canadian Junior Golf Association (CJGA). Through this expansion, the PUMA brand would have become the Official Uniform of the CJGA, outfitting almost all the staff & volunteers from coast to coast.
- Nov-2020: TaylorMade Golf Company formed a partnership with commerce provider eShopWorld (ESW). This partnership aimed to offer a localized online shopping experience to its European customers. In addition, this partnership would also ensure that TaylorMade’s users in Italy, Germany, France, Ireland, Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Denmark, and Mexico should feel as if they are getting the same level of online service as those in the US.
- Aug-2020: Adidas Golf entered into a partnership with The Open Shop, the sports clothing brand. This partnership focused on bringing adidas's high-performance clothing to The Open Shop and work on their commitment to offering the top-quality variety of apparel possible to golfers and fans alike.
- Aug-2020: Under Armour entered into a partnership with Topgolf Entertainment Group, a global sports, and entertainment community. This partnership aimed to collaborate both the companies in the U.K. on various innovative projects to engage with fans & players, from events and latest product releases to empowering the Topgolf Coach U.K. team via its leading performance apparel.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- May-2021: Puma launched New Street-Inspired Golf Apparel Collection. This collection includes hoodies, henleys & joggers, and sneaker-inspired golf shoes. Through this launch, the company brings street style to the course in a modern way, providing a lifestyle aesthetic with comfortable fabrics, which can perform as well off the course as on.
- Apr-2021: PUMA GOLF released an excellent golf wear collection for the modern golfer. This latest and versatile collection mixes golf and streetwear via lifestyle silhouettes, which are created to work on the course and provide comfort and style for everyday life.
- Mar-2021: Ping launched SS21 Apparel Range. This range integrates the new premium fabrics with contemporary styling and is developed with its aim at performance, comfort & style, supported by Ping's innovative Sensor fabric technology platform that makes sure that each garment responds to a person's body’s specific needs.
- Mar-2020: Ping released its Spring/Summer apparel collection. This collection includes more engineering, offers more performance, and provides golfers more options than ever before.
- Jan-2020: PUMA Golf introduced its latest Game That Travels apparel, footwear, and accessories collection. This collection includes eight series, which pay homage to the most desirable locales Bryson DeChambeau, Rickie Fowler, and Gary Woodland travel to every PGA Tour season. All these collections are developed to transport golfers to a particular location, enabling them to experience a little of what the athletes enjoy each season.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Product Type
- Top Wear
- Bottom Wear
By Distribution Channel
- Specialty Store
- Franchise Store
- Other Channels
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Frasers Group
- Callaway Golf Company
- Adidas AG
- Nike, Inc.
- PUMA SE
- Under Armour, Inc.
- TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc.
- William Murray Golf
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global golf clothing market by 2027?
The golf clothing market size is projected to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the golf clothing market?
Increased utilization of golf apparel and equipment as they offer health benefits are driving the market in coming years, however, decline in the production rate due to severe restrictions on the supply chain limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Frasers Group, Callaway Golf Company, Adidas AG, Nike, Inc., PUMA SE, Under Armour, Inc., Linksoul, PING, TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc., and William Murray Golf.
At what CAGR is the golf clothing market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the golf clothing market is 8% from 2021 to 2027.
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global golf clothing market?
Due to the cancellation of the tournaments, there is a decrease in participation, which further led to the decline in the sale of golf apparel. The decreasing rate of sales is accountable to hamper the market growth of golf clothing across the globe.
Which region dominated the golf clothing market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the Global Golf Clothing Market by Region in 2020.