Global Gardening Equipment Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By End use (Commercial/Government and Residential), By Product, By Sales Channel, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Gardening Equipment Market
Market Report Description
The Global Gardening Equipment Market size is expected to reach $114 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 5.0% CAGR during the forecast period.
Gardening equipment refers to a variety of items built primarily for gardening and horticulture. These tools are divided into two categories: hand tools and power tools. Cutting, pruning, and mowing the grass are all done using this type of machinery. Gardening equipment comes in a variety of sizes and designs and is meant to do certain tasks such as draining, gardening, and roofing, among others.
A gardener needs a variety of tools and equipment to do various horticultural tasks. Bones, wood, stones, and metals were used to make garden tools in the past. However, as science and technology have progressed, the use of metals such as copper, steel, and iron has led to the development of a variety of garden tools and equipment, such as the hand cultivator, lawn mower, tractor, spade, harrow, secateurs, garden fork, rake, sprinkler, pruning saw, grass shear, spray pump, budding-cum-grafting knife, and so on. 'Hand tools' and 'power equipment' are two types of tools and equipment.
Power equipment is more expensive than hand tools. They frequently serve numerous functions and are more convenient to utilize in compact places. The operation of power equipment necessitates the use of fuel, electricity, or a battery. They aid in the completion of time-consuming jobs. These tools and equipment, which are designed to execute various operations, aid in the efficient, easy, timely, and cost-effective completion of day-to-day farm tasks. These have changed the way people farm and garden all around the world.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a modest drop in the gardening equipment industry in the first half of 2020. The market's sluggish development might be ascribed to retail shop closures and decreasing customer demand for lawn and garden tools. However, the pandemic's impact has been mitigated by favorable meteorological circumstances, a longer gardening season, and gardeners' preference for internet shopping. Furthermore, stay-at-home recommendations to combat COVID-19 have caused people to spend the majority of their time at home, which have driven demand for gardening equipment in 2020.
Market Growth Factors
Growing Popularity of Urban Gardening
One of the primary factors driving the growth of the gardening equipment market is the rising trend of urban gardening and landscaping in residential in industrialized and developing countries. Urban gardeners can be found all around the city. More city dwellers are honing their green thumbs, from luscious rooftop gardens to bright window hanging baskets. Despite the fact that there is no universal definition of urban gardening, it is commonly divided into two categories: container gardening and rooftop gardening. The international garden equipment market is being driven by an increase in investment in public parks by both government and the private sector.
Growing Applications of Gardening Equipment
Over the projection period, the market will be influenced by a growth in demand for gardening equipment for a variety of infrastructures, including sports fields, public parks, and golf courses, among others. As the popularity of sports like football, golf, and cricket grows, the demand for gardening equipment to keep the grounds for these sports maintained is likely to grow. The growing demand for landscaping services in emerging economies aids market expansion. Furthermore, increased public awareness of environmental preservation, and the popularity of vertical farming, all benefit the gardening equipment market.
Market Restraining Factors
Rising Property Rates Around the World
While most economic indices declined in the past few years, housing prices mainly escaped the pandemic's consequences. Three-quarters of the nations included in the IMF's Global House Price Index reported price increases in 2020, and this trend has mainly persisted in countries with more recent data. Low borrowing rates, as well as government policy support and workers' increased need to be able to work from home, all contributed to the rise in house prices. Online house searches have hit record highs in numerous nations, including the United States. In addition to these demand drivers, house prices rose as supply chain interruptions boosted the costs of several construction components.
End use Outlook
Based on End use, the market is segmented into Commercial/Government and Residential. The commercial/government segment acquired the largest revenue share in the gardening equipment market in 2021. Landscaping businesses, government/public sector agencies, hotels & hospitality, and sports & commercial turf facilities all fall within this category. These organizations maintain large lawns and gardens for various reasons and thus require gardening equipment for their maintenance. Globally, the hotel and tourism industries are expected to increase steadily, supporting segment expansion.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Water Equipment, Lawn Mowers, Handheld Power Tools, and Hand Tools & Wheeled Implements. The lawn mowers segment procured a substantial revenue share in the gardening equipment market in 2021. This might be attributed to a boom in the use of tech-savvy items that provide consumers with increased convenience and comfort. A lawn mower (also known as a mower, grass cutter, or lawnmower) is a machine that cuts a grass surface to an even height using one or more spinning blades. Gardens with large lawns require regular maintenance of grass, and this has led to high demand for lawn mowers.
Sales Channel Outlook
Based on Sales Channel, the market is segmented into Lawn & Garden Specialty Stores, National Retailers & Discount Stores, Home Centers, E-commerce, and Hardware Stores. The lawn and garden specialty stores segment acquired the largest revenue share in the gardening equipment market in 2021. The majority of sales are generated by OEMs through these third-party channels. Since these stores are specialty stores they maintain a large stock of all kinds of gardening equipment which makes it convenient for the shopper because they can get all their gardening equipment at one store.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 81.8 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 114 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 5% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||220|
|Number of Tables||370|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, Sales Channel, End use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America acquired the largest revenue share in the gardening equipment market in 2021. During the past few years, the growing demand for portable and lightweight battery-powered equipment for backyard beautification has contributed to the growth of this segment. During the upcoming period, an increase in demand for battery-operated tools is also expected to boost demand for the gardening equipment market in the region.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Gardening Equipment Market size to reach USD 114 Billion by 2028
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Robert Bosch GmbH, Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Deere & Company, The Toro Company, Fiskars Brands, Inc., Husqvarna Group, MTD Products, Inc., Falcon Garden Tools Pvt. Ltd., AriensCo, and Briggs & Stratton, LLC.
Strategies deployed in Gardening Equipment Market
- May-2022: AriensCo completed the acquisition of Thomas Equipment, the producer of Skid Steer and Mini Skid Steer loaders from A-L Parts Inc. The acquisition enabled AriensCo to provide a new four-season product line under the Gravely brand to address the rental and construction markets. This proved to be a perfect addition to AriensCo's Gravely product line.
- Mar-2022: Bosch expanded its product line by releasing two new lightweight power gardening hand tools to join its Power For All Range. One of the newly released products was an award-winning Universal GrassCut18v-26. The range includes more than 70 products enabling customers to utilize just one portable battery for their entire home and garden tool system.
- Jan-2022: Toro acquired Intimidator Group, an Arkansas-based company designing and manufacturing Spartan Mowers - a professional line of zero-turn mowers. The acquisition of added Spartan Mowers to Toro's portfolio and strategically positioned Toro to be a dominant player in the huge and quickly growing zero-turn mower market.
- Dec-2021: Husqvarna completed the acquisition of Orbit Irrigation, a leading provider of residential watering solutions in North America. After the acquisition, Orbit became a part of Husqvarna Group’s Gardena Division, establishing a global leader and making growth opportunities for both brands. Additionally, the acquisition enabled Husqvarna to grow Gardena over time as a premium garden technology brand across North America, Orbit's offering of robotic mowers, smart watering solutions, and gardening tools.
- Sep-2021: BSH Home Appliances released SmartGrow Life, the new model of their revolutionary Bosch Smart Indoor Gardening solutions. SmartGrow Life is a completely automated indoor cultivation system for herbs, salads, and herb seedlings.
- May-2021: AriensCo completed the acquisition of AS-Motor, a Germany-based manufacturer of farm machinery. The acquisition allowed both companies to utilize their combined European sales and marketing infrastructure to expand the reach of both brands. AS-Motors and AriensCo were facing persistently high demand and the widened product portfolio appealed to both companies' long-run objectives.
- Jan-2020: Honda Motor formed a partnership with Lowe's Companies, Inc., an American retail company. Under the partnership, Lowe's became the destination for Honda's high-quality line of outdoor power equipment. Additionally, the partnership between the two companies helped bring the industry's best lawn and garden products to even more households nationwide.
- Jul-2019: AriensCo expanded its geographical footprint by setting up a production unit in Great Haseley, Oxfordshire. The factory started producing Ariens brand zero-turn mowers. These were the first zero-turns to be manufactured in Europe. AriensCo experienced greater growth in demand for zero-turn mowers in the UK and Europe.
- Jul-2018: The Toro Company entered into a partnership with Kinetic GPO, a cooperative purchasing organization established for the public sector and MASH (Municipalities, Academics, School Boards, and Health and Social Services) entities across Canada. Under the partnership, Kinetic GPO opened up various opportunities in Canada, not only for Toro, and their distributors but also for Kinetic’s roster of members in the public sector. Under the partnership, Toro’s trusted line of commercial mowers, snow blowers, and utility vehicles, among other product lines across Toro’s Commercial, Residential, and Landscape Contractor (RLC) and Sitework Systems businesses were included in the portfolio of products available under the contract.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By End use
- Water Equipment
- Lawn Mowers
- Handheld Power Tools
- Hand Tools & Wheeled Implements
By Sales Channel
- Lawn & Garden Specialty Stores
- National Retailers & Discount Stores
- Home Centers
- Hardware Stores
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Honda Motor Co. Ltd.
- Deere & Company
- The Toro Company
- Fiskars Brands, Inc.
- Husqvarna Group
- MTD Products, Inc.
- Falcon Garden Tools Pvt. Ltd.
- Briggs & Stratton, LLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free