Global Flexible Displays Market By Type (OLED and Others) By Application (Smartphone, Smart Wearbles, TV, E-reader, Automotive & Transportation and Others) By Material Type (Plastic, Glass and Others) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Flexible Displays Market
Market Report Description
The Global Flexible Displays Market size is expected to reach $31.5 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 25.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Flexible displays are mainly OLED and AMOLED displays that are curved, bended, or fully foldable. Consumer electronics manufacturers have offered numerous smartphones, TV sets and other display devices in a rigid curved form factor in the current market scenario. Although these displays are curved in comparison to traditional rigid flat displays, these displays do not give the end-users true versatility.
Global Flexible Displays Market Size, By Type, 2019-2025
Growth is driven by increased demand for display-based consumer electronics coupled with consumer inclination towards energy-efficient, flexible gadgets. Technological advances in display technology have resulted in the introduction of advanced flexible displays, creating opportunities for growth for the market's key players. In terms of portability, non-fragility and weight, the superior features offered by flexible displays make them an attractive option for consumer electronics manufacturers. In addition, the adoption of flexible displays based on Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) is experiencing exponential growth in high-definition content and high-performance applications. In addition, market demand is propelled by high growth in the smart wearable market.
Global Flexible Displays Market Share, By Application, 2019
Based on Type, the market is segmented into OLED and Others. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Smartphone, Smart Wearbles, TV, E-reader, Automotive & Transportation and Others. The segment of smartphones and tablets was the largest market share in 2018. Smartphones have LED-LCD and OLED-based display panels, tablets are extended shape of smartphone and are mainly equipped with LED-LCD display panels. Due to the high demand on the consumer market, various smartphone and laptop manufacturers and suppliers have reached the tablet market. These are made more durable by using flexible displays in smartphones and tablets, as they provide sleek designs and better ergonomics to operate these devices. Based on Material Type, the market is segmented into Plastic, Glass and Others.
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The presence of a large number of consumer electronics manufacturers and massive customer base is boosting the regional demand for flexible displays. Countries like Japan, South Korea, China, and India are the leaders in flexible display growth. China is the world's largest producer of flexible OLED displays.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Flexible Displays Market to reach a market size of $31.5 billion by 2025
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Flexible Displays Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product launches and Partnerships & Collaborations. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group) and LG Corporation are some of the forerunners in the Flexible Display Market. The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include LG Display Co., Ltd. (LG Corporation), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group), AU Optronics Corporation, Corning, Inc., Sharp Corporation, Kateeva, Inc., BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., Royole Corporation, E Ink Holdings, Inc. and Visionox Technology, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Flexible Displays Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Nov-2019: Sharp introduced a 30-inch 4K flexible organic LED (OLED) display in cooperation with Japan Broadcasting Corporation (NHK). This display has world’s largest color-filter-less (RGB light emission method), high-definition 4K flexible OLED display, and flexibility of film substrate that allows the display to be stored as a compact roll.
- Oct-2019: Visionox Technology announced that it has collaborated with Peratech. In this, both the companies have started working on different integrations of Visionox’s AMOLED displays and Visionox’s AMOLED displays for fulfilling the needs of users for display-based interactive interfaces.
- Aug-2019: Samsung Italy, a Samsung Company came into partnership with K-array. Through this partnership, they will develop luxury LEDs for Home Project. These LEDs focus on delivering unique entertainment experience to the consumers.
- Aug-2019: E Ink partnered with AU Optronics for developing thin, impact-resistant, and feather-light e-paper solutions. These solutions support OTFT backplane (Organic Thin Film Transistor) as the display driver. The OTFT backplane technology is suitable for the development and introduction of soft display products including smart clothing and wearable devices.
- May-2019: BOE Technology announced its collaboration with Himax Technologies in which Himax launched flexible OLED automotive display driver and timing controller for BOE Technology Group. This technology of Himax has been adopted by BOE in its 12.3-inch three-unit curved flexible OLED automotive displays for cockpit areas with only 0.99 mm bezels.
- Dec-2018: Royole partnered with Airbus in order to develop aircraft-cabin applications. In this partnership, both the companies will investigate the commercial opportunities and use of sensors and flexible displays on passenger aircraft.
- Dec-2018: Visionox Technology and IDEX Biometrics collaborated on exploring the development of next-generation IDEX’s unique off-chip biometric sensors for smart cards that uses Visionox’s flexible LTPS TFT backplane technology. The collaboration is focused towards the development of feature-rich and cost-effective smart card systems supporting both biometric and display technologies.
- Oct-2018: Visionox Technology teamed up with Hefei municipal government for constructing the factory that can produce 30,000 substrates per month. These substrates will be used in sixth-generation active matrix organic light emitting diode displays. Both are thinking of establishing a Joint Venture for building and operating the plant.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Apr-2019: LG Display acquired DuPont's OLED business as well as its R&D and production facilities. The OLED technology uses an inkjet printing method for adding a soluble material to a panel, thus producing the high-performing displays in an economical manner and reducing the material waste.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Nov-2019: Visionox Technology announced the launch of a foldable clamshell smartphone and a rollable OLED panel hinting, two foldable clamshell prototype. The 6.47" big AMOLED display has been used for this prototype with on-cell technology.
- Aug-2019: AU Optronics introduced most advanced 8K Ultra-HD display, which delivers full-area local dimming (FALD) backlighting solution and peak brightness.
- May-2019: Corning announced the launch of Corning® Astra(TM) Glass, a new glass substrate optimized for mid-to-large size; immersive displays in notebooks, high-performance tablets, and 8K TVs. This glass has been engineered to enable the higher-pixel density of high-performance displays, which are required by panel makers in order to meet the customer demand for faster, brighter, and more lifelike images.
- Apr-2019: Sharp unveiled organic light-emitting diode panels for foldable smartphones. This display has foldable 6.18-inch OLED screen, which can be folded 3, 00,000 times without any damage. The new OLED panels will be produced at Company's display factory in Sakai.
- Mar-2019: Samsung launched QLED 8K, an extension in its Q900 QLED 8K television range. This TV will be offered in 75-inch, 82-inch, and 65-inch screen sizes, and provides most advanced picture quality in its portfolio.
- Feb-2019: Sharp introduced four new models of its 4K Ultra-HD resolution commercial LCD display line. These displays will be ideal for business, retail, and hospitality sectors. This helps the customers to see subtler textures and finer details in photos and videos.
- Jan-2019: Samsung Display introduced its first 15.6-inch OLED panel for the notebook market. This panel delivers brighter colors and deeper blacks over 4K LCD-based screens.
- Oct-2018: Royole introduced the Royole FlexPai, a commercial foldable smartphone, a combination of tablet and mobile phone with flexible screen. This smartphone is based upon Royole's Flexible+ platform; this can be easily combined into a number of products and applications across different industries.
- Aug-2018: Samsung extended its curved display line-up with the launch of new CJ79 (Model name: C34J791) monitor. This monitor has the feature of Intel’s Thunderbolt™ 3 connectivity and is designed for business and creative audiences that are seeking efficient and comfortable work experience through powerful connectivity.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Aug-2019: LG Display expanded its reach to China by developing a new production line. This factory is established in Guangzhou for producing 60,000 OLED sheets in 55 inches and above and focuses on the transformation of TV landscape.
- Sep-2018: Sharp expanded its reach to Asia Pacific region by launching 70X500E, its 8K professional display panel in India. This panel was incorporated with Sharp's wealth of Ultra-High-Resolution Monitor technologies for high brightness and wide color gamut.
Scope of the Flexible Displays Market Analysis
- Smart Wearbles
- Automotive & Transportation
By Material Type
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- LG Display Co., Ltd. (LG Corporation)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group)
- AU Optronics Corporation
- Corning, Inc.
- Sharp Corporation
- Kateeva, Inc.
- BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd.
- Royole Corporation
- E Ink Holdings, Inc.
- Visionox Technology, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Flexible Displays Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of Flexible Displays market in 2025?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, the Flexible Displays market is projected to reach USD 31.5 billion by 2025.
Who are the top manufacturers in the flexible displays market industry?
LG Display Co., Ltd. (LG Corporation), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group), AU Optronics Corporation, Corning, Inc., Sharp Corporation, Kateeva, Inc., BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., Royole Corporation, E Ink Holdings, Inc. and Visionox Technology, Inc.
Which region shows maximum potential growth in Flexible Displays market?
Asia Pacific accounts for major market value share and is projected to grow in the forecast period at the highest CAGR.
What is the key factor driving the Flexible Displays market?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the Flexible Displays industry include technological shift and development of energy-efficient, attractive, and high-specification flexible display products as well as high growth of smart wearable market.