Global Flat Panel Display Market By Application (Smartphone & Tablet, Television & Digital Signage, PC & Laptop, Vehicle Display, Smart Wearable and Others) By Technology (LCD, OLED, LED, Quantum Dot and Others) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Flat Panel Display Market
Market Report Description
The Global Flat Panel Display Market size is expected to reach $193.1 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 7.3% CAGR during the forecast period. High demand for automotive display technology, increased demand for OLED display devices in smartphones and tablets, and increased adoption of interactive touch-based devices in the education sector boost the growth of flat panel display market. However, growing adoption of flexible flat panel display is expected to provide the industry with potential growth opportunities. However, it is expected that high costs of new display technologies and steady growth of desktop PCs, notebooks and tablets will restrain the growth of the market.
Global Flat Panel Display Market Size
Flat panel displays are non-brittle, extremely thin, light and rough, and are powered by low power flow. Compared to conventional television sets, these benefits have made FPDs popular among consumers and drive the flat panel display market. Rapid growth in consumer electronics use, increasing technological advances in high-quality displays, lower display prices, and extensive applicability in the video games and entertainment industry are the main drivers for the growth of the demand for flat panel displays.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Smartphone & Tablet, Television & Digital Signage, PC & Laptop, Vehicle Display, Smart Wearable and Others. High demand for automotive display technology, increased demand for OLED display devices in smartphones and tablets, and increased adoption of interactive touch-based devices in the education sector boost the growth of flat panel display market. However, growing adoption of flexible flat panel display is expected to provide the industry with potential growth opportunities. However, it is expected that high costs of new display technologies and steady growth of desktop PCs, notebooks and tablets will restrain the growth of the market.
Global Flat Panel Display Market Share
In addition, display technology such as OLED has different advantages over conventional display technologies such as light weight and flexibility, enabling it to gain market advantage over other segments. OLED technology is regarded as a choice that is lighter and thinner than conventional LED and LCD systems. Therefore, OLED panels do not need backlighting of any kind compared to LCD. An additional advantage of OLEDs is stable performance in sunlight. Based on Technology, the market is segmented into LCD, OLED, LED, Quantum Dot and Others. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Flat Panel Display Market to reach a market size of $193.1 billion by 2028
Flat Panel Display Market Cardinal Matrix
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product launches and Partnerships & Collaborations. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., and Sony Corporation are some of the forerunners in the Flat Panel Displays Market. The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Sony Corporation, LG Display Co., Ltd., AU Optronics Corporation, Universal Display Corporation, Quixant PLC (Densitron Technologies Plc.), Emerging Display Technologies Corporation, NEC Corporation and Sharp Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Flat Panel Display Market
» Collaborations, Partnerships and Agreements:
- Jun-2020: Samsung announced its partnership with OKTO Technologies for ‘The Wall’ – the latest home entertainment innovation. OKTO would become Samsung’s first official supplier and integrator of The Wall, the world’s largest bespoke screen, measuring up to 292 inches. The screen uses microLED technology to provide a home cinema experience and is aimed at the high-end consumer market.
- May-2020: Universal Display Corporation signed an OLED agreement with Wuhan China Star Optoelectronics Semiconductor Display Technology. Under this agreement, UDC would supply phosphorescent OLED materials to Wuhan China Star Optoelectronics for use in display products through its subsidiary UDC Ireland Limited.
- Mar-2020: NEC came into an agreement with Sharp Corporation, a company that designs and manufactures electronic products. Following the agreement, the companies have established a joint venture for developing 8K resolution, 5G-enabled display solutions for future markets. Additionally, NEC Display Solutions, Ltd. (NDS) merged with Sharp's main business. Together, the companies aimed to work on next-generation screen technologies.
- Feb-2020: Panasonic came into partnership with WolfVision, a manufacturer of presentation, collaboration, and knowledge sharing systems. The partnership was focused on integrating Wolfvision's Cynap Pure BYOD wireless presentation solution into Panasonic's latest range of SQ1 4K displays. The companies were aimed to create a Smart Display Module version of the wireless presentation solution that can be plugged into the Intel SDM slot of Panasonic’s SQ1 range of displays for a completely cable-free solution.
- Jan-2020: Samsung India signed an agreement with Dixon Technologies (India) Ltd. Under the agreement, the former company was aimed to manufacture LED TVs for the latter company.
- Oct-2019: Densitron, a Quixant Company collaborated with Sonifex, a company that manufactures broadcasts audio equipment for telecommunications, TV, and radio. In this collaboration, both the companies have announced a technical development initiative that is designed to combine Sonifex's audio displays with a number of flagships Densitron reference monitors.
- Sep-2019: Universal Display signed partnership agreement with LG Chem in which both the companies would work together for the development and commercialization of red, yellow, and green OLED host materials.
- Aug-2019: Universal Display teamed up with Merck KGaA for the research and development in OLED field. Under this partnership, both the companies will focus towards the development of new products and the advancement of OLED technology.
- Aug-2019: Samsung Italy, a Samsung Company came into partnership with K-array. Through this partnership, they will develop luxury LEDs for Home Project. These LEDs focus on delivering unique entertainment experience to the consumers.
- Aug-2019: Universal Display partnered with EMT for commercializing OLED host materials. Through this partnership, EMT would be able to fulfill the material requirements of their customers.
- Mar-2019: Universal Display signed an agreement with China Star Optoelectronics in which UDC will supply its UniversalPHOLED phosphorescent OLED materials to China Star Optoelectronics. Through this, they would be able to maintain high-efficiency and high-performance in OLED products.
- Jan-2019: Universal Display and Seeya Technology signed an agreement wherein. UDC will provide its proprietary UniversalPHOLED phosphorescent OLED materials for display applications.
- Sep-2018: Samsung partnered with Bond TM in order to showcase its new state-of-art home cinema display. This partnership helps Samsung in developing new products with the help of Bond TM.
» Product Launches:
- May-2020: Sharp announced the launch of the CQ1 series, its first OLED TVs in Japan. The TVs would be available in 55 and 65-inch sizes in Japan. They are based on LG Display panels with 4K resolution. Sharp has developed a new 'Medalist S1' video processor and equipped the TVs with HDMI 2.0 ports.
- May-2020: LG Business Solutions USA announced the launch of the Health Protocol Solutions series. The series aimed to offer information on policies, sanitation procedures, and other real-time updates. The packages include a webOS Signage LG display, a Peerless-AV SmartMount Flat Panel Cart, and a limited-time free trial of content management software.
- May-2020: Sony released 17 new 8K, 4K, and integrated tuner professional Bravia displays for targeting business, education, and retail applications. The models offer user interfaces optimized for Android 9 support, integrated Apple AirPlay, and the Sony X1 processor.
- Feb-2020: Panasonic unveiled its wider TV range for 2020. The new Panasonic range consists of three new 4K OLED ranges and three new 4K LCD ranges: the HZ2000, HZ1500, and HZ1000 OLEDs, and the HX940, HX900 and HX800 LCDs. All six ranges would support both of the HDR10+ and Dolby Vision dynamic HDR formats.
- Jan-2020: Samsung Electronics introduced the Q950TS QLED 8K TV, its next-generation QLED 8K line. The line combines cutting-edge innovations that make the viewing experience more immersive with connected features that make consumer lifestyles more integrated to deliver the ultimate home entertainment experience. This TV features include surrounding sound audio, true-to-life 8K resolution, and a stunning, ultra-thin form factor.
- Jan-2020: Sony Electronics introduced its premium TV series lineup. The lineup includes Z8H 8K LED-LCD TVs, A8H, and Master Series A9S 4K OLED TVs, and X950H and X900H 4K LED-LCD series televisions.
- Dec-2019: LG Electronics Business Solutions introduced a larger, higher-resolution radiology and surgical monitors. These monitors are designed for providing hospitals and clinics improved work efficiency, advanced performance, expanded screen real estate, and clean, minimalist designs.
- Nov-2019: LG Business Solutions released the LG TR3BF series of IR-based Interactive Digital Boards, available in 65-, 75-, and 86-inch models. The three new TR3BF Digital Interactive Board models combine IPS panels and IR touch technology for a responsive high-definition experience. They provide a genuine touch and writing experience with up to 20 simultaneous multi-touch points and two types of available stylus pens. The UHD displays, four times sharper than Full HD, also feature palm erasing, which allows users to easily and quickly erase text, drawings, and pictures with a swipe of their hand as if they were using an eraser on a chalkboard. Audio content is delivered through two built-in 12-watt speakers.
- Sep-2019: Panasonic announced the release of MegaCon 4K Dual Panel LCD TV. This panel has the 55-inch screen and can make 99% of the so-called DCI P3 color spectrum, used in digital cinema and creation of HDR content.
- Aug-2019: AU Optronics introduced most advanced 8K Ultra-HD display, which delivers full-area local dimming (FALD) backlighting solution and peak brightness.
- Jul-2019: Sharp launched three new 4K Ultra HD resolution large-format AQUOS BOARD interactive display systems embedded with wireless and whiteboard functionality in order to utilize its embedded SoC (system-on-chip) controller. These panels help the users in seeing the details and small text for the professional settings.
- Jun-2019: NEC Displays, a NEC Company, extended its UN Series line of displays by adding near bezel-less 55" panels to it. This panel is designed for making the video wall setup process easier. This new UN552S and UN552VS feature is ideal for digital signage users in corporate, retail, and broadcast environments.
- May-2019: Densitron, a Quixant Company launched a new series of open and closed frame TFT displays with touchscreens in 21.5 and 13.3-inch models. These screens allow the operators to update the information on the display and manipulate the sequencing.
- Mar-2019: Samsung launched QLED 8K, an extension in its Q900 QLED 8K television range. This TV will be offered in 75-inch, 82-inch, and 65-inch screen sizes, and provides most advanced picture quality in its portfolio.
- Mar-2019: NEC Displays, a NEC Company, launched V554Q, a large-format 4K UHD display packed with commercial-grade features. This display features ample of brightness and it is an ideal display for the users in corporate signage retail applications, and transportation applications.
- Feb-2019: Sharp introduced four new models of its 4K Ultra-HD resolution commercial LCD display line. These displays will be ideal for business, retail, and hospitality sectors. This helps the customers to see subtler textures and finer details in photos and videos.
- Jan-2019: Sony introduced new Z9G 8K (LCD), which is available in gigantic 85-inches and 98-inches display sizes. It also launched A9G 4K OLED TV, which is available in 55-inches, 65-inches, and 77-inch sizes. These models are developed for 8K for analyzing and detecting each object in the picture intelligently.
- Jan-2019: Samsung Display introduced its first 15.6-inch OLED panel for the notebook market. This panel delivers brighter colors and deeper blacks over 4K LCD-based screens.
- Aug-2019: LG Display expanded its reach to China by developing a new production line. This factory is established in Guangzhou for producing 60,000 OLED sheets in 55 inches and above and focuses on the transformation of TV landscape.
Scope of the Flat Panel Display Market Analysis
- Smartphone & Tablet
- Television & Digital Signage
- PC & Laptop
- Vehicle Display
- Smart Wearable
- Quantum Dot
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- AU Optronics Corporation
- Universal Display Corporation
- Quixant PLC (Densitron Technologies Plc.)
- Emerging Display Technologies Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Sharp Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Flat Panel Display Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of Flat Panel Display market in 2028?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, The global Flat Panel Display market size is expected to reach $193.1 billion by 2028.
What are the key factors drive Flat Panel Display industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the Flat Panel Display industry include high demand for vehicle display technology in the automotive sector, growing demand for oled display devices in smartphones and tablets, and rise in adoption of interactive touch-based devices in the education sector.
Which region shows maximum potential growth in Flat Panel Display market over the forecast period?
LAMEA region market would witness a highest CAGR of 9.8% during (2022-2028).
Which region dominated the Flat Panel Display market in 2021?
In the regional market, North America recorded a substantial market share in 2021 in terms of revenue and is projected to maintain its dominant market position.
Who are the top players in the Flat Panel Display market?
The leading player in Flat Panel Display market includes Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Sony Corporation, LG Display Co., Ltd., AU Optronics Corporation, Universal Display Corporation, Quixant PLC (Densitron Technologies Plc.), Emerging Display Technologies Corporation, NEC Corporation and Sharp Corporation.
What is the growth rate of the Global Flat Panel Display during the forecast period?
The global Flat Panel Display market is poised to grow with a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period.