Global Fill Finish Manufacturing Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By End User (Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies, Contract Manufacturing Organizations), By Product, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Fill Finish Manufacturing Market
Market Report Description
The Global Fill Finish Manufacturing Market size is expected to reach $16.1 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 9.5% CAGR during the forecast period.
The fill-finish step, which is probably the most important, brings the entire drug production process to a close. It comes after upstream bioprocessing, often known as the process of making the active ingredient through cell culture or fermentation. Additionally, it happens following downstream purification. Fill-Finish is a largely industrial activity that is still in its infancy but focuses on effective product composition and packaging.
Fill-finish involves intricate mechanical engineering filling, fluid, and solid pouring, and sealing systems—far more so than bioprocessing. A sterile medicine is delivered from filling needles to a sterile container, typically a vial or prefilled syringe, in an aseptic fill finish. The stopping (closing) of a container usually happens later, except in situations where medicine needs to be sterilely compressed.
It is a crucial step in the production of biopharmaceuticals. It is crucial to recognize how crucial these later-stage growth processes are. Innovation could be a silent killer, especially in a fill-finish process. But because fill-finish is so crucial to the biopharmaceutical production process, even the tiniest errors frequently result in product failure, which equals a total loss for a product that is already pricey.
Consumers depend on drugs like vaccines, nasal sprays, ear drops, and eye drops to be sterile, sanitary, and free from contamination almost every day. Parenteral products can have major negative effects, such as a fever or infection, if something non-sterile is added to the eye, or injected into muscle, skin, or vein. This is because parenteral products are given through injection or introduction to fragile mucus membranes.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19, and other recent pandemics and pandemics have brought to light the urgent need for vaccines and treatments to fight newly emerging and reemerging infectious illnesses. The manufacture of vaccines therefore urgently requires fill-finish services. Since CDMOs/CMOs often outsource fill-finish activities, these businesses are well-equipped to manage fill-finish of COVID-19 vaccinations as they begin to enter the market. Catalent is an example of a producer who can successfully grow up and meet demand of the market.
Market Growth Factors:
Fill-Finish Manufacturing Techniques Are Advancing Technologically
The uses of isolators and restricted-access barrier systems (RABS), which establish reliable sterile manufacturing environments and successfully isolate human operators from the fill-finish process, is a technological achievement in aseptic fill-finish operations. Barrier isolation systems, which are combined fill-finish machines capable of performing all steps of fill-finish processes, are being developed by many device manufacturers in the fill-finish manufacturing sector.
Developing Industries Of Fill Finish Manufacturing
Manufacturers have been able to increase capabilities by utilizing technology aimed at reducing costs and amortizing capital investments over several products due to the emergence of biologic drugs regulatory paths. The need for locally produced biologics is being driven by rising living standards around the world as well as the desire of many governments to have enough vaccine and biologic manufacturing to service their populations.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Maintaining Sterility In A Fill-Finish Manufacturing Operation Can Be Difficult
Compared to non-sterile processes, aseptic fill-finish operations are more dangerous. For process execution, they need careful planning, qualified employees, and specialized facilities & equipment. Maintaining sterility is crucial because any contamination can result in significant financial losses and have a profound impact on the lives of patients. All of the components in aseptic fill-finishing operations must be sanitized before use. Sterility of the product is essential for assuring patient safety while using it.
Based on the Product, the Fill Finish Manufacturing Market is segmented into Consumables (Prefilled syringes, Vials, cartridges, and others), Instruments (Systems and machine types). The instruments segment witnessed a significant revenue share in the fill-finish manufacturing market in 2021. A variety of low-maintenance washers with a 1000-fold reduction in particles are available for production with modest to high throughput.
End User Outlook
On the basis of End User, the Fill Finish Manufacturing Market is divided into Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies, Contract Manufacturing Organizations, and Other. The pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies segment garnered the largest revenue share in the fill finish manufacturing market in 2021. The primary driver of market expansion is an increase in the production of pharmaceuticals and vaccines.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 8.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 16.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 9.5% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||304|
|Number of Tables||590|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region-wise, the Fill Finish Manufacturing Market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The Europe segment acquired the highest revenue share in the fill finish manufacturing market in 2021. By making biologics more affordable to use, factors like established reimbursement systems for medications have increased the demand for them among patients.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Fill Finish Manufacturing Market to reach USD 16.1 Billion by 2028
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Becton, Dickson, and Company, Gerresheimer AG, Syntegon Technology GmbH, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., OPTIMA packaging group GmbH, IMA Group, Marchesini Group S.p.A., Nipro Corporation, Schott AG (Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung), and SGD Pharma.
Strategies deployed in Fill Finish Manufacturing Market
- Sep-2022: Becton, Dickinson, and Company introduced D EffivaxTM Glass Prefillable Syringe, a next-era glass prefillable syringe. The new syringe is a new benchmark in performance for vaccine PFS with unique and tightened specifications for cosmetics, processability, contamination, and integrity. Moreover, the new BD EffivaxTM Glass Prefillable Syringe has been developed in partnership with foremost pharmaceutical organizations to fulfill the complicated and evolving demands of vaccine manufacturing.
- Sep2022: Gerresheimer joined hands with Stevanato Group, a global provider of drug containment. Together, the companies aimed to design a high-end Ready-To-Use (RTU) solution platform with an initial emphasis on vials, established on Stevanato Group’s dominating EZ-fill technology. Additionally, this collaboration is projected to assist consumers to achieve efficiencies, enhance the quality standard, improve speed to market, decrease total expense of ownership, and support mitigates supply chain risk.
- Mar-2022: SGD Pharma unveiled 100H* ml Ready-to-Use (RTU)Type I molded glass vials for aseptic fill/finish of intravenous drug products. The Type I molded glass vials mechanical resistance of developed glass creates this large vial size the first-choice solution for drug developers.
- Feb-2022: West Pharmaceutical Services came into a partnership with TECHIN, a Technology Innovation Foundation of IIT Palakkad. Together, the companies aimed to create a MedTech Research Center of Excellence to allow permits to healthcare and medical technology by designing an ecosystem of hospitals, academia, and the industry to encourage local entrepreneurship. Additionally, West’s vast experience and expertise as well as IIT’s special incubation model would revolutionize the development and research in medical technology.
- Jun-2021: Marchesini Group completed the acquisition of Cosmatic, a business specializing in technologies for the manufacturing of lipsticks and fill-in cosmetic powders. This acquisition would permit Marchesini to develop its expertise in a segment that utilizes some of the most complicated technologies around the globe of cosmetics.
- Oct-2020: SCHOTT teamed up with Credence MedSystems, the drug delivery, and specialty pharmaceutical company. Together, the companies aimed to combine the technologies and deliver the pharmaceutical enterprise with a creative and differentiated portfolio for the delivery of injectable medications through prefilled syringes. Additionally, SCHOTT can even go a step further to develop a new, synergistic, and authorized portfolio for glass and polymer syringe systems responsive to the growing demands of the industry, Schott would deliver the first combined needle safety system on the market with a polymer pre-fillable syringe by combining the Credence Companion technology into SCHOTT TOPPAC syringes.
- Nov-2019: SCHOTT came into a partnership with West Pharmaceutical Services, a provider of solutions for injectable drug administration. Through this partnership, the companies aimed to connect the SCHOTT iQ platform with West's Ready Pack system and would expand to contain other suitable, ready-to-use varieties of West and SCHOTT products. Moreover, together the companies would deliver containment solutions to the industry that lower risk and fulfill the growing regulations across the world.
- May-2019: The Marchesini Group took over CMP Pharma, the inspection systems professional. This acquisition would improve Marchesini’s unique range of products, delivering stand-alone devices and whole lines qualified for completely packaging all types of products of the pharmaceutical and cosmetic enterprises from start to finish.
- Feb-2019: Optima Pharma launched a MultiUse filler machine, developed to process various types of containers in a flexible and completely automated way. The Optima’s MultiUse Filler is appropriate for lab applications up to medium-sized clusters, which can be handled in a fully automated and flexible way. Moreover, the machine can be transformed to cater to various format dimensio
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Prefilled Syringes
- Prefilled Syringes
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Becton, Dickson, and Company
- Gerresheimer AG
- Syntegon Technology GmbH
- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
- OPTIMA packaging group GmbH
- IMA Group
- Marchesini Group S.p.A.
- Nipro Corporation
- Schott AG (Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung)
- SGD Pharma
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free