Global Facial Implant Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Procedure (Eyelid Surgery, Facelift, and Rhinoplasty), By Product, By Material (Polymers, Metal, Biologicals, and Ceramic), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Facial Implant Market
Market Report Description
The Global Facial Implant Market size is expected to reach $3.6 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 8.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
A facial implant is defined as the medical procedure that is utilized to repair the facial structure or provide more defined facial traits such as the chin, cheekbones, and jawline. Increased virtual representation on social media is expected to fuel the demand for facial implants in the upcoming years. Moreover, the growing concern about personal appearance among the local population in both advanced and developing countries is likely to raise the number of cosmetic procedures.
As per the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), 1.3 million people die in road accidents each year, with another 20-30 million becoming crippled or injured. Road traffic injuries are the eighth largest cause of death for individuals of all ages, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Therefore, some of the major growth catalysts for the industry are the rising incidence of accidents, the growing incidences of acquired or congenital malformations of the face, and technical developments in plastic surgical treatments.
The number of facial implant procedures has increased dramatically during the previous several years all around the world. In addition, these cosmetic procedures are used to alter people's facial shapes or to give their faces more balance and stability. Moreover, they have evolved into necessary procedures for restoring the form and dimensions of the face following trauma or serious sickness.
People are increasingly opting for facial cosmetic treatments such as chin augmentation, paranasal procedures, cheekbone surgery, and forehead surgery to change their facial features, such as their chin, cheeks, lips, and jaws. Additionally, facial implants are put into the face during these surgeries. These facial implants provide individuals with long-lasting and permanent effects, as well as a considerable boost in confidence. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), roughly 3,913,679 cosmetic procedures on the face and head were performed worldwide in 2020.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has created major disruptions in the medical device industry's supply chain. As a result of the outbreak, the number of procedures conducted each year has decreased, resulting in sluggish growth of the industry during the pandemic period. In addition, the coronavirus outbreak has had a detrimental influence on the market, with fewer surgeries performed in 2020 and 2021 as a result of global limitations. The COVID-19 pandemic caused a 15% drop in the total number of cosmetic treatments in 2020, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
Market driving Factors:
Rising consumer preference towards aesthetic appeal
In the near future, rising healthcare spending and awareness are projected to help the facial implant industry to expand further. In addition, different types of procedures and implants are utilized to improve the appearance of the face in the event of trauma or injury. Moreover, the growing number of sports-related facial injuries is expected to generate higher demand for cosmetic surgeries. Additionally, because the majority of young people consider facial injuries to be ugly, they are more likely to choose a facial implant. Face implants have also grown in popularity as a result of their use in high-fashion modeling. Many top models have benefited from chin implants, which have given them a more defined profile that is ideal for high-fashion photo sessions.
The growing impact of the glamorous world and social media
The use of social media by millennials is widespread around the world. On social networking and dating sites, people want to appear appealing. In addition, many people have been influenced by social media to have cosmetic surgery. Moreover, numerous single and divorced men and women have been opting for cosmetic surgery for the last couple of years. There is a desire among women to look beautiful, particularly among those who belong to elite circles, as well as their willingness to spend. Also, people are sometimes drawn to the luxurious lifestyles of celebrities and wish to emulate them. In many nations, such as Japan and China, women's desire for a star appearance is driving up the number of aesthetic surgeries.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Growing concerns about the possible side-effects
Despite a robust and long-term increase in demand for aesthetic operations such as facial implants and botulinum toxin injections, there are concerns among people about the possible side effects. Pain, swelling at the injection site, infection, redness, bruising, and the formation of bumps and lumps are all possible side effects of these operations. In addition, if the facial implants are delivered into a blood vessel, major side effects like vision loss, blurred vision, scarring, and blindness have happened in certain rare cases. This is especially true in poor countries, where inexperienced surgeons or assistants may inadvertently inflict substantial harm to customers.
Based on Procedure, the market is segmented into Eyelid Surgery, Facelift, and Rhinoplasty. The Facelift segment procured a significant revenue share of the Facial Implant Market in 2020. This is because Facelift surgery is expected to rise in popularity in the next years as people become more conscious about their appearance, particularly among baby boomers. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 234,374 facelift treatments were conducted in the United States in 2020, and this number is likely to rise throughout the forecast year. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), nose reshaping, facelifts, and eyelid surgery were the most popular cosmetic procedures in the United States in 2020.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Chin & Mandibular Implants, Cheek Implants, Nasal Implants, and Injectables. The Fillers & Injectables segment obtained a significant revenue share of the Facial Implant Market in 2020. This is because of the rising demand for cost-effectiveness, nonsurgical facial rejuvenation operations, and increased awareness about the use of fillers for augmentation surgery. In addition, Females were the most interested in facial injectables like hyaluronic acid and botulinum toxin. Factors such as increased usage of facial fillers for aesthetic operations like wrinkles on the face, lip lines, facial lines, and other procedures, are anticipated to fuel the growth of the segment during the forecasting period.
Based on Material, the market is segmented into Polymers, Metal, Biologicals, and Ceramic. In 2020, the Polymers segment collected the biggest revenue share of the Facial Implant Market. This is because of the rising use of deformity correction procedures. In addition, Polymeric materials are ideal for facial implants because of their high tensile strength. Other advantages associated with it, such as flexibility, stiff support, and biocompatibility, are also expected to drive the growth of the segment. Solid silicone implants, which are utilized for augmentation surgery, are the most commonly used implants.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 2.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 3.6 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.6% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||204|
|Number of Tables||370|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Procedure, Product, Material, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The APAC is expected to showcase a rapid growth rate in the Facial Implant Market during the forecasting period. The Asia Pacific market is being driven by a number of major factors, including significant untapped opportunities, economic growth, increased patient awareness, and constantly expanding healthcare infrastructure. In addition, the growing economies of India and China are predicted to fuel industry expansion by growing medical tourism activities supported by cheap procedural costs.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Facial Implant Market size to reach USD 3.6 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Matrix Surgical USA, Eurosurgical Ltd., Implantech Associates, Inc., Hanson Medical Inc., Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation, Sientra, Inc., Stryker Corporation, and Medartis AG.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Facial Implant Market
- 2022-Feb: DePuy Synthes, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, took over CrossRoads Extremity Systems, a Tennessee-based foot, and Ankle Company that offers a wide array of procedure-specific, sterile-packed implants and instrumentation systems cleared for lower extremity indications. This acquisition would expedite the innovation vision of the company by bolstering its offering for elective foot and ankle procedures, allowing it to offer robust and leading-edge options to surgeons and patients. Moreover, this acquisition would integrate many CrossRoads differentiated products to the DePuy Synthes portfolio, including miniBunion 3D, dynaBunion 4D and DynaForce Staple Compression Plates.
- 2020-Nov: Stryker acquired Wright Medical Group, a global medical device company focused on extremities and biologics. The acquisition would improve the global market position of Stryker in trauma and extremities, offering substantial opportunities to boost innovation and reach more patients and focus on the rising integrated business by providing solutions that enhance patient outcomes.
- 2018-Oct: Matrix Surgical got a 510(k) clearance to market its OmniPore DUROMAX Surgical Implants. The new solution is developed for non-weight-bearing applications of maxillofacial and orbital reconstruction, cosmetic surgery, and repair of maxillofacial and orbital trauma.
- 2018-Feb: Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies took over Orthotaxy, a privately-held developer of software-enabled surgery technologies, including a differentiated robotic-assisted surgery solution. Following the acquisition, the company aimed to develop to market a robotic-assisted surgery technology that is a crucial component of a comprehensive orthopaedics platform, offering value to patients, physicians and healthcare providers across the episode of care.
- 2017-Sep: DePuy Synthes rolled out TRUMATCH Titanium 3D-Printed Implants for use in facial reconstruction in the US. DePuy Synthes can now offer TRUMATCH Orthognathic, a personalized comprehensive solution for orthognathic surgery, also called corrective jaw surgery and Titanium 3D-Printed Implants for additional face reconstruction applications due to the addition of personalized Titanium 3D-Printed Implants.
- 2017-Sep: Implantech took over the assets of Spectrum Designs Medical, an established provider of facial and body-contouring implants. Following the acquisition, the company aimed to fulfill the growing demand for textured gluteal and pectoral implants developed of extra-soft silicone and offer more shapes and sizes.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Eyelid Surgery
- Chin & Mandibular Implants
- Cheek Implants
- Nasal Implants
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Matrix Surgical USA
- Eurosurgical Ltd.
- Implantech Associates, Inc.
- Hanson Medical Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation
- Sientra, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- Medartis AG
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free