Global Environment, Health and Safety Market By Component (Software and Services), By Deployment Type (On-premise and Hosted), By End User (Energy & Utilities, Chemicals & Materials, Construction & Engineering, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Government & Public Sector and Others), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Environment, Health and Safety Market
Market Report Description
The Global Environment, Health and Safety Market size is expected to reach $9.2 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 7.8% CAGR during the forecast period. Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) refers to an umbrella term that companies utilize to mention to norms, laws, regulations, professional programs, and workplace efforts with an aim to safeguard the health & safety of employees, the environment, and the public from threats related to the workplace. The EHS division of a company makes sure that the work performed by the organization does not create excessive environmental harm and risking the health & safety of the employees, and follows the issued norms.
To safeguard and decrease the number of accidents, health & emergencies issue at work combined with the environmental harm that occurs from work practices is the main objective of the EHS. Moreover, EHS helps in the formulation and installation of various types of safety & health programs in an organization. EHS refers to the regulatory policy that covers the recognition and compliance of all the production norms of a company with a major focus on working place conditions regarding security and environment.
The ability of environment health and safety services and software to assist companies in streamlining their waste management process is anticipated to boost the demand for environment health and safety software and services. The EHS applications supported by mobile phones and tabs are gaining rapid popularity among end users. EHS mobile applications with functionalities, such as auditing, incident reporting, and access to health and safety information on chemicals, inspections, and others are being developed.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The global pandemic delivered a blend of positive and negative impacts on the global EHS market. This is owing to the fact that carbon emissions have declined around the globe owing to the imposition of lockdown norms. The decline in the emissions because of the global pandemic is only a transitory gain because as industries and businesses are resuming their activities and operations to recover their monetary losses and this aspect would eventually result in a much higher level of carbon emissions.
Moreover, the outbreak of the pandemic has had an adverse impact on recycling efforts around the globe. In addition, different countries including the US, have halted or decrease their recycling efforts in order to focus on the collection of extra household waste or as the virus has affected the services.
Market Growth Factors:
Supportive government measures
Companies are witnessing financial pressure from regulatory bodies to maximize their business processes and install eco-friendly methods of operations. In addition, high scrutiny and strict norms have compelled the management teams to install EHS software solutions with an aim to lower down the growing incidents happening at the workplace. Therefore, it is imperative for organizations to comply with these government norms and strict guidelines for improving the safety of the environment and their workers.
Rising significance of EHS
Many companies across all industrial verticals have been forced to adopt EHS solutions due to the integrated environment of government norms, economic conditions, legal forces, and technologies. Moreover, the demand for reliable EHS software is constantly rising because of the high significance of safety of the employee at the workplace. From a business outlook, facing huge fines because of health & safety offenses can impact the monetary resources of the organizations.
Market Restraining Factor:
Absence of appropriate regulations in emerging nations
There is a rising prevalence of occupational diseases and injuries in emerging as well as under-developed nations because of a number of limitations including the absence of appropriate regulations. Some of the factors that hamper the development and maintenance of a secure and healthy work environment are poor economic position, lack of OSH management, and organizational features of work & employment.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Software and Services. Services segment is further bifurcated across Business Consulting & Advisory, Audit, Assessment & Regulatory Compliance, Project Deployment & Implementation, Analytics, Certification and Others. Among the services, the analytics segment is expected to witness the maximum growth rate over the forecast years. Analytics services assist the companies in collecting the data from various resources and examining it with an aim to boost the net profit. As soon as the data gets uploaded into the EHS analytics system, companies can see the data in a customizable dashboard, share the data with other companies, and transfer the data into an Excel sheet to create their reports.
Deployment Type Outlook
Based on Deployment Type, the market is segmented into On-premise and Hosted. The On-premise market dominated the Global Environment, Health and Safety Market by Deployment Type 2020, growing at a CAGR of 7 % during the forecast period. The Hosted market is expected to showcase highest CAGR of 9.2% during (2021 - 2027).
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Energy & Utilities, Chemicals & Materials, Construction & Engineering, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Government & Public Sector and Others. The chemicals segment is expected to obtain a prominent revenue share of the global EHS market during the forecast period. As the activities in the chemical sector need the usage of various kinds of materials and substances, even the smallest handling errors can result in expensive and life-threatening consequences. Hence, EHS solutions are deployed in the industry with an aim to keep track of storage and usage of hazardous chemicals, assist the companies in fulfilling the requirements, and prevent violation of safety norms.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 5.3 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 9.2 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.8% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||313|
|Number of Tables||493|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Deployment Type, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America emerged as the leading region in the global environment, health, and safety (EHS) market and would showcase a similar kind of trend over the forecast years. USA and Canada are the main countries of this region due to the massive adoption of sophisticated technological solutions along with their developed countries, which facilitate investments in the latest technologies. Besides, factor such as the existence of leading players across various nations in this region is responsible for the massive growth of the region.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Environment, Health and Safety Market Competition Analysis
Free Valuable Insights: Global Environment, Health and Safety Market size to reach USD 9.2 Billion by 2027
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Verisk Analytics, Inc., Wolters Kluwer, and Fortive Corporation are the forerunners in the Environment Health & Safety (EHS) Market. Companies such as SGS S.A., WSP Global, Inc., and Ideagen Plc are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Ideagen Plc, Wolters Kluwer, Tetra Tech, Inc., WSP Global, Inc., (Golder Associates), SGS S.A., AECOM Corporation, Fortive Corporation, Verisk Analytics, Inc., Cority Software, Inc. and Gensuite LLC.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Environment, Health and Safety Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- May-2021: SGS extended its partnership with Radisson Hotel Group, an American-Swedish-listed hotel group company. This expansion focused on continuing the global rollout of the Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol, to support Radisson Hotel Group's prevailing rigorous cleanliness, sanitation, and disinfection program over its portfolio globally.
- Mar-2021: Cority teamed up with 3M’s Personal Safety Division in the area of Connected Safety technologies. This collaboration aimed to integrate the solutions of two companies to assist their customers to solve problems and set them on the path toward improved worker well-being and operational excellence.
- Mar-2021: AECOM entered into a partnership with Houston METRO, the region’s largest public transit provider. This partnership aimed at boosting the implementation of automated technology in transit vehicles. Together, the companies under AIM initiatives would further progress mobility and innovation in the transit sector and also enabling their customers to gain their sustainability objectives.
- Feb-2021: SGS entered into a partnership with RLP AgroScience, a German research institution in Neustadt. This partnership would enable more complicated, customized experimental designs to be delivered for environmental & human safety assessments of chemicals, pesticides, biocides, and human drugs/veterinary drugs.
- Dec-2020: Verisk 3E teamed up with Cority, the most trusted provider of environmental, health, safety, and quality (EHSQ) management software. Under this collaboration, Verisk 3E’s substance-level chemical safety data integrate with Cority’s EHSQ SaaS platform. Through this API integration, companies can enhance regulatory compliance and also manage their most challenging business risks with more efficiency.
- Oct-2020: Wolters Kluwer collaborated with Honeywell, an American publicly traded, multinational conglomerate. This collaboration aimed to combine Honeywell's Industrial Internet of Things connected gadgets and safety software along with the risk & environmental, health and safety (EHS) software by Enablon. In addition, the companies enable users to supervise their EHS performance, get early warnings regarding issues from their Honeywell equipment and carry out proactive steps to assist in preventing incidents and enhance safety compliance.
- Sep-2020: Cority formed a partnership with Interaptix, a leading provider of augmented reality (AR) solutions for the industrial workforce. This partnership aimed to strengthen worker safety by offering real-time, contextually relevant health, safety, and environmental data to help in making fast and effective decision-making to minimize risk.
- Sep-2020: Intelex Technologies entered into a partnership with VP&White, a leading software consultancy specializing in QHSE based in France. In this partnership, VP&White would resell Intelex solutions and offer complete implementation and services. Further, this partnership would help Intelex to expand its presence in EMEA. Both the companies would bring the market-leading breadth of advanced QHSE technology and substantial expertise to support customers in France and other French-speaking nations in Europe via successful transformations.
- Jul-2020: SGS collaborated with JLL, a global commercial real estate services company. This collaboration aimed to enable building owners & occupiers to ensure their spaces are cleaned properly and safely. The companies would also offer solutions, along with JLL, that help in maintaining a secure workplace and promise customers reliability.
- Jun-2020: Enablon came into collaboration with EY, a multinational professional services network. This collaboration aimed to deliver a strong digital solution to assist companies in safely manage workplace operational challenges owing to COVID-19.
- Jun-2020: SGS came into partnership with Accor, the market-leading hotel group. This partnership aimed to ensure the safety and well-being of its customers in Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Greece by deploying additional cleaning measures in its hotels.
- May-2020: Ideagen entered into a partnership with the World Health Organisation (WHO). This partnership aimed to support the company's crucial collaboration and policy-making work with member states and other interested bodies in the global COVID-19 pandemic.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Jul-2021: Ideagen acquired OpsBase, the platform to manage audits, checklists, forms, and workflows and take all operations digital and Mi-Co, provider of mobile information solutions for mission-critical business processes. Both the acquisition aimed to expand its product offering and support users operating in highly regulated surroundings with high-quality software solutions over a variety of platforms.
- Jun-2021: SGS took over Metair Lab, a health and hygiene testing laboratory in France. This acquisition aimed to strengthen SGS’s market-leading position in health & hygiene testing in France. This deal would also support the company's strategic development by aligning its global network more closely to the main TIC megatrend of health and hygiene, complementing its objective to create a better, safer, and more interconnected world.
- Apr-2021: Cority acquired WeSustain, developer, and seller of web-based software for enterprise sustainability management. Under this acquisition, WeSustain’s solutions would support Cority's market-leading CorityOne platform. In addition, this deal would also strengthen its European presence and position Cority for the swiftly developing strategic impact of ESG aspects in every major enterprise across the globe.
- Dec-2019: WSP completed the acquisition of Ecology & Environment in the United States. Through this acquisition, the company would fulfill its strategic objectives of improving its activities in the US and also strengthening its expertise in the environment industry.
- Nov-2020: Intelex Technologies completed the acquisition of ehsAI, a next wave compliance automation technology provider. Through this acquisition, Intelex would expand its compliance offerings and strengthen its EHSQ leadership position.
- Mar-2020: Ideagen announced the acquisition of Workrite, the leading Health & Safety and DSE Training and E-Learning brand. This acquisition would enable Ideagen to strengthen its offering in the particular area of Health & Safety compliance and support the company's prevailing Ideagen Academy and Q-Pulse products.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Apr-2021: Intelex Technologies launched Intelex HazardIQ, a new connected safety solution. This solution aimed to utilize the power of technology to safeguard the lives of workers in high & medium-risk work surroundings.
- Apr-2021: Intelex Technologies introduced a new suite of Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) management solutions. This suite would assist companies launch, scale or optimize their ESG programs, despite their level in their program maturity.
- Apr-2021: Enablon released the new Version 9.2 of its Vision Platform software. This version aims at assisting workplace risk by forecasting and preventing events.
- Mar-2021: Enablon introduced an ESG management and reporting solution based on the Enablon cloud software platform. This solution aims to assist offer companies with end-to-end management and reporting of ESG data.
- Mar-2021: Cority introduced CorityOne its true SaaS platform. This platform is built on a heritage of pragmatic innovation and is developed to assist EHS and business leaders thrive to make stronger, connected, more resilient, and sustainable companies for future improvements.
- Nov-2020: Enablon launched Enablon Version 9. This version is the only software in the industry connecting EHSS, Risk, and Operations in a single user interface, providing comprehensive transparency and connectivity into work across the company.
- Sep-2020: Ideagen launched Q-Pulse, the first cloud version of its industry-leading quality, health & safety, and environmental (QHSE) product. This product is utilized to efficiently manage and reduce their QHSE risks.
- Jul-2020: AECOM unveiled its latest integrated technology solution, Transportation Resilient Integrated Passenger Solution (TRIPS). This solution supports the safe return to service for the whole passenger journey along with employee experience for transit agencies.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Business Consulting & Advisory
- Audit, Assessment & Regulatory Compliance
- Project Deployment & Implementation
By Deployment Type
By End User
- Energy & Utilities
- Chemicals & Materials
- Construction & Engineering
- Government & Public Sector
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Ideagen Plc
- Wolters Kluwer
- Tetra Tech, Inc.
- WSP Global, Inc. (Golder Associates)
- SGS S.A.
- AECOM Corporation
- Fortive Corporation
- Verisk Analytics, Inc.
- Cority Software, Inc.
- Gensuite LLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
How valuable will the Environment, Health and Safety market be in the future?
The global Environment, Health and Safety market size is expected to reach $9.2 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Environment, Health and Safety market?
Supportive government measures are driving the market in coming years, however, absence of appropriate regulations in emerging nations limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Ideagen Plc, Wolters Kluwer, Tetra Tech, Inc., WSP Global, Inc., (Golder Associates), SGS S.A., AECOM Corporation, Fortive Corporation, Verisk Analytics, Inc., Cority Software, Inc. and Gensuite LLC.
At what CAGR is the Environment, Health and Safety market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the Environment, Health and Safety market is 7.8% from 2021 to 2027.
Has COVID-19 impacted the Environment, Health and Safety market?
Yes, Online stores have witnessed outstanding sales of convenience foods, bars, and snacks during lockdown but the demand for Environment, Health and Safety remained uninterrupted.
Which region shows the faster growth rate of the Environment, Health and Safety market over the forecast period?
The Asia-Pacific is anticipated to register the maximum growth rate during the forecasting period, owing to the increasing dental tourism, growing awareness related to oral health, and reduced cost of dental laboratory work.