Global Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) Market By Delivery Mode (Web-hosted eCOA, Cloud-based eCOA, and Licensed enterprises eCOA), By End Use (Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Hospitals, Academic Institutes, Pharma & Biotech Companies and Medical Device Manufacturers), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) Market
Market Report Description
The Global Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment Solution Market (eCOA) size is expected to reach $2.4 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 19% CAGR during the forecast period. Electronic clinical outcome assessment (eCOA) refers to a system that is capable of measuring mental state, patient symptom, and the prognosis of a disease. Some major components of eCOA platforms are electronic diaries and electronic Patient Reported Outcomes (ePRO). These components act as support systems for ePRO. In every type of application of clinical outcome assessment systems, the compliance rates are very high, which facilitates the research procedures.
Over the years, electronic clinical outcome assessment has proved to be very effective and cost-efficient. There is a rapid increment of investment from the pharmaceutical industry on clinical trials, while the demand & development of clinical data management is constantly growing. The market growth is expected to be affected positively by the development of cloud computing in the pharmaceutical industry. On the other hand, the eCOA is associated with a high initial cost of installation, which is a pressing concern for sponsors of clinical trials, & mid-scale pharmaceutical manufacturers. This factor is likely to slow down the growth rate of the global electronic clinical outcome assessment solution market in the next few years.
The adoption & demand for eCOA solutions would be fuelled due to the complexity of healthcare information management. Using these systems, healthcare facilities can expect accurate & timely delivery of health information & decrease the pressure of patients who are undergoing clinical trials. The demand for R&D to create innovative treatments & drugs is increasing with the massive growth of the healthcare industry. The increasing number of research studies is creating a need for a unified data capture system. Therefore, all the mentioned aspects would drive the product demand during the forecast period.
Delivery Mode Outlook
Based on Delivery Mode, the market is segmented into Web-hosted eCOA, Cloud-based eCOA, and Licensed enterprises eCOA. The web-hosted eCOA solutions segment garnered the maximum revenue share in 2019. This high revenue share is credited to the numerous advantages & applications of the segment. Web-based services provide some major benefits including remote access to the health information of the patient & information sharing in order to restrict the potential risk of data misuse or resolve the issues at a critical point of the study.
End Use Outlook
Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Hospitals, Academic Institutes, Pharma & Biotech Companies and Medical Device Manufacturers. Contract Research Organizations (CROs) procured the major revenue share in 2019. Moreover, this segment is anticipated to observe a high growth rate in the next few years due to the increasing demand from the pharma giants. The CROs segment is expected to show bright growth as this often puts high pressure on pharma companies to bring down the overall cost of clinical development studies.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 859.1 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 2.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 19% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||189|
|Number of Tables||283|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Landscape|
|Segments covered||Delivery Mode, End Use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) Market Competition Analysis
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2019, North America emerged as a dominant region in the global market. The existence of medical device manufacturers, technologically developed research centers, universities, and hospitals along with the superior healthcare infrastructure would boost the initiatives regarding the new drug development in the next few years. In North America, the U.S. procured the maximum revenue share of the market. This is attributed to the massive adoption of healthcare analytics services. Governments as well as nonprofit organizations are undertaking various initiatives regarding the adoption of eClinical platforms, which further boosts the demand for these products.
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Oracle Corporation and IBM Corporation are the forerunners in the Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment Solution Market (ECOA). Companies such as Signant Health, ERT Clinical, Parexel International Corporation, IQVIA Holdings, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Oracle Corporation, Dassault Systemes SE, IQVIA Holdings, Inc., Parexel International Corporation (Pamplona Capital Management), IBM Corporation (Merge Healthcare), Signant Health, ERT Clinical, eClinical Solutions LLC, Castor EDC and Anju Software, Inc. (OmniComm Systems).
Recent Strategies Deployed in Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Nov-2020: Medidata came into collaboration with Oxford University Innovation’s Clinical Outcomes Team (OUI). In this collaboration, the companies aimed to initiate actively integrating OUI’s stable clinical outcome assessments (COAs) into Medidata’s electronic COA (eCOA) Global Library. The collaboration also helped in boosting clinical study start-up, support quality enhancements, and propel study management efficiency.
- Oct-2020: Signant Health partnered with Aural Analytics, Inc., an industry-leading speech neuroscience and speech analytics technology company. The partnership aimed to integrate its A2E mobile application SDK and Web API over the Signant Health’s Rater Station and TrialMax training, data quality overviewing, and eCOA solutions.
- Oct-2020: Signant Health came into partnership with Science 37, the leader in decentralized clinical trials. The partnership aimed to strengthen the capabilities for decentralized or virtual central nervous system (CNS) clinical research. The companies brought together Science 37’s best-in-class decentralized trial capability and Signant’s proven data collection technologies, providing sponsors and sites digitally enabled solutions for conducting CNS studies.
- Sep-2020: Castor entered into a partnership with Click Therapeutics, a leader in the field of digital therapeutics. Under this partnership, the companies focused on providing solutions for conducting fully remote clinical trials. Castor delivered Click with solutions for digital enrollment, remote data capture (EDC and eCOA), and electronic consent (eConsent).
- Jul-2020: ERT came into partnership with Cogstate, the leading neuroscience technology company. The partnership focused on expanding ERT's industry-leading electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) solution with digital cognitive endpoint measurement to enhance safety and value assessment in clinical trials that include the capabilities for at-home testing.
- May-2020: Parexel Informatics, a division of Parexel collaborated with Microsoft Azure. Under this collaboration, Parexel introduced the #KeepingPatientsFirst integrated Real-World Evidence (RWE) research platform for gathering critical evidence and boosting patient and physician access to insights on the treatment and outcomes in COVID-19.
- Sep-2019: Medidata entered into a collaboration with Mapi Research Trust, curator of Clinical Outcomes Assessments (COA). Under this collaboration, the companies announced a new critical mission to make a digital, global library of pre-configured and pre-approved eCOA (clinical outcomes assessment) questionnaires. This collaboration made reusable versions of MRT distributed questionnaires in Medidata Rave eCOA, gathering COA data from hundreds of studies every year on the Medidata platform.
- Sep-2019: Signant Health collaborated with the Shanghai Mental Health Centre (SMHC), a leading organization on mental health prevention planning. This collaboration helped Signant to offer electronic informed consent for a significant neuroscience study by SMHC.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Dec-2020: ERT announced the merger of Bioclinica, a technological and scientific leader in clinical imaging and ERT. Together the companies created a leading partner to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, offering best-in-class technology, and digital innovation scientific & therapeutic expertise and a strong focus on customer service. Under this merger, Bioclinica’s expertise in imaging was integrated with ERT’s expertise in eCOA, respiratory, wearables, and cardiac safety.
- Nov-2020: Signant Health took over VirTrial, a leading provider of software solutions. In this acquisition, Signant Health added the capabilities of VirTrial to expand its software stack to further digitally improved trial sites and provide sponsors superior evidence generation around decentralized, traditional, and hybrid trial models. Signant Health's complete suite of technology and clinical expertise, integrated with VirTrial's telemedicine platform, better support sites as sponsors boost their trial strategies to digitalize methods during COVID-19 and after that too.
- Feb-2017: ERT took over Exco InTouch, data capture and digital health Solutions Company. The acquisition aimed to make ERT a one-stop-shop to offer the biopharmaceutical industry the most enhanced and complete choice for electronic clinical outcome assessments (Ecoa), digital health, and patient engagement.
» Product Launches and Product Expansion:
- Sep-2020: Signant Health launched eCOA Explained, a new Master Class web series. This series was developed to boost the understanding and skills of clinical operations professionals who have an interest in electronic clinical outcome assessments (eCOA). The educational and complimentary class introduced with three courses and 16 on-demand lessons developed for each level of eCOA experience, as trained by 13 clinical research science and technology experts.
- Jun-2019: IQVIA launched the Patient-Centered Endpoints (PCE) solution. The solution is an advanced science and technology-enabled approach that collects quantified evidence of patients’ experiences at the time of clinical trials and real-world studies. This technology allows trial sponsors to understand better the patients’ experiences on different therapies, diminish study implementation timelines, and improved data transparency.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Delivery Mode
- Web-hosted eCOA
- Cloud-based eCOA
- Licensed enterprises eCOA
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Academic Institutes
- Pharma & Biotech Companies
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Oracle Corporation
- Dassault Systemes SE
- IQVIA Holdings, Inc.
- Parexel International Corporation (Pamplona Capital Management)
- IBM Corporation (Merge Healthcare)
- Signant Health
- ERT Clinical
- eClinical Solutions LLC
- Castor EDC
- Anju Software, Inc. (OmniComm Systems)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of electronic clinical outcome assessment market by 2026?
The electronic clinical outcome assessment market size is projected to reach USD 2.4 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive electronic clinical outcome assessment industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the electronic clinical outcome assessment industry include increase ROI with configurable patient engagement characteristics.
Which region dominated the electronic clinical outcome assessment market in 2019?
The North America market dominated the Global Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) Solutions Market by Region in 2019.
At what CAGR is the electronic clinical outcome assessment market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of electronic clinical outcome assessment market is 19% from 2020 to 2026.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Oracle Corporation, Dassault Systemes SE, IQVIA Holdings, Inc., Parexel International Corporation (Pamplona Capital Management), IBM Corporation (Merge Healthcare), Signant Health, ERT Clinical, eClinical Solutions LLC, Castor EDC and Anju Software, Inc. (OmniComm Systems).