Global Dye Sublimated Apparel Market By Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), By Product (T-shirts, Golf Shirts, Hoodies, Leggings, and Others), By Printing Technique (Small Format Heat Press, Calendar Heat Press, Flatbed Heat Press and 3D Vacuum Heat Press), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Dye Sublimated Apparel Market
Market Report Description
The Global Dye Sublimated Apparel Market size is expected to reach $8.1 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 12.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Dye sublimated apparels are generally lightweight and appropriate for different kinds of work environments. The growth of dye sublimated apparel is fueled by the growing number of clothes dyed every day. Moreover, the market growth is further boosted by the increasing spending on tailored clothes with print photographs.
Additionally, the dye sublimated apparel market is expected to witness lucrative growth opportunities due to the less time and massive production of printed and photographed garments. Conversely, the growth of the dye sublimated apparel market would be hampered by the significant downfall of the worldwide textile industry because of the outbreak of a global pandemic. Moreover, the players operating in the market would witness many challenges due to the huge cost related to printing techniques.
It has become critical to incorporate reduced frictional resistance technology with an aim to ensure breathability and reduce the wrinkles occurrence of apparel. Moreover, the growth of the market is expected to augment due to the increasing expenditure on several customized clothes with printed graphics and gradient tones. Many retailers are entering into retail space as the majority of consumers in well-established as well as emerging countries are moving to digital marketplaces in order to buy products. This factor is playing a pivotal role in the growth of the dye sublimated apparel market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the growth of the textile industry has been hampered significantly. Due to the stringent lockdown restrictions and other measures, the demand and need for fashionable clothes witnessed a declining trend. Governments ordered to shut down all non-essential shops and outlets including apparel stores and malls. As a result, the demand for dye sublimated apparel was hampered during the pandemic period. With strict social distancing regulations in place, consumers were forced to stay inside their homes so as to curb the transmission rate. These aspects had hindered the growth & demand for dye sublimated apparel during the pandemic period.
Market Growth Factors:
Increased production speed and high-volume systems would boost the market growth
Presently, a growing number of clothes are colored as well as dyed. The demand for dye sublimated apparel is boosted by the huge volume of clothes dyed in the market. The latest printheads provide higher print speed and an automatic circulation system, hence decreasing downtime. The customers are encouraged to dye their clothes with high quality due to the decreased amount of time and higher production of photographed and printed garments.
Emerging trends of digital printing in the sublimated sportswear market
The sportswear industry has moved to sublimation printing as it is a less costly method. Moreover, it is a sustainable printing process that consumes less time. The demand for appealing and fashionable sportswear apparel has been increased due to the growing style and fashion trend among the Z generation. In addition, the demand for sublimated sportswear has been driven by the increasing awareness about innovative designs and customization options. The primary customers for sublimated sportswear are the mainstream customers like professionals sports teams.
Market Restraining Factor:
COVID-19 pandemic hampered the market growth
The global pandemic has negatively affected a majority of industries including the textile sector. Owing to the stringent lockdown measures and ban on movement, the textile industry was completely hindered during the first quarter of 2020. In addition, governments’ ban on non-essential facilities including shopping malls and retail stores had declined the demand for dye sublimated apparel and the trend is still witnessed in some parts of the world.
Distribution Channel Outlook
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Offline and Online. The offline distribution channel segment procured the highest revenue share of the dye sublimated apparel market in 2020. Factors such as the increase in consumer inclinations toward offline stores as they provide a wide range of dye sublimated customized apparel based on different themes including logos of sports clubs, and festivals.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into T-shirts, Golf Shirts, Hoodies, Leggings, and Others. The leggings segment would display the fastest growth rate during the forecasting period. Leggings have gained high popularity among consumers as a must-have clothing product because they provide flexibility, comfort, and mobility. This factor is responsible for the growth of the segment.
Printing Technique Outlook
Based on Printing Technique, the market is segmented into Small Format Heat Press, Calendar Heat Press, Flatbed Heat Press and 3D Vacuum Heat Press. The small format heat press segment garnered the maximum revenue share of the dye sublimated apparel market in 2020. Small format heat presses are majorly regarded by small and medium budget companies that have been searching for a highly flexible system.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 3.3 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 8.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 12.9% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||210|
|Number of Tables||370|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Distribution Channel, Product, Printing Technique, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America would showcase the fastest growth rate during the forecasting years. Factor such as the rise in demand for comfortable and stylish decorative apparel is responsible for the growth of the regional market. Constant upsurge in the number of public gatherings, concerts, and outdoor exhibitions is further boosting this trend.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Dye Sublimated Apparel Market size to reach USD 8.1 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Gildan Activewear Inc., Under Armour Inc., HanesBrands Inc., Royal Apparel Inc., Bella+Canvas, dasFlow Custom Athletic Apparel, Oasis Sublimation, Wooter Apparel, Renfro Corporation and Augusta Sportswear Brands.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Dye Sublimated Apparel Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Nov-2020: Augusta Sportswear entered into a partnership with Perfect Game, the world's largest elite youth baseball and softball platform. The partnership aimed to offer a Robust Selection of Top-Quality Apparel.
- Mar-2020: HanesBrands came into a multi-year agreement with Amazon Fashion, a division of Amazon. Under this agreement, HanesBrands rolled out its renowned C9 Champion performance athletic wear.
- Dec-2019: HanesBrands formed a partnership with LF Corp, a leading operator of apparel retail stores and e-commerce platforms. Under the partnership, LF Corp would become a distribution partner of HanesBrands. The partnership aimed to increase the number of Champion points of distribution in South Korea including free-standing stores, shop-in-shops, and e-commerce by a triple at the end of 2020 and would continue to expand over the next five years.
- Nov-2019: Champion Athleticwear, a brand of HanesBrands joined hands with Coca-Cola. Under this collaboration, the two companies rolled out a limited-edition capsule collection, Champion X Coca-Cola. Following the collaboration, the two entities would develop an innovative design story displayed through bold, colorful, and unexpected logo placements inspired by archived artwork.
- Nov-2019: Augusta Sportswear Brands introduced FreeStyle Sublimation, the latest sublimation design platform. Through this launch, the company would facilitate users to design custom apparel through the desktop or mobile devices at game-changing speed across all four brands viz. Augusta Sportswear, Holloway, High Five, and Russell Athletic. The platform is relatively different from other sublimation options in the industry with its advanced, still easy-to-use interface.
- Aug-2019: Augusta Sportswear Brands completed the acquisition of Pacific Headwear, a privately held company based in Coburg, Oregon. The acquisition aimed to support Augusta Sportswear Brands' existing brand portfolio including Augusta Sportswear, Holloway, and High Five.
- Mar-2019: Under Armour expanded its geographical reach by opening a store in India. Through this expansion, the company would enhance its global presence to boost future growth.
- Jun-2018: Augusta Sportswear partnered with Russell Athletic, an American clothing manufacturer. Following the partnership, Augusta Sportswear would become the Exclusive Team Sports Partner of Russell Athletic and exclusively manufacture, market, and sell team uniforms and other team-specific products.
- Feb-2018: HanesBrands acquired Bras N Things, a leading specialty retailer and online seller of intimate apparel in Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. The acquisition aimed to support the business portfolio of HanesBrands.
- Oct-2017: Hanesbrands took over Alternative Apparel, a Norcross, Ga.-based marketer of “better apparel” basics. Following the acquisition, Alternative would support distribution, online, direct-to-consumer, and conventional retail channels of Hanesbrands.
- Feb-2017: Gildan took over American Apparel, an online-only retailer and former brick-and-mortar stores operator based in Los Angeles. Through this acquisition, Gildan aimed to strengthen its brand portfolio.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Distribution Channel
- Golf Shirts
By Printing Technique
- Small Format Heat Press
- Calendar Heat Press
- Flatbed Heat Press
- 3D Vacuum Heat Press
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Gildan Activewear Inc.
- Under Armour Inc.
- HanesBrands Inc.
- Royal Apparel Inc.
- dasFlow Custom Athletic Apparel
- Oasis Sublimation
- Wooter Apparel
- Renfro Corporation
- Augusta Sportswear Brands
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
How valuable will the dye sublimated apparel market be in the future?
The global dye sublimated apparel market size is expected to reach $8.1 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the dye sublimated apparel market?
The surge in the number of beauty concerns are driving the market in coming years, however, availability of substitutes have limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Gildan Activewear Inc., Under Armour Inc., HanesBrands Inc., Royal Apparel Inc., Bella+Canvas, dasFlow Custom Athletic Apparel, Oasis Sublimation, Wooter Apparel, Renfro Corporation and Augusta Sportswear Brands.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the dye sublimated apparel market in 2020?
In 2020, the t-shirt segment acquired the maximum revenue share of the dye sublimated apparel market. Organizations, particularly start-ups have been inclined towards tailored t-shirts as an off-the-clock advertising instrument.
Which segment shows the high growth rate of the dye sublimated apparel market over the forecast period?
3D vacuum heat press segment would exhibit the fastest growth rate over the forecast years. This technique is majorly utilized for t-shirt designing in the apparel category.
Which region acquired maximum revenue share in 2020?
APAC emerged as the dominating region by obtaining the maximum revenue share of the global dye sublimated apparel market.