Global Drone Analytics Market By Application (Thermal Detection, Aerial Monitoring, Ground Exploration, 3D Modeling and Others), By Deployment Type (On-Premise and Cloud), By End User (Power & Utility, Construction & Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Transportation & Logistics, and Others), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Drone Analytics Market
Market Report Description
The Global Drone Analytics Market size is expected to reach $31.2 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 22.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Drones have revolutionized and improved the productivity of various sectors in a short span of time. Drones have been installed for various purposes such as safety inspections, security monitoring & surveillance, storm tracking, and to extensively study the environment by scanning remote areas.
Specialized drone analytics solutions are extremely helpful in gathering data in comparison to conventional data collection tools. Drones produce real-time data which can be examined to offer real-time insights to decision-makers. Cloud computing offers an effective platform for managing and storing the massive volumes of data created by drones. In addition, it assists in enhancing the computational power and automates the end-to-end system functions of drones. The utilization of sophisticated technologies like AI and machine learning in drone analytics solutions offers users the ability to differentiate processed data into valuable assets for extracting information.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
As drone directly witnesses the demand from end-user industries, the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has adversely impacted the growth of the drone analytics market. In addition, the current economic slowdown would lead to a reduction in the demand for drones from end-user sectors like mining, construction, and among others. However, as drones have potential application across different industries, the demand for drones is expected to fuel in the future.
Law enforcement bodies across the globe have adopted drones in order to enforce and maintain the lockdown restrictions and performing situation monitoring missions without risky exposure. The current norms and controls have lowered down the intensity of the broader supply chain disturbances created by the pandemic on the key companies based in the US.
Market Growth Factors:
Surge in the investments to create highly advanced drone software
As drone analytics is a new concept with a range of potential applications, chip companies, industrial conglomerates, and IT consulting companies have put hefty investments to inculcate and create the desired potential in the present generation of drones with the help of hardware and software updates. It is expected that in the last couple of years, drone startups including OEMs and associated companies in the supply chain have witnessed a huge number of investments.
Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS) drones are witnessing a high adoption rate
In the last couple of years, the Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS) feature-integrated UAVs drones have witnessed massive traction across the globe. This is due to the fact that these drones enable users to carry out complicated operations without the help of humans, as they are capable to operate beyond the domain of the human eye.
Market Restraining Factor:
Uncertain regulatory scenario
In the last couple of years, there has been an upsurge in the adoption of drone analytics; though, there is a lack of regulations and norms pertaining to this field in many emerging and underdeveloped countries. In addition, there are various disputes between governmental norms and any state or city norms to regulate airspace property rights, due to which drone operators could breach the regulations.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Thermal Detection, Aerial Monitoring, Ground Exploration, 3D Modeling and Others. The 3D segment would showcase the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. 3D modeling enables effective visualization and reconstruction assets. For example, 3D modeling technology can be used by a wind turbine engineer in order to visualize the development of a windmill. The images recorded by drones would be processed by the analytics software, further transforming into a 3D point cloud, and after into a robust 3D model.
Deployment Type Outlook
Based on Deployment Type, the market is segmented into On-Premise and Cloud. In 2020, the on-premise dominated the drone analytics market in terms of revenue. The segment would display the same trend throughout the forecasting period. On-premise deployment allows the customers to store data and create 2D/3D models quickly.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Power & Utility, Construction & Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Transportation & Logistics, and Others. The power and utility segment obtained the maximum revenue share of the drone analytics market in 2020 and would showcase a similar kind of trend even during the forecast period. The power and utility sector requires integration of quick response and timely scrutiny to facilitate preventive and proactive measures.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 7.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 31.2 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 22.3% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||238|
|Number of Tables||394|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Application, Deployment Type, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The Asia-Pacific will register the maximum growth rate of the drone analytics market in 2020. The regional drone analytics market would witness new avenues for growth due to the thriving commercial industry, particularly in nations such as India, China, and Japan. In addition, countries in the region are providing different kinds of schemes to increase the adoption of drones.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Drone Analytics Market size to reach USD 31.2 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Delta Drone SA, AgEagle Aerial Systems, Inc., HUVRdata, Inc., Sentera, Inc., Optelos LLC, Kespry, Inc., Pix4D SA, DroneDeploy, Inc., VIATechnik, LLC and Esri, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Drone Analytics Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Jul-2021: Delta Drone partnered with Airobotics, provider of an end-to-end, fully automatic solution for collecting aerial data and gaining invaluable insights. This partnership focused on geographically distributing their solutions and strengthen their leadership position, by dividing each other's efforts across the globe.
- May-2021: Delta Drone signed a five-year contract renewal with South 32, a mining company. Delta has been reappointed as a testament to the South 32 Rocketmine brand and its people on the ground servicing their mining customers every day. With the customized data solution specifically for the mining sector, the company could eliminate any challenges that come with aerial data collection like rapid technology improvements and rules & regulations and enables South 32's users to focus on their key business operations.
- Mar-2021: Delta Drone entered into its largest multinational OEM integration agreement with Doosan Mobility Innovation (DMI). This agreement aimed to see ParaZero combine its patented SafeAir parachute technology with Doosan’s DS30 endurance drone. The multi-phase project would involve R&D coordination, ground deployment testing, system architecture, design, system finalization, and ASTM F3322-18 testing and certification.
- Feb-2021: DroneDeploy joined hands with Corteva Agriscience, a major American agricultural chemical and seed company. Through this collaboration, Corteva Agriscience would help farmers effectively scout their fields, deliver data-driven analysis and insights across the products they require to utilize, consider opportunities to replant and be better informed about their fields' performance.
- Feb-2021: AgEagle Aerial Systems collaborated with Valqari, a hardware company offering autonomous logistics solutions for drone and logistic problems. This collaboration aimed to make a fully automated, turnkey, on-demand drone delivery system for order & delivery of food & beverages to golfers when they are in the field play on a golf course.
- Oct-2020: Esri UK formed a partnership with Heliguy, a leader in drone innovation and aerial cinematography. This partnership aimed to complete its end-to-end drone solution developed for the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) industry.
- Oct-2020: AgEagle Aerial Systems signed a two-year exclusive contract manufacturing agreement with Valqari, a hardware company offering autonomous logistics solutions for drone and logistic problems. This agreement aimed to manufacture Valqari’s Drone Delivery Station.
- Jan-2020: HUVR partnered with ExxonMobil, an American multinational oil and gas corporation. This partnership aimed to combine and scale ExxonMobil's drone services to derive the expected ROI via HUVR’s data analytics platform.
- Jan-2020: Pix4D entered into a partnership agreement with Flyability, a robotics company. This agreement aimed to provide bundled Flyability and Pix4D products. The bundle would be sold as a Photogrammetry Add-On. This offer is dedicated to facilitating access to a coherent and comprehensive product offering to people who want to address indoor 3D modeling utilizing photogrammetry.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Aug-2021: Delta Drone acquired Arvista, a provider of professional UAV (drone) aerial surveying services. Through this acquisition, Delta would expand its presence in Australia and also get an experienced team of drone aerial survey operators that are serving a contracted customer base of mining & other engineering-related enterprises to gather crucial survey data and other vital information.
- Apr-2021: AgEagle Aerial Systems took over Measure Global, an aerial intelligence company. This acquisition aimed to add Measure’s improved software to the AgEagle platform, which would enable commercial, agriculture, and industrial users looking to monetize the significant economic, safety, and efficiency advantages made possible by drones utilized at scale to have a clear option.
- Jan-2021: Delta Drone South Africa announced a merger with ParaZero, manufacturer of drone safety systems. Under this merger, Delta Drone re-commenced trading on the ASX and deliver drone services to the agricultural, mining, and engineering sectors via a variety of contract and project services that include aerial surveying and mapping, security & surveillance, and blast monitoring & fragment analysis along with safety system and compliance management.
- Jan-2021: AgEagle Aerial Systems completed the acquisition of MicaSense, a multispectral sensor manufacturer. Through this acquisition, MicaSense would empower AgEagle to carry out true innovation and improvements of commercial drone systems & solutions for more high-growth industry segments.
- Sep-2020: Esri took over nFrames, a technology company that develops SURETM. This acquisition aimed to enable the fusion of imagery with 3D GIS, helping nFrames and Esri customers to effortlessly capture and evaluate 3D data from the drone, aerial, and ground-based sensors in an automated end-to-end process.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Dec-2020: Sentera introduced enhancements in the 6X Multispectral Gimbaled Sensor with DJI Skyport and Payload SDK integration. The 6X Multispectral Sensor is integrated with FieldAgent that empowers customers to take their research further by providing science-grade multi-band and high-resolution visual band image products via a simplified, easy-to-utilize data-processing workflow.
- Nov-2020: Pix4D launched Pix4Dcatch, a new app product for ground image acquisition. Pix4Dcatch helps professionals in the inspection, construction, and public safety industries among several others, to reduce time and money, providing them the opportunity to add on to their business offering to involve swift creation of precise 3D ground models.
- Sep-2020: Pix4D introduced Pix4Dmatic, the digital photogrammetry software for the precise and rapid corridor and large-scale mapping. Pix4Dmatic is developed to suit an increasing demand as professionals map bigger and bigger areas across the globe.
- Jun-2020: Kespry introduced its summer 2020 Aerial Intelligence updates for its drone analytics offerings. This update includes the latest capabilities, integrations, tools, and third-party operator options. This launch aims to make its platform easier to implement and utilize for the aggregates, mining, construction, and insurance industries.
- Jun-2020: Pix4D unveiled a pair of cloud-based mapping platforms, Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced. By using Pix4Dcloud Advanced, projects are processed with ground control points (GCPs) directly on the cloud. Pix4D has integrated machine learning and computer vision in the AutoGCPs feature to determine the exact center of a GCP target quickly with pixel-level precision, everything automatically. The major advantage to the cloud-based solution is that the projects & datasets developed by customers are all in a single place, enabling more effortless access and decreased time searching for sites and datasets.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Apr-2021: Pix4D expanded its Tokyo office to bolster its presence in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) market. Pix4D would be operating closely with its local partners to fulfill the increasing regional demand for its photogrammetry & image analytics solutions. This office would also work closely with the Pix4D Shanghai office to better serve China and other countries across East, Oceania, South, and Southeast Asia.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Thermal Detection
- Aerial Monitoring
- Ground Exploration
- 3D Modeling
By Deployment Type
By End User
- Power & Utility
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Oil & Gas
- Transportation & Logistics
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Delta Drone SA
- AgEagle Aerial Systems, Inc.
- HUVRdata, Inc.
- Sentera, Inc.
- Optelos LLC
- Kespry, Inc.
- Pix4D SA
- DroneDeploy, Inc.
- VIATechnik, LLC
- Esri, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global drone analytics market market by 2027?
The drone analytics market market size is projected to reach USD 31.2 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the drone analytics market market?
Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS) drones are witnessing a high adoption rate are driving the market in coming years, however, uncertain regulatory scenario limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the drone analytics market market?
Delta Drone SA, AgEagle Aerial Systems, Inc., HUVRdata, Inc., Sentera, Inc., Optelos LLC, Kespry, Inc., Pix4D SA, DroneDeploy, Inc., VIATechnik, LLC and Esri, Inc.
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global drone analytics market market?
Law enforcement bodies across the globe have adopted drones in order to enforce and maintain the lockdown restrictions and performing situation monitoring missions without risky exposure.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the drone analytics market market in 2020?
The thermal detection application garnered the highest revenue share of the drone analytics market in 2020.
Which region is leading the market?
The North America emerged as the leading region in the global drone analytics market in 2020. Massive investment in drone analytics from the commercial sector is boosting the growth of the regional market.