Global Doorbell Camera Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Product (Wired and Wireless), By Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Doorbell Camera Market
Market Report Description
The Global Doorbell Camera Market size is expected to reach $4.1 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 10.3% CAGR during the forecast period.
An Internet connection can be made between a smartphone and a doorbell camera, which is an integrated camera with a doorbell. This product contains a dual-way audio system that allows communication between the user and the visitor. Motion detection devices are also included with some doorbell cameras. A doorbell camera can also permit a live or recorded video with the help of the attached camera in the device and give video interaction between the guest and the host. The smartphone and doorbell camera connection let the host see and speak with the visitor.
Doorbell cameras just require a minimal amount of wiring and tools to install. It is anticipated that increased concerns for people's safety, security, and well-being would be a major factor in expanding the use of doorbell cameras. The public's rising understanding of the benefits of incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) into daily activities for comfort and luxury is another factor supporting the industry's expansion. Produced by tech hardware businesses, these items have been updated and modified to meet the changing needs of consumers by utilizing AI characteristics. For example, most doorbell cameras now include a two-way audio system to help customers communicate with visitors more effectively.
Globally, the crime rate has been steadily increasing in recent years. The FBI's 2017 Crime Statistics show that there were 382.9 violent crimes for every 100,000 people. Non-negligent manslaughter, murder, robbery, assault, and severe assaults are examples of violent crimes. Additionally, the recorded rate of property crime, which includes burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson, was 2,362.2 offenses per 100,000 people. The rest of the world's condition is not much different.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The construction of homes, apartments, office buildings, and social complexes was in full swing before the implementation of COVID. This resulted in the need for doorbell cameras in large volumes and various configurations. The expansion of the doorbell camera is influenced by the sales of new residences, changes in lifestyle, high disposable income, fast urbanization, and improvements in the standard of living. Construction was suspended after the pandemic, eliminating the requirement for doorbell cameras in newly built homes. Customers are more focused on getting their fundamental requirements met than on buying a high-tech doorbell camera. Customers demand a lock and an advanced gadget to protect their homes as the frequency of burglary, theft, and personal invasion is rising.
Market Growth Factors
Rising Burglary And Crime Rates Which Led To A New Product Launch
Security equipment is now a must to maintain the protection of one's home and to keep oneself protected and awake. With a rise in theft and robbery, home security tools like doorbell cameras have become more commonplace. In the United States, there are around three burglaries per minute, making them the second-most frequent crime behind larceny-theft, according to FBI crime figures from 2017. Due to the large number of crimes committed, people's attention has been drawn to enhancing the security system in their homes. An essential security component for controlling and observing access into a home is a doorbell camera.
Spending More On Smart Home Devices
An internet-connected gadget is used in an intelligent home to provide remote monitoring and administration of systems and appliances like heating, lighting, and security equipment. Through apps on their cellphones and other network devices, such as tablets and personal laptops, homeowners may operate these appliances. Modern home automation technology is used in these homes to provide safety, comfort, efficiency, and fuel efficiency. The popularity of smart homes has increased over the past few years on a scale. Due to its effectiveness and high level of security, this has increased the use of security tools in these homes, such as doorbell cameras.
The leading players in the market are competing with diverse innovative offerings to remain competitive in the market. The below illustration shows the percentage of revenue shared by some of the leading companies in the market. The leading players of the market are adopting various strategies in order to cater demand coming from the different industries. The key developmental strategies in the market are Product Launches and Product Expansions.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
The Quality And Cost Of The Doorbell Camera Are A Major Concern
Many cameras don't change their exposure settings when taking a photo, thus they might not perform as well at night or in direct sunshine. Some models need the purchase of a whole system because they are not supplied separately. Not all home security footage is of the best caliber. Only 480p, a quite low and grainy resolution, is offered by some models. Some types of cameras frequently receive complaints about difficulties during setup. Some audio alternatives, such as a walkie-talkie rather than an open phone line, restrict the discussion to one speaker at a time. Surveillance camera systems can get very expensive very quickly, particularly if they require a monthly service charge.
Based on the product, the doorbell camera market is bifurcated into wired and wireless. The wired segment acquired the highest revenue share in the doorbell camera market in 2021. A hard-wired doorbell is already integrated into the majority of homes. The wiring that is now in place encourages people to install wired doorbells. Additionally, because these products come in a variety of stylish bodies, they can be used to complete the décor. The body might be made of polished wood or old metallic scrolls.
Distribution Channel Outlook
On the basis of distribution channel, the doorbell camera market is segmented into Offline and Online. The online segment recorded a substantial revenue share in the doorbell camera market in 2021. The vast majority of producers opt to sell their goods exclusively online since it offers them a higher profit margin and eliminates overhead expenses related to logistics, damaged products, and store maintenance. Customers have also been favoring online channels because the ratings and reviews left by past purchasers serve as unbiased validity for the performance of the product, assisting them in selecting the appropriate product.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 2 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.3% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||142|
|Number of Tables||240|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Market Share Analysis, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region-wise, the doorbell camera market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. The North America region garnered the highest revenue share in the doorbell camera market in 2021. The expansion of the regional doorbell camera industry can be due to Americans being more aware of the devices. The local cops and police also advised that people utilize video cameras because these tools not only serve to prevent criminals but also provide reliable proof of criminal activity. The majority of home builders include these cameras as a standard feature and install them before turning over the property.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Doorbell Camera Market size to reach USD 4 Billion by 2028
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Amazon.com, Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Legrand S.A., Vivint Smart Home, Inc., Napco Security Technologies, Inc., Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Assa Abloy AB, Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd., Skybell Technologies, Inc., and Zmodo Technology Corporation, Ltd.
Strategies deployed in Doorbell Camera Market
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- May-2022: Napco Security Technologies launched NAPCO HD Video WiFi Cameras & Doorbell. The new WiFi Cameras & Doorbell provide elements such as two-way talk and HD resolution video, up to email@example.comMP (1920x 1080), and night vision or new Ultra StarLight night vision. Additionally, technicians can easily scan and register in seconds, by scanning the QR code and connecting to any 2.4GHZ wireless router.
- May-2022: Vivint introduced Indoor Camera Pro, Outdoor Camera Pro, Doorbell Camera Pro, and Spotlight Pro. Additionally, the company aimed to improv the intelligence of home protection system with an elevated computer vision chip (CVC). Additionally, all devices can be combined into an current Vivint setup to make house smarter and more assured.
- Jul-2021: Amazon unveiled end-to-end encryption for videos recorded by the Ring doorbell in all countries. The new feature is preferred by privacy-based text services such as WhatsApp. Additionally, Ring video footage is gathered on Amazon web servers but end-to-end encryption means the tech freak would not be capable to look it or deliver to someone.
- Jul-2021: Ring, a subsidiary of Amazon unveiled end-to-end video encryption for its video doorbells and security cameras. This launch aimed to enhance security and privacy settings more convenient.
- Feb-2021: Amazon launched Video Doorbell Pro 2, The new era doorbell with extra technology. The new Video Doorbell Pro 2 offers new features such as 3D motion spotting and Bird’s Eye vision. Moreover, Doorbell Pro 2 utilizes a radar sensor to recognize people and things to precisesly estimate distance from the camera.
- Jan-2021: Legrand launched first-ever smart video doorbell. This doorbell would allow consumers to see guests at their door from anywhere. Additionally, Legrand’s smart doorbell is adaptable with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home.
- Jan-2019: Amazon's Ring division introduced Ring Door View Cam, a battery-operated device. Through this launch, the company aimed to expand home appliances to add more people, along with home renters.
- Feb-2018: Hikvision introduced KB6013-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell, an audio/video doorbell with a high-resolution camera. The new Hikvision doorbell provides the customer information when a person is at the door, even when they’re not at home. Moreover, Wi-Fi Doorbell offers motion sensors and videotape recording, storage, and playback through an inserted microSD card and combination with Hikvision DVRs and NVRs.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Legrand S.A.
- Vivint Smart Home, Inc.
- Napco Security Technologies, Inc.
- Raytheon Technologies Corporation
- Assa Abloy AB
- Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
- Skybell Technologies, Inc.
- Zmodo Technology Corporation, Ltd.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free