Global Distributed Temperature Sensing Market By Operating Principle (Optical Frequency Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry) By Fiber Type (Multi-Mode Fiber and Single-Mode Fiber) By Application (Oil & Gas, Power & Utility, Safety & Security, Industrial and Civil Engineering) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering :
Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
The Global Distributed Temperature Sensing Market size is expected to reach $828.9 Million by 2025, rising at a market growth of 10.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Distributed temperature sensing (DTS) systems are optoelectronic devices that use optical fibers to measure temperature. The developments in the distributed temperature sensing market are propelled by the increased rules & regulations related to safety standards across the globe. Additionally, rising demand from oil & gas applications and extensive applications in the oil & gas industry and monitoring of power cables are expected to drive future market growth. However, the complex detection and troubleshooting system of DTS impedes this growth. It is expected that high investments in smart grid technology and the power industry would give market players new opportunities.
Global Distributed Temperature Sensing Market Size
The use of distributed temperature sensing for monitoring of temperature patterns in the stream bed in order to determine various zones where groundwater is discharged is also on the rise. Distributed temperature sensing also enables monitoring of downhole temperature in order to study hydrogeological processes at spatial resolution and high frequency. Implementation of these sensors in passive mode for in site investigation of in-well flow, groundwater flow, or for the estimation of subsurface thermal property is also on the rise. Such factors are substantially propelling the use of distributed temperature sensors thereby driving market growth.
Global Distributed Temperature Sensing Market Share
Based on Operating Principle, the market is segmented into Optical Frequency Domain Reflectometry and Optical Time Domain Reflectometry. Based on Fiber Type, the market is segmented into Multi-Mode Fiber and Single-Mode Fiber. The segment of multi-mode fiber is anticipated to cater for majority market share and is predicted to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. The multi-mode fiber has a large core diameter that provides light in the fiber with multiple pathways. It has a high nonlinearity threshold and can unleash more fiber power. This type of fiber is widely used for long distances as it offers better resolution of the temperature. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Oil & Gas, Power & Utility, Safety & Security, Industrial and Civil Engineering. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Distributed Temperature Sensing Market to reach a market size of $828.9 million by 2025
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Halliburton Company, AP Sensing GmbH, Schlumberger N.V., NKT A/S (NKT Photonics A/S), The Furukawa Electric Company (OFS Fitel LLC), Bandweaver Technologies, Optromix, Sensornet Limited and Silixa Ltd.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Distributed Temperature Sensing Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Nov-2019: AP Sensing collaborated with Energinet, a Danish Transmission Operator. In this collaboration, AP Sensing will offer a monitoring solution for Kriegers Flak transmission system. AP Sensing is monitoring a total of 300 km, using nine Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) units and six Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS) units. These DTS units with a range of 30-50 km and 1-4 channels are in use for thermal profiling and to detect thermal abnormalities.
» Product Launches:
- Feb-2019: Silixa unveiled Carina® XwellXpress, the world's first fiber optic real-time hydraulic fracture monitoring service. This service accurately locates the microseismic and strain events through wireline interventions for enabling the operators to improve stimulation and improve designs for maximizing recovery.
- Jan-2019: Yokogawa introduced TDLS8100 probe type tunable diode laser spectrometer for use in oil, power, petrochemical, iron & steel, and other industries. This product is used for high pressure and high temperature gas concentration measurement applications and is intended for use in measuring the flowing gases.
- May-2018: AP Sensing launched next-generation distributed temperature sensing. This product will launch wide range of capabilities such as temperature sensing, asset monitoring, and breaking space, accuracy, and time limits.
- Nov-2019: NKT Photonics opened a new office in Shenzhen for expanding its reach to China. This facility is equipped with the latest products from NKT Photonics' ultra-fast laser portfolio and wide range of high-end measurement and test equipment. This expansion strengthens its presence in China and enables the further growth.
- Nov-2019: NKT Photonics expanded its reach to United States by opening a new facility in Boston. This facility not only serves as sales and support but it also accommodates an application & service laboratory and state-of-art single-frequency fiber laser production.
- Sep-2019: Silixa opened a new office in Montana, United States in order to fulfill the increasing demand of distributed sensing-based monitoring solutions. These solutions would be used in environmental, mining, and infrastructure applications.
- Jan-2019: Furukawa Electric expanded its business to North America with the completion of its optical fiber manufacturing facility. The new facility focuses towards the increasing demand for fiber optic cable and optical fiber.
Scope of the Distributed Temperature Sensing Market Analysis
By Operating Principle
- Optical Frequency Domain Reflectometry
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometry
By Fiber Type
- Multi-Mode Fiber
- Single-Mode Fiber
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utility
- Safety & Security
- Civil Engineering
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- Halliburton Company
- AP Sensing GmbH
- Schlumberger N.V.
- NKT A/S (NKT Photonics A/S)
- The Furukawa Electric Company (OFS Fitel LLC)
- Bandweaver Technologies
- Sensornet Limited
- Silixa Ltd.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Distributed Temperature Sensing Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of Distributed Temperature Sensing market in 2025?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, the Distributed Temperature Sensing market is projected to reach USD 828.9 Million by 2025.
What is the key factor driving the Distributed Temperature Sensing market?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the Distributed Temperature Sensing industry include extensive applications of dts systems and their benefits, increase in rules and regulations pertaining safety standards, and advantages of dts systems.
Which region shows maximum potential growth in Distributed Temperature Sensing market?
Asia Pacific region market would witness a highest CAGR of 12.1% during (2019-2025).