Global Dental Suction Systems Market By Product (Wet Suction and Dry Suction), By End Use (Hospitals and Dental Offices), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Dental Suction Systems Market
Market Report Description
The Global Dental Suction Systems Market size is expected to reach $548.2 Million by 2027, rising at a market growth of 13.4% CAGR during the forecast period. Dental suction uses a rotary vane and a pump to offer suction for procedures carried out in the dental operatory. Suction units are utilized to eliminate dental waste material from the oral cavity throughout procedures. Dental suction systems are utilized for two major reasons: high volume suction for debris left during procedures and saliva ejectors. The other major kind of dental suction, high volume suction is held by the dental hygienist close to where the dentist is working and it sucks the closer debris like cleaning paste, amalgam fillings, and surplus water from dental drills.
The growth of the dental suction systems market would be boosted by the surge in dental surgical procedures around the world. Conversely, some of the factors including difficulties faced by the market due to a lesser number of voluntary visits to dentists by patients for routine check-ups and absence of awareness among the patients would pose challenges to the players operating in the global dental suction systems over the forthcoming years. However, huge demand for dental procedures, particularly cosmetic dental procedures, and the emergence of next-generation technologies in the domain of dental suction systems are expected to open new growth avenues for the global dental suction systems market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic caused a sharp decline in dental procedures, hence adversely impacting the growth of the market. The dental procedures carried on a regular basis utilize ultrasonic scalers and turbine handpieces that generate aerosols that are harmful to patients as well as staff. The transmission of the coronavirus throughout the dental procedure can happen through inhalation of aerosols and droplets and from direct contact with oral fluids and mucous membranes of infected individuals.
The growth of dental suction systems would be fueled by the surge in the number of hospital admissions for treating different types of dental diseases. Therefore, one of the major catalysts for market growth is the increasing demand for technically developed and top-quality medical vacuums. There are many medical vacuum systems rolled out recently in the market and these systems are made to create a suction system that simplifies the safe removal of unwanted fluids and gases to ensure sterility throughout the surgical intervention. These systems are witnessing high demand in the healthcare industry. Conversely, the growth & demand of these systems is likely to slow down because of the huge cost of maintenance of medical vacuum systems.
Market Growth Factors:
The rise in the number of dental labs that are putting investments in advanced technologies
The dental industry is highly adopting computer-aided design (CAD)/computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) because of its superior accuracy in dental restoration and digital orthodontics. These technologies are extremely beneficial to make milled crowns, bridges, dentures, and fabricated abutments utilized during dental restoration procedures. They can also offer customized brackets and removable braces for orthodontic treatments.
The rapid evolution of the dental equipment
In the last few years, the dental industry has witnessed rapid evolution due to the development of the latest dental materials. Also, there has been a significant increment in patient compliance, with a dramatic surge in the demand for minimally invasive procedures. Dental lasers find extensive applications in surgical procedures like teeth whitening and gum lifting to remove or reduce blood loss and decrease patient discomfort.
Market Restraining Factor:
Low availability of skilled dental experts
The dental industry is expected to boost owing to the shifting demographics, adoption of inactive lifestyles, increasing awareness about dental care, and surge in the prevalence of dental diseases. On the other hand, one of the major barriers to the growth of global dental suction systems is the low availability of dental experts. Moreover, the ratio of patient to a doctor is very high that is unable to cater to the rising dental problems around the world, hence hampering the demand & growth of dental equipment in the global market.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Wet Suction and Dry Suction. The dry product segment would display the fastest growth rate during the forecasting period. This is because of the benefits related to these systems. These systems are energy-effective, need low maintenance cost, and have characteristics like variable speed motor functionality that offers consistency in extraction power. In addition, these systems do not need a water connection for operation and can temporarily reconnect to the shop vacuum if the major motor collapses.
End Use Outlook
Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Hospitals and Dental Offices. The dental offices segment procured the maximum revenue share of the dental suction systems market in 2020. This is due to the surge in the number of dental treatment procedures in different healthcare settings. People preferred to avoid visiting the hospitals and dental offices due to the outbreak of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 212 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 548.2 Million|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 13.4% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||128|
|Number of Tables||238|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Products, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America emerged as the leading region by obtaining the maximum revenue share of the global dental suction systems in 2020. The region is home to advanced health care infrastructure and high adoption of next-generation technologies would drive the growth of the regional market. In addition, major players are putting hefty investment in R&D activities and new product launches, hence, bolstering the growth of the market in the region.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Dental Suction Systems Market size to reach USD 548.2 Million by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Dentsply Sirona, Inc., A-dec, Inc., DentalEZ, Inc. (JEP Management, Inc.), Ko-max Co., Ltd., ADS Dental System, Inc., Eschmann Technologies Ltd., Dental International B.V., Cattani S.p.A., Becker Pumps Australia and METASYS Medizintechnik GmbH.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Dental Suction Systems Market
- May-2021: Ko-Max introduced the latest suction system, "Silence Series" with an improved user interface. The product would provide features such as 360 rotation, hose type with unlimited angle height, box type with barriers against dust, and CAM type with connectivity to CAM milling machines. Moreover, the product would enable a quiet and peaceful work environment by producing less noise.
- Sep-2020: Dentsply Sirona rolled out the Purevac High Volume Evacuation System with Mirror Tip. The product is developed to offer oral high-volume evacuation, visualization, illumination, and retraction during dental procedures. It comprises the HVE Mirror Tip that is a high-volume evacuation tip with a fixed dental mirror.
- Sep-2020: DENTALEZ introduced three latest smart products viz. the Aeras 500 Elite Handpiece by Star, the Aeras Compressor by Ramvac, and the Aeras Vacuum by Ramvac under the new Aeras Intelligent Platform. This platform would enable the easier operation of devices for the dentist that translates into an improved experience as soon as a patient sits in the dental chair.
- Jul-2019: A-dec acquired Dean Dental Systems, a vendor of eco-friendly dry vacuum systems, oil-free compressors, and other products including remote controls, tandem vacuum systems, and water safety valves. Through this acquisition, A-dec would increase its capacity of selling Dean Dental Systems under its products and services to more number of customers, expand its product portfolio, and design solutions for the dental industry.
- Dec-2018: DENTALEZ completed the acquisition of Forest, a manufacturer of dental operatory equipment. Through this acquisition, DENTALEZ would expand its diverse and growing product line offering of dental products.
- Jan-2018: Becker Pumps launched the latest line of regenerative blowers, the SV series in the US. The new products would provide superior performance and advanced features at a reduced cost. Regenerative blowers are utilized in industrial, medical, water treatment, and material handling applications to transfer large volumes of air at lower pressure or vacuum levels.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Wet Suction
- Dry Suction
By End Use
- Dental Offices
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Dentsply Sirona, Inc.
- A-dec, Inc.
- DentalEZ, Inc. (JEP Management, Inc.)
- Ko-max Co., Ltd.
- ADS Dental System, Inc.
- Eschmann Technologies Ltd.
- Dental International B.V.
- Cattani S.p.A.
- Becker Pumps Australia
- METASYS Medizintechnik GmbH
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global dental suction systems market by 2027?
The dental suction systems market size is projected to reach USD 548.2 Million by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the dental suction systems market?
The rise in the number of dental labs that are putting investments in advanced technologies are driving the market in coming years, however, low availability of skilled dental experts have limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the dental suction systems market?
Dentsply Sirona, Inc., A-dec, Inc., DentalEZ, Inc. (JEP Management, Inc.), Ko-max Co., Ltd., ADS Dental System, Inc., Eschmann Technologies Ltd., Dental International B.V., Cattani S.p.A., Becker Pumps Australia and METASYS Medizintechnik GmbH.
At what CAGR is the dental suction systems market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the dental suction systems market is 13.4% from 2021 to 2027.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the dental suction systems market in 2020?
The wet suction system product segment acquired the maximum revenue share of the dental suction systems market in 2020. The wet suction units are extremely trustworthy as compared to dry systems.
Which segment shows the high growth rate of the dental suction systems market over the forecast period?
The dental office segment would showcase the fastest growth rate during the forecasting period.