Global Customized Premixes Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Form, By Nutrient, By Function, By Application, By Food & Beverages Type, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Customized Premixes Market
Market Report Description
The Global Customized Premixes Market size is expected to reach $2.2 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 6.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
Customized premixes are loaded with amino acids, minerals, vitamins, fibers, nutraceuticals, nucleotides, and other ingredients. In addition, these are the finest alternative for providing needed nutrients because they may be used as a single ingredient instead of many components. Nutrient inadequacy is linked to a variety of ailments. Customized premixes come into play at this point to ensure that busy people get enough nutrition. In addition, these premixes have proven to be the ideal answer for people with vitamin deficiencies. Moreover, these personalized premixes combine macro and micronutrients to boost a food product's nutritional value.
A customized premix is a mix of micronutrients that are given to food one at a time. Amino acids, nutraceuticals, vitamins, minerals, and nucleotides are included in these customized premixes. By combining these ingredients in a premix, the weighing procedure is simplified, and the mixing and distribution of these micronutrients throughout the food are improved. Additionally, it aids calcium and phosphorous absorption in the intestine, which is necessary for appropriate bone growth and development. Customized nutrition premixes are usually utilized in powdered form since the powdered form is regarded to be more stable than liquid form. Moreover, they have become one of the most important ingredients in the food business, owing to their cost-effectiveness and high quality in the creation and production of nutritional goods. The nutritional value of a product is enhanced by a combination of macro and micronutrients.
Because of the growing trend of personalized nutrition among consumers, the worldwide customized premixes market is expected to rise rapidly. Micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals are necessary in some proportion to sustain an individual's general health. Micronutrient deficiency can pose major health risks to humans. Increased demand for customized premixes of nutrients like amino acids, phytochemicals, and botanical extracts among food and nutraceuticals makers has stemmed from the growing interest in nutrient-fortified foods.
Customized premixes are utilized to add useful ingredients to food and improve the overall product composition. Dairy products, for example, are frequently fortified with Vitamin D to aid calcium absorption and metabolism. In addition, the demand for customized premixes to make functional food items is on the rise. This can be attributed to increased health awareness, rising disposable incomes, and changing food patterns of people.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
People have also become more health-conscious as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. With increased supplement and vitamin intake than ever before, the pandemic dictates the future of the worldwide customized premix industry. The spread of COVID-19 has resulted in a considerable increase in the use of nutritional supplements to improve immunity. During the outbreak of COVID-19 in various nations, demand for fortified food products skyrocketed. In addition, the rapid spread of the COVID-19 provoked stringent lockdown in numerous parts of the world, hampering a range of industries. Due to lockdowns, gyms and fitness centers were shuttered. Moreover, supply chain disruption, shipping and trade restrictions, and the closure of major manufacturing facilities are just a few of the factors that have impacted the larger economy.
Market driving Factors:
Growing health awareness among the global population
The availability of multiple nutrients in the form of a single product attracts a huge number of individuals towards these customized premixes. In addition, customized premixes are available in a variety of blends, flavors, textures, and colors, and are given on the basis of the number of key nutrients present. Lower costs and custom premix pricing derive from operational economies in custom premix manufacturing, such as decreased component inventory, supply chain complexity, lower quality control expenses, and shorter lead times. Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and others are among the custom premixes accessible. Herbs, nucleotides, and functional foods are among the ingredients. A customized premix blends a large number of ingredients to improve a product's nutritional content based on the user's needs.
A prominent change in dietary and lifestyle habits
In recent years, people's eating habits have been substantially altered as a result of their shifting and hectic lifestyles. It has resulted in a nutritional shortage, resulting in a lack of basic minerals and vitamins in the body. In addition, nutrient inadequacy is linked to a variety of diseases. Customized premixes come into play at this point to meet the demand for necessary nutrition among busy people. These personalized premixes are a combination of micro and macronutrients that boost a food's nutritional value. Some of the nutrients included in customized premixes include nucleotides, botanicals, minerals, nutraceuticals, vitamins, and amino acids.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
High cost of customized premixes
The customized beverage premixes are made from naturally sourced ingredients due to which, they are expensive in comparison to other drinks. In addition, the manufacturing and other aspects of these beverages are very complicated, uncertain, and expensive. Moreover, the development of these beverages requires huge investment in research and development, manufacturing equipment, supportive regulatory frameworks, and high consumer demand. Furthermore, the market's development is hampered by the prevalence of low-quality commodities and the massive time required for fixings approval. In addition, rising health risks and high research and development costs would act as barriers.
Based on Form, the market is segmented into Powder and Liquid. In 2020, the Powder segment garnered the maximum revenue share of the Customized Premixes Market. Because of its greater benefits, such as cost-effectiveness, convenient packing, stability, and flexibility, powdered premixes are often favored over liquid premixes. Supplements that are ingested in big numbers are also preferable to powder premixes. End-use sectors like food and beverage and dietary supplements prefer powdered premixes because they are easier to load and handle. In addition, powder premixes are commonly made using spray and freeze-drying techniques. When opposed to freeze-drying, the spray drying method is preferred by businesses due to its quicker cycle time, greater scalability, and lower cost.
Based on Nutrient, the market is segmented into Vitamins, Minerals, Amino Acids, Nucleotides, Nutraceuticals and Others. The Minerals segment acquired a significant revenue share of the Customized Premixes Market in 2020. This is owing to the increasing use of minerals in dairy and cereal goods such as milk, yogurt, cream cheese, and oats. In addition, minerals are beneficial to bone health, neuron transmission, muscular contraction, blood pressure regulation, and immune system health, among other things. Due to the rising incidence of mineral shortages such as iron and zinc, mineral premixes are performing well in the market. The market is growing as people become more aware of the importance of mineral consumption in boosting immunity.
Based on Function, the market is segmented into Energy, Immunity, Bone Health, Skin Health, Digestion and Others. The Immunity segment held a significant revenue share of the Customized Premixes Market in 2020. This is because micronutrients are necessary for a healthy immune system. The most widely used micronutrients for appropriate immune system function include vitamins, selenium, zinc, and iron. Vitamin C and vitamin D are important for strengthening immunity in people. As a result of the spread of COVID-19, there has been a considerable rise in the consumption of nutritious foods to help strengthen immunity
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Food & Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Nutrition Products and Others. Based on Food & Beverages Type, the market is segmented into Beverages, Dairy Products, Cereals, Bakery & Confectionary, and Others. In 2020, the Food & Beverages segment procured the maximum revenue share of the Customized Premixes Market. This is because nutritional drinks, sports drinks, carbonated water, energy drinks, fruit juices, isotonic beverages, and other non-carbonated beverages are all commonly made with customized premixes. In addition, the increasing use of customized premixes in the manufacturing of food goods such as dairy, cereals, bread, and confectionaries would drive segment growth over the forecast years.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 1.4 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 2.2 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.6% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||332|
|Number of Tables||594|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Form, Nutrient, Function, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2020, North America emerged as the leading region in the overall Customized Premixes Market by procuring the maximum revenue share. In addition, the regional market is expected to showcase a similar kind of trend even during the forecasting period. The massive growth of the regional market can be attributed to the growing cases of chronic conditions such as diabetes, cancer, and osteoporosis, which is boosting the demand for micronutrient enriched food products.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Customized Premixes Market size to reach USD 2.2 Billion by 2027
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Customized Premixes Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisitions. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Archer Daniels Midland Company and Koninklijke DSM N.V., Inc. are the forerunners in the Customized Premixes Market. Companies such as Glanbia PLC, SternVitamin GmbH & Co. KG, Prinova Group LLC are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM Animal Nutrition, Inc.). Koninklijke DSM N.V., Glanbia PLC, Corbion N.V., Piramal Enterprises Limited, Prinova Group LLC, Vitablend Nederland B.V., SternVitamin GmbH & Co. KG (Stern-Wywiol Gruppe GmbH & Co. KG), Wright Enrichment, Inc., and Farbest Brands.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Customized Premixes Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Jun-2021: Royal DSM formed a commercial partnership with Mile High Labs, a US-based cannabinoid ingredients manufacturer. Under this partnership, the two companies would develop unique hemp-derived cannabinoid solutions. Moreover, the company is taking its entry into the cannabinoid space as an end-to-end vendor of market-ready and premix solutions with the help of this strategic partnership.
» Acquisitions and Mergers:
- Dec-2021: Prinova acquired Lakeshore Technologies, a contract manufacturer providing a wide range of toll processing services such as micronizing, repackaging, blending, sifting, and metal detection and removal. Moreover, this acquisition would expand the company's capabilities, bring qualified people to the company, and offer agility for its customers within the industry.
- Sep-2021: ADM took over the commercial team and premix client list of Mixscience Polskain in Poland, a division of BNA Nutrition Animale sp. z o.o. The acquisition would accelerate Wisium’s expansion in Poland and central Europe, the global brand for the premix and services business of ADM.
- Apr-2021: ADM completed the acquisition of Golden Farm Production & Commerce Company, manufacture of prepared feeds and additives for cattle, poultry, and aquatic animals. Through this acquisition, ADM aimed to expand the premix portfolio of Wisium in Vietnam, the company's international premix brand. Moreover, the company would fulfill the requirements of premix of the customers in the country.
- Aug-2020: Glanbia Nutritionals, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Glanbia, completed the acquisition of Foodarom, a custom flavor designer and manufacturer. Foodarom is a great fit for Glanbia Nutritionals' solutions-based client strategy and focus areas, bolstering the company's flavor and nutritional solutions capabilities.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Mar-2022: SternVitamin introduced SternMind, SternFocus, PureVITalizer, SternDe-Stress, and Relax, and SternSomnia Quality, the company's micronutrient premix concepts developed to support cognitive performance and mental well-being. These premix concepts are developed to assist makers of food supplements, foods, and beverages profit from these rising market categories.
- Sep-2021: SternVitamin rolled out SternVitalityV and SternDefenceV, its new products to its portfolio of premixes. The new products aimed to fulfill the particular requirements and issues in bone health, gut health, or the immune system, among others. the new products are loaded with vitamins, minerals, botanicals, and B-vitamins. The SternVitalityV, a coffee oat mix, assists in decreasing fatigue and enhancing mental performance. while SternDefenceV is filled with immunomodulators that fuel the immune system and safeguard cells from oxidative stress.
- Apr-2021: SternVitamin unveiled SternDefence Kids and SternDefence Seniors, its latest premixes. The new premixes aimed to fulfill the distinct requirements of children as well as seniors. In addition, SternGut is designed to focus on immunity through enhanced digestive health.
- Nov-2020: SternVitamin, a subsidiary of Stern-Wywiol Gruppe, launched micronutrient premixes for the plant-based dairy alternatives segment to improve plant-based drinks centered on oats and other protein sources. The new SternHeartV, SternGutV, and SternBonesV premixes from SternVitamin help manufacturers tailor plant-based drinks to specific target groups' requirements.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Jun-2021: DSM expanded its geographical reach by establishing Buk2, an extended manufacturing facility in Buk, Poland. With the help of this lab, the company aimed to expand the production of its special care premix solutions. Moreover, this facility would assist in fulfilling the rising demand for a trustworthy and even faster supply of premixes, including for the medical, infant, and senior nutrition spaces.
- May-2021: ADM expanded its geographical reach introducing its premix and nutrition services in China. The Wisium offerings provide producers access to unique value-added nutrition programs for all livestock species and a robust international network of experts. Through this launch, the company aimed to become one of the leading players for premix in the country and would boost its development in a highly competitive and demanding business landscape.
- Nov-2020: ADM expanded its geographical reach by introducing its Wisium premix and nutrition services brand into eastern Canada. Moreover, the Wisium offerings provide producers access to unique value-added nutrition programs for all livestock species.
- Nov-2020: Royal DSM expanded its geographical footprint by setting up a new Animal Nutrition & Health premix plant in Baishazhou Industrial Park, Hengyang City. Through this facility, the new facility would fulfill the rising local demand for high-quality premix solutions and substantially expands the company's footprint in China.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Amino Acids
- Bone Health
- Skin Health
- Digestion & Others
- Food & Beverages
- Dairy Products
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Dietary Supplements
- Nutrition Products & Others
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM Animal Nutrition, Inc.)
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Glanbia PLC
- Corbion N.V.
- Piramal Enterprises Limited
- Prinova Group LLC
- Vitablend Nederland B.V.
- SternVitamin GmbH & Co. KG (Stern-Wywiol Gruppe GmbH & Co. KG)
- Wright Enrichment, Inc.
- Farbest Brands
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the size of the customized premixes market by 2027?
The customized premixes market size is projected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the customized premixes market?
Growing health awareness among the global population are driving the market in coming years, however, high cost of customized premixes limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the customized premixes market?
Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM Animal Nutrition, Inc.). Koninklijke DSM N.V., Glanbia PLC, Corbion N.V., Piramal Enterprises Limited, Prinova Group LLC, Vitablend Nederland B.V., SternVitamin GmbH & Co. KG (Stern-Wywiol Gruppe GmbH & Co. KG), Wright Enrichment, Inc., and Farbest Brands.
Has COVID-19 impacted the customized premixes market?
Yes, The spread of COVID-19 has resulted in a considerable increase in the use of nutritional supplements to improve immunity.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the customized premixes market in 2020?
The Vitamins segment acquired maximum revenue share in the Global Customized Premixes Market by Nutrient in 2020, thereby, achieving a market value of $803.7 million by 2027.
Which region dominated the customized premixes market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the Global Customized Premixes Market by Region in 2020, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2027.