Global Custom Software Development Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Solution, By End User, By Enterprise Size (Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises), By Deployment (Cloud and On-premise), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Custom Software Development Market
Market Report Description
The Global Custom Software Development Market size is expected to reach $85.9 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 20.3% CAGR during the forecast period.
Custom software development is described as a software design application that personalizes the demands of a company or individual. With the advancement in technology, many companies are implementing various security and digital transformation solutions, and as such, the need for custom software development is increasing as these allow a high degree of adaptation.
In addition, the demand for this software is also growing because of factors like the rising need for industrial applications that can facilitate real-time data analysis and the increasing demand for flexible workspace. In addition, the growing adoption of accessible software development platforms like low code development platforms (LCDP) is also inducing a rise in the adoption of custom software development.
It might not be easy to develop software using traditional methods, like manual coding. Businesses needed an entire team wholly dedicated to updating the code, which generally takes 2 to 8 months. LCDP allows teams to build custom software to create more apps faster than they could with traditional coding. In addition, LDCPs are simple to design and develop because of the visual development environment.
Custom software applications are used by industries to promote their brands and increase revenue. These have significantly improved the way businesses are expanding their operations. A growing need for more business-specific software led to a high demand for custom software development solutions. Nowadays, the necessity for custom software development is rising steadily as these help in meeting a variety of organizational objectives.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
During the pandemic, many companies had to close, or at the minor limit, their businesses and operations. Consequently, the closing off of many institutions was stabilized by the growth of the online presence. This proved to be true for small as well as many large enterprises. The emergence of online shopping and retailing also influenced many companies to develop and market their applications. As a result, exponential growth was seen in the adoption of software development. The demand rose from all industry verticals, with the most extensive product requirement coming from entertainment and retail verticals for gaming applications and e-stores, respectively.
Market Growth Factors
Increasing deployment of open-source platforms
Open-source platforms are a vital necessity for developing efficient and long-term workable custom software. Open-source software platforms utilize a source code that anyone can modify, inspect, and enhance. Since open-source software is easy to acquire than any proprietary software, it results in the increased use of the software. Enterprises are increasingly using various forms of open-source software as these are highly efficient for crucial solutions.
Rising implementation of AI-enabled chatbots
In the current times, artificial intelligence (AI) is branching out continuously and thus has become an indispensable part of the internet. Most companies now aim to provide virtual assistance on their applications to drive away some of the customer concerns. As a consequence, the use of chatbots has increased significantly. Chatbots are a leading technology in the software development domain and are created to simulate customer support interactions. These have become extremely useful and provide efficient streamlining of customer service.
Market Restraining Factors
Outsourcing of custom software development services
Most companies, when opting for custom software development, tend to offshore it. And many similar incidences have pointed towards increasing difficulties, especially if cultural differences and distance are not taken into account. So, if a company opts for an inexperienced or unreliable outsourcing provider, problems like miscommunication, desynchronization, along with dishonest vendors may arise. This would hinder the work and progress of the work.
Based on solution, the custom software development market is categorized into web-based solutions, mobile app, and enterprise software. The web-based solution segment procured a considerable growth rate in the custom software development market in 2021. These solutions are expected to grow owing to the gather real-time data, elimination of the cost of hardware, and ease of remote accessibility. Additionally, the provision of easy data sharing through these solutions, along with the seamless collaboration ability with any centralized software server, have established them as ideal extension solutions for any enterprise.
On the basis of end-use, the custom software development market is fragmented into BFSI, government & defense, healthcare, IT & telecom, manufacturing, retail, and others. The IT and telecom segment witnessed a remarkable growth rate in the custom software development market in 2021. When compared to traditional software, IT services and solutions that are customized to meet the customers’ requirements offer better flexibility. Custom software provides companies benefits of efficient operations, streamlines reports and updates, and lower licensing costs and lesser maintenance.
Enterprise Size Outlook
Based on enterprise size, the custom software development market is classified into large enterprises and small & medium enterprises (SMEs). The small and medium enterprises segment procured a remarkable growth rate in the custom software development market in 2021. The cost-effectiveness and scalability that the custom software provides to SMEs is the main factor responsible for their increased usage. Custom software helps SMEs in increasing their efficiencies and productivity, thereby enabling the organization to ease the workflow.
On the basis of deployment, the custom software development market is divided into cloud and on-premise. The cloud deployment segment garnered the largest revenue share in the custom software development market in 2021. The beneficial offerings of flexibility, ease of access, and cost-effectiveness that can be utilized by any enterprise, irrespective of its size, are the main factor that is propelling the growth of this segment. Cloud-based services concur no extra costs of infrastructure other than a monthly or annual fees. Therefore, these are highly preferred by small and medium enterprises.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 24 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 85.9 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 20.3% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||265|
|Number of Tables||463|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Solution, Enterprise Size, Deployment, End-use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on region, the custom software development market is analysed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The North America segment witnessed the largest revenue share in the custom software development market in 2021. The widespread utilization of expertise, the rise of SMEs, and the rise in IT services are propelling the growth of the segment. Moreover, the region is becoming highly preferable to provide custom software development services as the region has advanced technology and digital transformation growth rates.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Custom Software Development Market size to reach USD 85.9 Billion by 2028
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Custom Software Development Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Capgemini SE, and Infosys Limited are the forerunners in the Custom Software Development Market. Companies such as Infopulse Ukraine LLC, and Brainvire Infotech, Inc. are some of the key innovators in Custom Software Development Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Infosys Limited, Capgemini SE, Infopulse Ukraine LLC (Tietoevry Corporation), Magora Systems, Iflexion, MentorMate, Inc. (Taylor Corporation), Trigent Software Inc., TRooTech Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd and Brainvire Infotech, Inc.
Strategies deployed in Custom Software Development Market
- Nov-2022: Tata Consultancy Services extended its partnership with Randstad, a world-leading HR services company, to modernize the latter's application estate on the cloud, upgrade its growth and transformation journey, and strengthen its security posture. This partnership would strengthen the TCS capabilities in the security portfolio. TCS would enhance Randstad's security posture with onboarding and rolling out global security services.
- Oct-2022: Capgemini comes into collaboration with Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America, a company that develops, produces, and sells automotive products and technologies. This would also allow the latter company to use Capgemini’s skills in automotive connectivity and data migration, to complete the project. This collaboration expresses the ability of Capgemini's understand the client’s goals and make them a reality.
- Feb-2022: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) unveiled Sydney Digital Garage, providing access to the company's global ecosystem of start-ups, academia, and technology providers. The collaboration and innovation center would bring global capabilities to the Australian market, that help customers in New Zealand and Australia to support co-innovation and accelerate digital transformation.
- Jun-2021: Infopulse Ukraine LLC expanded its business with the launch of an entity, Infopulse Brazil. This is the first launch in Brazil and focuses on extending the offering to a wider spectrum of industries. The team holds the experience and knowledge to evolve and launch modernized legacy technology, cloud migrations, and new solutions, and enhance the speed of innovation while ensuring high security and compliance standards.
- Jun-2021: Capgemini announced the launch of a new Sustainable IT offering that is built to reduce the IT carbon footprint of the clients. The group helps clients on the sustainability journey with its technical expertise, strong partner ecosystem, and customized approach. Sustainable IT would strengthen Capgemini’s global sustainability offering framework and provides diagnostic and qualitative tools that allow baseline business approaches to sustainable practice.
- May-2021: Brainvire Infotech announced a partnership with Salesforce Inc, an American cloud-based software company, to deliver a market-leading customer experience. Brainvire would expand the digital space team of Salesforce to enlarge its offering. This partnership with the world's leading Customer Relationship Management platform would be beneficial for the Brainvire team's skill and accuracy.
- Feb-2021: Tata Consultancy Services in collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) launched the new TCS AWS Business Unit (BU), a group within TCS that would bring jointly the scale, industry knowledge, and technology expertise of the two companies to support enterprise customers to drive superior and strengthen innovation. The new unit would assist Enterprises to build resilience, enhance customer experience, and embrace new business models.
- Nov-2020: Zoho announced a partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), to supply superior Customer Relationship Management, e-Commerce solutions, and IT Service Management to solve problems for large businesses. As a part of the partnership, Zoho's product portfolio would be brought together with TCS domain expertise in technology-led consulting and business integration services, which would strengthen growth for global organizations with stronger technology alignment with business goals, and greater operational and more transparency across solutions efficiency.
- Oct-2020: Capgemini came into agreement with CBS (Corporate Business Solutions), provider of business consulting and services, to deliver Selective Data Transition. The solution aims to support enterprises that moved to SAP S/4HANA®, more efficiently and quickly with reduced business disruption. Under this agreement, CBS’s expertise would be combined with Renewable Enterprise's vision to provide a more business-oriented and agile way of becoming intelligent enterprises to the organizations.
- Feb-2020: Infosys partnered with GE Appliance, an American home appliance manufacturer, to successfully streamline IT operations. Under the partnership, Infosys would enable GE Appliances to advance workplace and digital transformation with automation-driven managed IT services. This would strengthen Infosys's digital efforts, work, workplace, and workforce transformation throughout industries.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Enterprise Software
- Web-based Solutions
- Mobile App
By End User
- Government & Defense
- Telecom & IT
By Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Infosys Limited
- Capgemini SE
- Infopulse Ukraine LLC (Tietoevry Corporation)
- Magora Systems
- MentorMate, Inc. (Taylor Corporation)
- Trigent Software Inc.
- TRooTech Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Brainvire Infotech, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the size of the Custom Software Development Market by 2028?
The global Custom Software Development Market size is expected to reach $85.9 billion by 2028.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Custom Software Development Market?
Increasing deployment of open-source platforms are driving the market in coming years, however, Outsourcing of custom software development services restraints the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Infosys Limited, Capgemini SE, Infopulse Ukraine LLC (Tietoevry Corporation), Magora Systems, Iflexion, MentorMate, Inc. (Taylor Corporation), Trigent Software Inc., TRooTech Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd and Brainvire Infotech, Inc.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the Custom Software Development Market in 2021?
The Large Enterprises market acquired maximum revenue share in the Global Custom Software Development Market by Enterprise Size 2021; thereby, achieving a market value of $46.1 billion by 2028.
Which segment is leading the market in 2021?
The Enterprise Software market is leading the Global Custom Software Development Market by Solution 2021; thereby, achieving a market value of $48.3 billion by 2028.
Which region dominated the Custom Software Development Market in 2021?
The North America market dominated the Global Custom Software Development Market by Region 2021; thereby, achieving a market value of $30.1 billion by 2028.