Global Corneal Topographers Market By Product Type (Placido Disc System, Scheimpflug System and Scanning Slit System) By Application (Refractive Surgery Evaluation, Corneal Disorder Diagnosis, Cataract Surgery Evaluation, Contact Lens Fitting and Other applications) By End-use (Ophthalmic Clinics, Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgical Centers) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Corneal Topographers Market
The Global Corneal Topographers Market size is expected to reach $843.2 Million by 2026, rising at a market growth of 6.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Cornea can be described as a translucent dome-shaped eye cover, which covers the eye's pupil, iris, and anterior chamber. It plays a significant role in eye safety as well as vision quality. The cornea works in coordination with the pupil and lens' anterior chamber; and it is responsible for more than 70 percent of the body's optical power. Corneal topography can be described as a computer-assisted video keratography (CAVK) tool that helps to analyze the corneal surface and produce a graphical representation of the cornea.
Global Corneal Topographers Market Size
The CAVK device creates a three-dimensional graphic image of the cornea of the patient, allowing for the assessment of corneal health. Corneal topography helps to detect abnormal corneal conditions, which are invisible in standard testing. Usage of corneal topography devices offers a comprehensive examination that assists in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of various eye disorders. These devices are often used to fit the contact lenses and to prepare laser-eye surgeries.
Major factors driving the demand for corneal topographers include the growing prevalence and incidence of age-associated ophthalmic conditions along with the rising number of government programs to raise awareness for early diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of these conditions. Increasing market players' emphasis on R&D and strong participation in strategic partnerships to establish novel ophthalmic diagnostic modalities are also factors considered to be affirmative growth indicators. Nevertheless, post-operative complications caused by ophthalmic procedures are likely to curtail the development of the corneal topographers industry.
Corneal Topographers Market Share
Based on Product Type, the market is segmented into Placido Disc System, Scheimpflug System and Scanning Slit System. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Refractive Surgery Evaluation, Corneal Disorder Diagnosis, Cataract Surgery Evaluation, Contact Lens Fitting and Other applications. Based on End-use, the market is segmented into Ophthalmic Clinics, Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgical Centers. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Corneal Topographers Market to reach a market size of $843.2 million by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Topcon Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Nikon Corporation (Optos PLC), Nidek Co., Ltd., Eyenuk, Inc., Oculus Optikgerate GmbH, Aeon Imaging, LLC, OcuSciences, Inc., Tracey Technologies Corporation, Cassini Technologies B.V.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Corneal Topographers Market
- Mar-2019: Zeiss got FDA approval for its CIRRUS HD-OCT platform. This platform aimed to expand its anterior segment premier module for including Epithelial Thickness Mapping (ETM).
- Aug-2018: Oculus announced that its OCULUS Pentacam AXL has been linked to IOLcompass Pro Guidance system from Leica Microsystems and TrueVision’s TruePlan. This integration aimed to accelerate efficiency in cataract precision surgery.
- Aug-2017: Cassini launched Version 2.5 software for marking the upgrades in its Cassini Corneal Shape Analyzer. The new version aimed to further increase the performance of posterior corneal measurement and enhanced workflow efficiency.
- May-2017: Oculus released the new Belin ABCD Progression Display. The display grades the anterior corneal surface, corneal thickness, posterior corneal surface, and visual acuity.
- Apr-2017: Nidek launched the NAVEX Quest M2 NIDEK Advanced Vision Excimer Laser System. The system includes a 1 kHz Eye Tracking System (ETS) in order to compensate for eye movements and ensures the accurate delivery of laser pulses during treatment.
- Mar-2017: Zeiss signed an agreement with Fedorov Eye Microsurgery Complex and OPTEC. This agreement was initiated to establish a joint reference center for fundus pathology diagnostics, for use of Zeiss intraocular multifocal and toric lenses, and for the application of the Zeiss Rescan 700 solution in anterior and posterior eye segment surgery.
- Mar-2017: Topcon Medical announced that FDA has approved its Aladdin Biometer with Corneal Topographer HW3.0. This new version incorporates central pachymetry, lens thickness, and a generic toric IOL calculator.
Scope of the Corneal Topographers Market Analysis
By Product Type
- Placido Disc System
- Scheimpflug System and
- Scanning Slit System
- Refractive Surgery Evaluation
- Corneal Disorder Diagnosis
- Cataract Surgery Evaluation
- Contact Lens Fitting and
- Other applications
By End Use
- Ophthalmic Clinics
- Hospitals and
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Topcon Corporation
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Nikon Corporation (Optos PLC)
- Nidek Co., Ltd.
- Eyenuk, Inc.
- Oculus Optikgerate GmbH
- Aeon Imaging, LLC
- OcuSciences, Inc.
- Tracey Technologies Corporation
- Cassini Technologies B.V.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Corneal Topographers Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global corneal topographers market in 2026?
The corneal topographers market is projected to reach USD 843.2 million by 2026.
What factors are anticipated to drive corneal topographers market trends?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the corneal topographers industry include rising prevalence of eye disorders and vision impairment, the growing demand for refractive surgery evaluation, and Upsurge in medical tourism in developing economies.
Who are the top market players in the corneal topographers industry?
Topcon Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Nikon Corporation (Optos PLC), Nidek Co., Ltd., Eyenuk, Inc., Oculus Optikgerate GmbH, Aeon Imaging, LLC, OcuSciences, Inc., Tracey Technologies Corporation, Cassini Technologies B.V.