Global Corn Starch Market By Form (Liquid and Powder), By Type (Sweetener, Modified and Native), By Application (Food Ingredients, Pharmaceuticals and Other Applications), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Corn Starch Market
The Global Corn Starch Market size is expected to reach $18.9 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 7.2% CAGR during the forecast period. Corn starch is a derivative form of the wheat or corn grain. Corn starch is obtained from the kernel’s endosperm. Corn starch finds its application in many culinary, household, and industrial purposes. It is frequently used in the kitchen where it is used as a thickening agent for gravies, sauces, glazes, soups, pies, casseroles, and other desserts. It is also useful in preparing corn syrup and bioplastics. It also finds its application in the treatment of glycogen storage disease.
Corn Starch Market Size, By Form, 2020-2026
Mechanical properties and water solubility of the product will boost the market trends. Apart from mechanical properties, an increase in the usage of the product in paper & board, food & beverages, processed food, and detergents will boom the growth of the market over the projected timespan. Also, corn starch is also used in treating the ailment.
Corn Starch Market Share, By Type, 2019
Moreover, food producers lessen the cost of manufacturing through the addition of a variable quantity of corn starch in food products and this will further drive the market in the coming years. Increasing the use of ethanol as a biofuel feedstock will further accelerate the industry growth over the coming years. Moreover, widespread product diffusion in the paper & textile sectors and its usage as a stabilizer will boost market trends. Though unfavourable climate conditions can hinder the production of corn starch as well as it will also obstruct the supply chain of the product which in turn affecting its costs, and this can hamper the market growth.
The global corn starch market is mainly driven by a higher rate of corn production across the globe. The industry is being supported by its rising application in the food industry. It is commonly used as a thickener in food items. It is also used as a coating in deep-fried food to provide them a crispy texture, and in baked items in order to give moisture and fullness. Corn starch is gluten-free, so it remains unaffected by the shifting of consumers towards gluten-free products. The bakery industry is also steadily growing and it is assisting the growth in the food sector.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 12.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 18.9 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.2% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||181|
|Number of Tables||338|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Form, Type, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Form, the market is segmented into Liquid and Powder. Based on Type, the market is segmented into Sweetener, Modified and Native. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Food Ingredients, Pharmaceuticals and Other Applications. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Corn Starch Market to reach a market size of $18.9 Billion by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Cargill Corporation, Akzo Nobel N.V., Bayer AG, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Henkel AG & Company, KGaA, Associated British Foods PLC (Wittington Investments Limited), Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, Tate & Lyle PLC, and Croda International PLC.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Corn Starch Market
- Sep-2019: Cargill partnered with two firms in South India, one in Karnataka and other in Andhra Pradesh. The partnership was aimed at manufacturing corn starch and related products such as sweeteners for doubling its production capacity
- Aug-2019: Associated British Foods took over Unilever's Mazola, the manufacturer of corn oil and corn products in Saudi Arabia and associated brands. The acquisition strengthened its business and provided benefits to its shareholders.
- Jul-2019: Cargill made an investment of US$200 million for diversifying its portfolio of starches & sweeteners in Krefeld. This diversification allowed Cargill to address the market changes in the area of nutrition and packaging and to better serve its customers’ needs.
- Jun-2019: Cargill launched two new waxy corn-based starches; SimPure 99400 and 99405. SimPure 99400 and 99405 delivers stability through pasteurisation in custards and similar dairy desserts. SimPure requires minimum reformulation.
- Mar-2017: Archer Daniels Midland acquired Chamtor, a French producer of wheat-based sweeteners and starches. The acquisition expanded the company's footprint in Western Europe.
Scope of the Corn Starch Market Analysis
- Food Ingredients
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Cargill Corporation
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Bayer AG
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Henkel AG & Company, KGaA
- Associated British Foods PLC (Wittington Investments Limited)
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- BASF SE
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- Croda International PLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Corn Starch Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global corn starch market by 2026?
The corn starch market size is projected to reach USD 18.9 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive corn starch industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the corn starch industry include rising demand for processed food.
Who are the top market players in the corn starch industry?
Cargill Corporation, Akzo Nobel N.V., Bayer AG, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Henkel AG & Company, KGaA, Associated British Foods PLC (Wittington Investments Limited), Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, Tate & Lyle PLC, and Croda International PLC.
Which segment dominated the corn starch market in 2019?
The Sweetener market dominated the global corn starch market by type 2019, growing at a CAGR of 6.3 % during the forecast period.
At what CAGR is the corn starch market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of corn starch is 7.2% from 2020 to 2026.