Global Computer Vision Market By Product Type (PC-Based and Smart Camera-Based), By Component (Hardware and Software), By Application (Quality Assurance & Inspection, Measurement, Identification, Predictive Maintenance, Positioning & Guidance and 3D Visualization & Interactive 3D Modeling), By Vertical (Industrial and Non-Industrial), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Computer Vision Market
The Global Computer Vision Market size is expected to reach $17.9 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 10.1% CAGR during the forecast period. Computer vision which is driven by artificial intelligence is a novel technology that teaches computers to analyze the images. These images are interpreted through pattern or object recognition. The advancement in technology and the introduction of deep learning techniques in computer vision systems have made it capable of replicating human vision. For example, AI-aided surveillance in the healthcare industry is useful in cranial imaging that monitors acute neurologic events and thereby detect neurological illnesses. Diagnosis of disease in healthcare, quality inspection in manufacturing, biometric analysis in security, and guiding autonomous vehicles in transportation, are the important applications of computer vision in different industries.
Computer Vision Market Size, By Vertical, 2020-2026
This technology has developed as an imitation of a human visual system that supports the visual cognition requiring automation tasks. Though, the image deciphering process is more complex than analyzing data in a binary form. Because of the vast amount of multi-dimensional data are associated with an image for analysis. Artificial neural networks, machine learning, and deep learning are being used that will result in increasing the capabilities of computer vision in replicating human vision, it will also make it possible to address such intricacy in developing AI systems for recognizing visual data. Moreover, with arrivals in deep learning techniques, this technology has got more adaptive at the recognition of pattern than that of the human visual cognitive system.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak as a pandemic that is responsible for disrupting the humankind as well as businesses. Though, this pandemic has also opened many opportunities for computer vision systems to fight the current epidemic as numerous big and small tech start-ups are working for containment, mitigation, and prevention of the virus. Alibaba's research institute Damo Academy, for example, has developed an algorithm that helps in the diagnosis and detection of new coronavirus cases with the assistance of a chest Computed Tomography (CT) scan. The AI model that is used in the system is trained with some sample data of about 5,000 positive coronavirus cases.
Computer Vision Market Share, By Product Type, 2019
Based on Product Type, the market is segmented into PC-Based and Smart Camera-Based. Based on Component, the market is segmented into Hardware and Software. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Quality Assurance & Inspection, Measurement, Identification, Predictive Maintenance, Positioning & Guidance and 3D Visualization & Interactive 3D Modeling. Based on Vertical, the market is segmented into Industrial and Non-Industrial. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 10.5 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 17.9 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.1% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||278|
|Number of Tables||443|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Analysis, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product Type, Component, Application, Vertical, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Computer Vision Market to reach a market size of $17.9 billion by 2026
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisitions and Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Intel Corporation and Sony Corporation are the forerunners in the Computer Vision Market. Companies such as Cognex Corporation, TKH Group NV, Omron Corporation, Keyence Corporation, Basler AG, Matterport, Inc., and Texas Instruments, Inc., and National Instruments Corporation are some of the key innovators in the market.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Computer Vision Market Competition Analysis
The market research report covers the analysis of key stakeholders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Intel Corporation, Sony Corporation, Texas Instruments, Inc., National Instruments Corporation, Omron Corporation, Basler AG, Cognex Corporation, Keyence Corporation, TKH Group NV, and Matterport, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Computer Vision Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Sep-2020: Basler teamed up with Axiomtek, a world-renowned leader in the research, development, and manufacturing of a series of innovative and reliable industrial computer products. The collaboration was focused on delivering integrated, all-in-one machine vision solutions for factory and machine automation. The integration of Axiomtek’s AI-enable vision computing systems with Basler’s industrial camera products can offer a high degree of flexibility, customizability, and time efficiency to accommodate users at all levels while fulfilling a wide range of machine vision applications.
- Jun-2020: Basler came into partnership with NVIDIA Corporation, a leader in edge computing. Following the partnership, Basler launched the Embedded Vision Development Kit and two Add-on Camera Kits powered by the NVIDIA Jetson platform. The Embedded Vision Development Kit, which includes the Jetson Nano Developer Kit, comes with a Basler dart BCON for MIPI camera with 13 MP, S-mount lens, an adapter board specifically developed for the Jetson Nano module and accessories. The two Add-on Camera Kits deliver the appropriate vision extension for developers already working with a Jetson Nano processor board. The Add-on Camera Kits contain either a 5 MP or a 13 MP Basler dart BCON for MIPI camera with an S-mount lens, an adapter board, and accessories.
- May-2020: Sony Semiconductor Solutions announced its partnership with Microsoft Corporation. Under this partnership, both the companies were aimed to develop solutions that make AI-powered smart cameras and video analytics easier to access and deploy for their mutual customers. The companies will embed Microsoft Azure AI capabilities on Sony's intelligent vision sensor IMX500, which extracts useful information out of images in smart cameras and other devices. Sony would also create a smart camera managed app powered by Azure IoT and Cognitive Services that complement the IMX500 sensor and expands the range and capability of video analytics opportunities for enterprise customers.
- Jul-2019: Allied Vision came into partnership with Antmicro, a software-driven embedded technology company developing advanced open-source-based edge computing systems. The partnership was focused on the development of complex and portable vision systems.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Oct-2019: Cognex acquired SUALAB, a leading Korean-based developer of vision software using deep learning for industrial applications. The acquisition accelerated Cognex’s existing deep learning capabilities based on technology acquired from ViDi Systems.
- Sep-2019: TKH Group completed the acquisition of SVS-Vistek GmbH, the Machine vision camera manufacturer. The acquisition broadened TKH’s portfolio of vision technology companies that includes Allied Vision, Chromasens, LMI Technologies, Mikrotron, NET, and Tattile.
- Sep-2019: TKH Group announced the acquisition of Lakesight Technologies, a global vision technology company providing innovative high-end technologies for imaging systems. The acquisition helped the company in becoming the leader in the machine vision industry.
- Jul-2019: Matterport signed a definitive agreement to acquire Arraiy, the pioneer behind breakthrough machine learning and computer vision technology. The acquisition would integrate Arraiy's core engineering team into Matterport in support of the company's mission to build the industry's leading computer vision data platform.
- Jul-2018: Basler AG acquired all of the shares of Silicon Software GmbH, a globally recognized technology leader in the programming of FPGA processors. The acquisition broadened Basler's product portfolio for computer vision applications. By combining Basler's cameras with intelligent image acquisition cards from Silicon Software, customers can receive solutions from a single source, which allows pre-processing and on-board analysis of image data, and enables cost-cutting potential.
- Dec-2017: Omron Corporation completed the acquisition of industrial traceability and inspection provider, Microscan. The acquisition advanced Omron's interconnected, industrial Internet of Things (IoT) barcode scanning, and machine vision solutions.
- Mar-2017: Intel Corporation acquired Mobileye, a computer vision, and machine-learning specialist. The acquisition includes data analytics as well as mapping and localization technologies. This acquisition strengthened its position in the emerging vehicle systems and data services markets.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Aug-2020: Cognex announced the launch of the new 3D-A1000 Item Detection System. This motion-capable smart camera can identify the presence or absence of objects with high accuracy on different types of sorters traveling at production line speeds. The system’s new features have been designed to help retail and logistics companies reduce delivery errors, improve throughput, and increase fulfillment efficiency.
- Aug-2020: Omron Automation Americas unveiled the FJ2 cameras, the complete machine vision solutions package that can be easily installed on PC-based systems. The new FJ2 cameras feature state-of-the-art complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) sensors, frame rates as fast as 282 frames per second (FPS), and resolutions ranging from 0.4MP up to 5MP in both monochrome and color versions. The PC-based FJ2 cameras enabled manufacturers to incorporate machine vision into their existing systems while continuing to use their PC or industrial PC.
- May-2020: Sony introduced the two new SWIR image sensors for industrial imaging. The two models are IMX990, a 1/2-type sensor (8.2mm diagonal image size) with 1.34-megapixel resolution; and IMX991, a 1/4-type (4.1mm diagonal) with 0.34-megapixel resolution. The new products employ Sony's SenSWIR technology, in which photodiodes are formed on an InGaAs layer and are connected through copper-to-copper bonding with the silicon readout circuit layer.
- Feb-2020: Texas Instruments has added a dedicated AI accelerator to one of its automotive SoCs for perfectly illustrating the growing adoption of deep learning techniques in automotive ADAS systems. The TDA4VM, one of the two first SoCs launched as part of the Jacinto 7 series, combines sensor pre-processing and data analytics designed to handle inputs from 8-megapixel front-mounted camera systems. Alternatively, the TDA4VM could handle four to six 3-megapixel cameras operating simultaneously alongside inputs from radar, lidar, and ultrasonic sensors. These cameras and sensors enable advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) such as automated parking.
- Nov-2019: Allied Vision extended its robust high-resolution camera family Prosilica GT by launching three High-Resolution Prosilica GT Cameras. These three models have been incorporated with the latest 2nd Generation Sony IMX sensors. Prosilica GT cameras are developed to cope with harsh environments, extreme temperature variations (up to −20 C to +50 degrees Celsius (housing)), and constantly changing light conditions.
- Sep-2019: Keyence Corporation of America released the IV2 Vision Sensor Series, which utilizes artificial intelligence. The IV2 was designed to solve various problems including ambient light, individual differences of products, and changes in the positions of parts.
- Jul-2019: Keyence Corporation of America launched the world’s first 4K ultra-high accuracy microscope, the VHX-7000. This has been marked as the 5th generation of the digital microscope product line. This versatile system incorporates the capabilities of multiple microscopes: stereoscope, metallurgical, measuring, and entry-level SEM. The system displays images in 4K Ultra HD, providing the most accurate images. It also has in-demand features such as high NA lenses (up to 0.9) and automated inspection.
- Juk-2019: Basler is launching the second generation of its 3D camera portfolio, the Basler blaze. The Basler Blaze has a GigE interface, VGA resolution, and the latest Sony DepthSense sensor technology, which made the Basler blaze the ideal camera for measuring the location, position, and volume of objects and for detecting obstacles.
Scope of the Computer Vision Market Analysis
By Product Type
- Smart Camera-Based
- Quality Assurance & Inspection
- Predictive Maintenance
- Positioning & Guidance
- 3D Visualization & Interactive 3D Modeling
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Intel Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- National Instruments Corporation
- Omron Corporation
- Basler AG
- Cognex Corporation
- Keyence Corporation
- TKH Group NV
- Matterport, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free