Global Coffee Machine Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Application (Commercial and Residential), By Product (Drip Filter, Pod/Capsule, Espresso and Bean-to-Cup), By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Coffee Machine Market
Market Report Description
The Global Coffee Machine Market size is expected to reach $8.7 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 5.3% CAGR during the forecast period.
Coffee machines are electrical appliances that are used to brew coffee. These are also referred to as coffee makers. These machines can perform many brewing processes and help in saving time. These machines are built so that they do not ruin the oil and taste of coffee and should maintain the flavor and aroma of every prepared cup of coffee.
Coffee machines have become an integral part of daily lives and, therefore, can be found in residential and commercial spaces alike. Modern coffee machines are efficient and are comparatively easier to clean. Coffee has been proven to reduce the risk of many diseases like type 2 diabetes, liver diseases, and cancer, and it has the ability to protect against congenital heart failures.
Such benefits have resulted in an increase in coffee consumption significantly. This increase in consumption has helped the coffee industry and coffee machine manufacturers to expedite innovation and launch new products to leverage the growing consumer base.
Additionally, the increasing number of restaurants and cafes in developing and developed nations have raised the demand for the coffee machine. Furthermore, a significant rise in the percentage of millennials who like to socialize in cafes is also positively influencing the demand for coffee machines.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The decreased consumption of coffee resulted from the lowered income of individuals. Furthermore, as several input parts of coffee machines are produced in China, the lockdown in the nation had a rippling effect, causing the stagnation of the coffee industry in many European and North American countries. Additionally, the closure of public places like offices, restaurants, hotels, and other commercial areas and workplaces further reduced the consumption of coffee and other coffee-based drinks. Therefore, the COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the coffee machine market.
Market Growth Factors
Proven Benefits Of Coffee In Maintaining Heart Health
Heart diseases like heart attacks, stroke, and coronary artery disease (CAD) have the potential to damage or weaken the heart. Because of this, heart disease is considered one of the significant causes of mortality in the world. Magnesium, trigonelline, lignans, quinides, phenolic compounds, and caffeine, all of which can be found in coffee, have been proven to improve heart health. Therefore, these elements are boosting the growth of the market.
Increasing Demand For Coffee Machines All Across The World
The demand for fresh brews is increasing throughout the globe, which has significantly increased the demand for coffee machines. Freshly brewed coffee has taste, antioxidants, and minerals that are beneficial in preventing serious diseases. In addition, people find freshly brewed coffees more aromatic and tasteful, which helps in elevating mood, reducing stress, and lower anxiety. As coffee consumption has increased, manufacturers are also trying to complement this growth by launching innovative coffee bean products. Hence, the easy accessibility of freshly brewed coffee is a significant factor propelling the growth of the coffee machine market.
Market Restraining Factor
Disadvantages Of Coffee Reducing Its Consumption
Excessive coffee consumption can lead to increased irritation and anxiety. People who have grown accustomed to a certain amount of coffee increase their consumption more to get the effect of freshness. This is hazardous as it can raise blood pressure and disrupt the sleep cycle. Switching to low caffeine content or decaffeinated coffee may not give the same exhilarating effect, and as a result, people may continue to increase the consumption of regular coffee. Rising awareness about the ill effects of coffee has impacted its consumption adversely and, therefore, restricts the expansion of the coffee machine market.
Based on product, the coffee machine market is categorized into drip filter, pod/capsule, espresso, and bean-to-cup. The drip filter segment acquired the highest revenue share in the coffee machine market in 2021. The demand for drip filter machines is high as they mostly have reusable components like cones and filters. Additionally, the development of innovative smart drip machine dispensing systems has further increased the preference for these machines.
On the basis of application, the coffee machine market is divided into commercial and residential. The residential segment recorded a significant revenue share in the coffee machine market in 2021. The availability of numerous coffee varieties and specialty coffees has raised the consumption of coffee in households significantly. In addition, different coffee varieties gave varying temperaments needed for their preparation. This necessitates the use of various types of utensils if the coffee is being prepared on a gas top. Coffee machines can manage all these needs through simple settings.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 6.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 8.7 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.3% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||160|
|Number of Tables||260|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on region, the coffee machine market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The Europe segment witnessed the maximum revenue share in the coffee machine market in 2021. The region is known for its high consumption of coffee. Furthermore, the extensive culture of cafes and restaurants in the region increases the consumption of coffee further. In addition, the growing number of offices and commercial complexes has increased the sales of coffee machines. As a result, the demand for bean-to-cup and espresso machines is growing as the consumption of green and espresso coffees has risen.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Coffee Machine Market size to reach USD 8.7 Billion by 2028
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include AB Electrolux (Electrolux), Koninklijke Philips N.V., Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. (Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Company), Robert Bosch GmbH (BSH Home Appliances Corporation), Breville Group Limited, Newell Brands, Inc. (Mr. Coffee), Whirlpool Corporation, Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc. (Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.), Schaerer AG (WMF) (Groupe SEB ), and Glen Dimplex Europe Holdings Limited (Morphy Richards)
Strategies deployed in Coffee Machine Market
- Oct-2022: Electrolux opened its first physical retail outlet in India at Basavanagudi, Bangalore. The new outlet is built on 3500 sq. ft. commercial space and offers a wide variety of products including air purifiers, coffee machines, cooker hoods, and ovens, among others. This new retail store is a key milestone in Electrolux's plan to get closer to customers in India.
- Jun-2022: Schaerer revealed the Schaerer Coffee Skye machine. The new Coffee Skye is a compact coffee machine, aimed to serve medium coffee demand areas like small and middle restaurants', snack bars, offices, petrol stations, etc.
- Apr-2022: Newell Brands expanded its global footprint by opening Newell Creative Kitchen in New Jersey, United States. Newell Creative Kitchen is the company's first physical kitchen space store. The new store provides a platform to exhibit Newell Brand's latest innovations.
- Mar-2022: Breville took over Lelit, an Italy-based company, primarily providing coffee machines, grinders, ironing systems, ironing boards, etc. This acquisition expands Breville's coffee market product offerings and combines two coffee cultures of the globe, Italy, and Australia.
- Jul-2020: Schaerer partnered with Jetinno, a China-based company, primarily into manufacturing and marketing coffee machines, vending machines, etc. The partnership aims to expand Schaerer's presence in Asia.
- Jul-2020: Electrolux introduced Classic Series Espresso machine, available in single-group, two-group, and three-group versions, and has a zero recovery time. The new Espresso machine aims to let businesses add profit-making espresso to their food offerings.
- Oct-2019: Philips introduced a new espresso coffee machine series, Philips Espresso. Phillips Espresso prepares five beverages, espresso, cappuccino, coffee, latte macchiato, and americano. The coffee machine line caters to the consumer demand for coffee made from ground coffee beans. Phillips Espresso is equipped with the MyCoffee Choice feature, which allows the user to adjust the aroma strength and quantity of both coffee and milk.
- Apr-2019: Electrolux took over Unic, a France-based company, primarily into manufacturing espresso machines, coffee bean grinders, coffee makers, etc. This acquisition complements Electrolux's beverage service portfolio offerings, and further advances its position as a key market player in providing comprehensive solutions for the hospitality industry. Moreover, Unic's expertise enables Electrolux to further advance its technology platform for the rapidly expanding coffee market.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Drip Filter
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- AB Electrolux (Electrolux)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. (Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Company)
- Robert Bosch GmbH (BSH Home Appliances Corporation)
- Breville Group Limited
- Newell Brands, Inc. (Mr. Coffee)
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc. (Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.)
- Schaerer AG (WMF) (Groupe SEB )
- Glen Dimplex Europe Holdings Limited (Morphy Richards)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the size of the Coffee Machine Market by 2028?
The global Coffee Machine Market size is expected to reach $8.7 billion by 2028.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Coffee Machine Market?
Proven Benefits Of Coffee In Maintaining Heart Health are driving the market in coming years, however, Disadvantages Of Coffee Reducing Its Consumption restraints the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
AB Electrolux (Electrolux), Koninklijke Philips N.V., Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. (Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Company), Robert Bosch GmbH (BSH Home Appliances Corporation), Breville Group Limited, Newell Brands, Inc. (Mr. Coffee), Whirlpool Corporation, Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc. (Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.), Schaerer AG (WMF) (Groupe SEB ), and Glen Dimplex Europe Holdings Limited (Morphy Richards)
At what CAGR is the Coffee Machine Market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the Coffee Machine Market is 5.3% from 2022 to 2028.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of the Coffee Machine Market in 2021?
The Commercial segment acquired maximum revenue share in the Global Coffee Machine Market by Application in 2021 thereby, achieving a market value of $5.3 billion by 2028.
Which region dominated the Coffee Machine Market in 2021?
The Europe market dominated the Global Coffee Machine Market by Region in 2021, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2028; thereby, achieving a market value of $3 billion by 2028.