Global Cleaning Services Market By Type (Floor care, Window Cleaning, Maid Services, Carpet Upholstery, Vacuuming, and Others), By End Use (Residential and Commercial), By Regional Outlook, Industry Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Cleaning Services Market
Market Report Description
The Global Cleaning Services Market size is expected to reach $92.69 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 7.80% CAGR during the forecast period.
Cleaning is a process that helps to get rid of unwanted and undesired objects from the surroundings and premises. The object may be an infectious substance, dirt, trash, and contaminants. Cleaning is not just limited to personal hygiene, which often means taking proper care of one’s body. In the modern era, cleaning services have emerged as a source of employment for many people and source of relief for people who do not have time and energy to clean their homes. The cleaning services include many services such as air duct cleaning, furniture cleaning, window washing, vacuuming, floor cleaning, carpet cleaning, and water damage restoration among others.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 has impacted every business sector drastically but the cleaning services industry was the only business sector that saw a hike in its growth. Before COVID, people followed the basic cleaning process be it in their home or workspace, but the scenario has completed changed. Moreover, persons who do cleaning services are knowledgeable and well-trained to handle such situations professionally with their tools and effective products. This impact provided job opportunities in the cleaning service sector for many.
There was a spike in demand for cleaning workers in different sectors like restaurants, stores, offices, and specifically in the hospitals. However, the market lost some revenue from the residential sector due to the lockdown conditions and apprehensions among the people to allow any unknown person to enter into their premises.
Market Growth Factors:
High demand for cleaning services during the COVID-19
Since the pandemic has hit the world the demand for commercial cleaning services has increased drastically. Many consumers prefer cleaning services in places such as offices, hospitals, public institutions, retail sectors, and many other public spaces. This is because the transmission of COVID-19 from the surfaces had created the need to sanitize all the places thoroughly. A clean and healthy environment is more likely to attract people and profit the organization than an unclean one. Cleanliness is always given first preference; hence, it is evident that the commercial cleaning sectors are quickly emerging and gaining traction.
Increase in disposable income and health awareness
The source of income plays a vital role in availing the cleaning services. In recent times, there has been an increase in the disposable income of people across the world. With this disposable income, people's lifestyles have also been changed drastically. Also, high income often followed with hectic work schedule and lifestyle, leaving no time for cleaning. In such scenario, people prefer to outsource their cleaning activities, thus helping industry to expand further.
Market Restraining Factor:
Privacy and security issues
A person may consider his privacy being hampered when the professional cleaners are around them. In addition, such people also feel the need to constantly monitor the activities of the cleaners. This is because they could be apprehensive about the luxurious items like watch, mobile phone, and others being stolen. Though, most of the cleaning services give guarantee of this, there are still some theft cases among the customers. Also, some people witness security issues when some stranger enters the place. There have been instances when cleaner utilize less-costly products with an aim to reduce costs, which could damage the property or poor-quality cleaning.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Floor care, Window Cleaning, Maid Services, Carpet Upholstery, Vacuuming, and Others. The carpet and upholstery segment would display the highest growth rate in the forecasted period. Factor such as the massive sales of several home décor like carpets, furniture, rugs, and others would boost the growth of the segment. The items fall under this segment are the difficult part of the cleaning and needs a lot of care and professional handling.
End Use Outlook
Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Residential and Commercial. The residential segment would exhibit the fastest growth rate in the forecasting period. The growth is attributed to the pandemic which has increased the trend of cleanliness among the people even at home. People do not want to take any risk and trust only the professionals when it comes to bathroom cleaning, floor cleaning, and other difficult-to-reach areas.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 52.6 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 92.69 billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.80% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||146|
|Number of Tables||279|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Type, End Use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America acquired the 2020 cleaning services market, and the expectation with its growth rate is that it will rise more in the forecasted period. The factors that are responsible for this rise in numbers are awareness people have now regarding the pandemic and have acknowledged the importance of cleaning.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Cleaning Services Market size to reach USD 92.69 billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Aramark Corporation, ABM Industries, Inc., Sodexo S.A., Pritchard Industries, Inc. (Littlejohn & Co.), Coit Services, Inc., The ServiceMaster Company, LLC, Cleannet USA, Inc., Chem-Dry, and Jani-King International, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Cleaning Services Market
- Sep-2021: ABM signed a definitive agreement to acquire Able Services, a national provider of janitorial, engineering, and facilities maintenance solutions. This agreement would help the company to expedite its revenue growth and profit margin.
- Dec-2020: Pritchard Industries completed the acquisition of Global Industrial Services, a leader in providing janitorial, snow removal, and landscaping services. Following the acquisition, the company would diversify its service mix and expand its footprint within current and new geographies. This acquisition aimed to improve Pritchard's portfolio of exterior services intend to add snow removal and landscaping services and expand the Company into Pennsylvania while supporting its prevailing Northeast existence.
- Oct-2020: Coit took over a local carpet and tile cleaning division of Cintas, a business-to-business company based in Cincinnati. Through this acquisition, the company aimed to fulfill the growing demand from Coit's customers.
- Jun-2020: Sodexo collaborated with Bureau Veritas, a global leader in testing, inspection, and certification. Under this collaboration, the companies would launch a hygiene verification label for Sodexo procedures and services to allow the clients and customers to restart their work safely. Moreover, it includes both facilities management on-site services and catering services.
- May-2020: Chem-Dry launched a specialized Sanitizing Service. Through this, the company aimed to clean and sanitize the areas which are most vulnerable to viruses, bacteria, and germs.
- Nov-2018: Chem-Dry partnered with UClean, one of India’s biggest laundry companies. Under the partnership, UClean received the PAN India exclusive Masters Franchise development rights by Chem-Dry. Moreover, the partnership would encourage the Direct to Home business concept for upholstery cleaning, home cleaning, carpet cleaning, etc.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Floor care
- Window Cleaning
- Maid Services
- Carpet Upholstery
- Vacuuming, and
By End Use
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Aramark Corporation
- ABM Industries, Inc.
- Sodexo S.A.
- Pritchard Industries, Inc. (Littlejohn & Co.)
- Coit Services, Inc.
- The ServiceMaster Company, LLC
- Cleannet USA, Inc.
- Jani-King International, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the value of the global cleaning services market by 2027?
The global cleaning services market size is expected to reach $92.69 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the cleaning services market?
High demand for cleaning services during the COVID-19 are driving the market in coming years, however, Privacy and security issues limited the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Aramark Corporation, ABM Industries, Inc., Sodexo S.A., Pritchard Industries, Inc. (Littlejohn & Co.), Coit Services, Inc., The ServiceMaster Company, LLC, Cleannet USA, Inc., Chem-Dry, and Jani-King International, Inc.
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global cleaning services market?
Yes, Due to pandemic there was a spike in demand for cleaning workers in different sectors like restaurants, stores, offices, and specifically in the hospitals.
Which segment dominated the cleaning services market in 2020?
The Commercial market dominated the Global Cleaning Services Market by End Use in 2020, thereby growing at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period.
Which region dominated the cleaning services market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the Global Cleaning Services Market by Region in 2020, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2027; thereby, achieving a market value of $34.12 billion by 2027.