Global Cheese Powder Market By Products (Cheddar, Parmesan, Blue Cheese, Romano, Swiss and Others), By Applications (Snacks, Flavors, Ready to Eat, Bakery & Confectionery, Dips/Dressings/Dry Mix/Sauces and Others), By Regional Outlook, COVID-19 Impact Analysis Report and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Cheese Powder Market
Market Report Description
The Global Cheese Powder Market size is expected to reach $2.2 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 8.9% CAGR during the forecast period. The cheese powder offers nutritional values like high vitamins & proteins and low calories. These values are attracting consumer focus and are expected to surge the market of cheese products. In contrast, the increasing awareness about animal rights and environmental protection among consumers is shifting their preferences towards the vegan diet. These factors are responsible to hamper the growth of the cheese powder market during the forecast years.
Cheddar cheese is obtained by dehydrating the hard cheese and offers different flavors, aromas, and tastes coupled with a long shelf-life due to which the popularity of cheddar cheese has increased. The demand for cheddar cheese is more in North America and Europe. The premium and special flavors demand is increasing due to which, it is expected that it will accelerate the growth of the market.
The cheese manufacturers aim to add customized flavors in the cheddar cheese powder segment, starting from buttery and sweet to savory flours. Additionally, manufacturers are taking initiative to create new flavor profiles and products. For example, DSM, a global science-based company in Health, Nutrition, and Sustainable Living presented a portfolio of seven cultures to make mature and unique tastes in this segment. Therefore, the manufacturers of cheese predicted that cheddar cheese sprinkled with ghost pepper and chili would be a daily used product in the upcoming years.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 has spread in most of the countries in the world, due to which World Health Organization declared it a public health emergency. Due to the pandemic, the flights were canceled, and travelling was banned. The pandemic has affected the world’s economy in several ways like hampering the supply chain & demand of the product and affecting the production & manufacturing of the cheese powder.
Cheese is the most consumed dairy product in several countries. The pandemic affected the cheese powder severely, as the market noticed a direct decline in the demand and also a precipitous decline in away from home eating. People were forced not to come outside of their homes, all restaurants and local shops were closed due to which, the cheese powder market witnessed a slowdown during the pandemic.
Market Growth Factors:
Increasing usage of cheese powder in the food and beverage industry
Cheese powder finds its wide application in the food & beverage industry. Consumers are preferring ready-eat food and snacks, which is fueling the demand for cheese powder. Additionally, the long shelf life of cheese powder products and packaged food items are the chief preference of the customers. Further, cheese powder offers good flavor and taste to the products, which is attributed to raising the demand for the cheese powder market.
A swift surge in the packaged & processed food market
Evolving lifestyles and an increase in the number of working women in developing countries are fueling the demand for packaged and processed food products in the market. Processed foods are easy to get as they are safe, convenient, nutritious, cost-effective, and available in all seasons. Generally, people don’t have enough time to cook food on their own due to busy schedules, so they prefer to purchase processed & packaged food.
Market Restraining Factor:
Strict labeling rules and regulation
Proper labeling of any food products with all the related and relevant information is gaining more importance due to the growing cases of ill health due to the consumption of packaged food. Thus, some regulations are imposed on the manufacturers to do accurate labeling of all the ingredients used in the product and write down the details of the ingredients.
Based on Products, the market is segmented into Cheddar, Parmesan, Blue Cheese, Romano, Swiss and Others. Parmesan cheese would emerge as the fastest-growing cheese type segment in the forecast period. The demand for natural ingredients, fresh & authentic flavors is increasing and customers are preferring to spend more money on quality sauces, dressings, and soups for enhanced appearance, texture, and taste. The sauces, soups, and dressings industry has augmented the demand for parmesan cheese powder as it offers an authentic taste.
Based on Applications, the market is segmented into Snacks, Flavors, Ready to Eat, Bakery & Confectionery, Dips/Dressings/Dry Mix/Sauces and Others. The usage of cheese powder in ready-to-eat foods and snacks would grow at a fast pace over the forecast period. Baked products are highly in demand across the world, as people are shifting to baked products, which is positively impacting the baking industry. Therefore, the industrial & commercial sectors are increasing the demand for confectionery & bakery products made with cheese powder and are accounted to create the lucrative growth opportunities for manufacturers over the forecast period.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 1.2 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 2.2 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.9% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||182|
|Number of Tables||320|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Products, Applications, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Region-wise, the North American cheese powder market is anticipated to witness a moderate growth rate over the forecast period. The major consumers of cheese in terms of volume are Europe and North America. The consumption of the dairy product and annual per capita milk showcased that the per capita consumption of these cheese products is growing despite their saturated markets.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Cheese Powder Market size to reach USD 2.2 Billion by 2027
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Shandong Bigtree Dreyfus Special Meals Food Co., Ltd., Commercial Creamery Company, Kanegrade Ltd., Aarkay Food Products Ltd., Kerry Group PLC, The Kraft Heinz Company, Land O’Lakes, Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Dairy Farmers of America, Inc., and Uhrenholt A/S (F. Uhrenholt Holding A/S).
Recent Strategies Deployed in Cheese Powder Market
- Jul-2020: Kraft Heinz expanded its business by investing $48 million in a project. This project would enhance production operations and contribute to the expansion of capacity at the company's Springfield, MO manufacturing plant.
- Aug-2020: Uhrenholt partnered with DKSH, a Swiss holding company specializing in market expansion services. This partnership aimed to grow the Emborg portfolio of processed cheese, butter and spread, shredded cheese, cream, and other dairy products in the Thai market. In addition, this partnership would leverage DKSH’s highly capable sales force and exclusive distribution network in the local retail business.
- Aug-2020: DFA Ingredient Solutions, a business division of Dairy Farmers of America unveiled an e-commerce store. This store would enable manufacturers to order smaller quantities of its dairy ingredients. Additionally, the new platform would feature dairy-based ingredients that include specialty powders, seasoning blends, and concentrated pastes.
- May-2020: Dairy Farmers of America acquired Dean Foods Company, an American food, and beverage company. This acquisition includes all the assets of Dean Foods including rights, interests, and properties associated with 44 of the Company’s fluid and frozen facilities to subsidiaries of Dairy Farmers of America. Further, the acquisition would maximize value for Dairy Farmers of America's stakeholders and expand its business to serve better to customers.
- Jul-2019: Kraft Heinz signed an agreement with Arla Foods, the largest producer of dairy products in Scandinavia. Under this agreement, Arla Foods would get the license to utilize the Kraft brand for the next 12 years in the Middle East on the cheese portfolio.
- Jul-2017: Land O’Lakes introduced a line of USDA Organic cheddar cheese powders. This range contains three different varieties with delicious flavor complexities to offer options for its customers regardless of their budget. The company aimed to increase snacking, especially popcorn consumption, to generate more sales growth for the organic cheese powders.
- Mar-2017: Land O'Lakes took over Vermont Creamery, a creamery, and artisanal cheese and butter-maker. Under this acquisition, Vermont Creamery would expand its category and product innovation and also operate as an independent subsidiary of Land O'Lakes.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Blue Cheese
- Ready to Eat
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Dips/Dressings/Dry Mix/Sauces
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Shandong Bigtree Dreyfus Special Meals Food Co., Ltd.
- Commercial Creamery Company
- Kanegrade Ltd.
- Aarkay Food Products Ltd.
- Kerry Group PLC
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
- Uhrenholt A/S (F. Uhrenholt Holding A/S)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the size of the cheese powder market by 2027?
The cheese powder market size is projected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the cheese powder market?
Increasing usage of cheese powder in the food and beverage industry are driving the market in coming years, however, Strict labeling rules and regulation limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the cheese powder market?
Shandong Bigtree Dreyfus Special Meals Food Co., Ltd., Commercial Creamery Company, Kanegrade Ltd., Aarkay Food Products Ltd., Kerry Group PLC, The Kraft Heinz Company, Land O’Lakes, Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Dairy Farmers of America, Inc., and Uhrenholt A/S (F. Uhrenholt Holding A/S).
At what CAGR is the cheese powder market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of the cheese powder market is 8.9% from 2021 to 2027.
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global cheese powder market?
People were forced not to come outside of their homes, all restaurants and local shops were closed due to which, the cheese powder market witnessed a slowdown during the pandemic.