Global Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Market By Therapy (Hormonal Therapy, Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Market
Market Report Description
The Global Castrate-resistant Prostate Cancer Market size is expected to reach $14.5 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 8.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC), a variety of prostate cancer that generally recurs after managing androgen deprivation therapy (ADC), is getting prominent in the prostate cancer market.
The global market of CRPC is estimated to rise at a notable rate, due to high unmet clinical requirements, increasing prevalence rates, limited survival benefits, and fast-emerging treatment modifications. The market growth will depend on the unique breakthrough treatments responsible for securing survival benefits. The survival benefit is helpful in controlling the peak sales and market penetration of novel approved drugs.
Shifting treatment patterns, arising untapped non-metastatic CRPC space, promising drug pipeline, and increased patient awareness are the factors that are estimated to propel the market growth. Moreover, the untapped CRPC market in the Asia-Pacific and LAMEA region will also boost the overall market growth over the forecast period. Untapped non-metastatic CRPC settings will further accelerate the market growth. However, factors like uncertain reimbursement policies, premium pricing of CRPC drugs, and lack of distinction in the mechanism of action between the approved and novel agents are expected to restrain the market growth.
The increasing prevalence of castrate-resistant prostate cancer, rising adoption of novel drugs, coupled with an unhealthy lifestyle are the main factors predicted to boost the market growth. The requirement for fast treatment alternatives and funding in R&D by leading companies will also contribute to the growth of the market.
Based on Therapy, the market is segmented into Hormonal Therapy, Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. The hormonal therapy category garnered the highest revenue share in the castrate-resistant prostate cancer market in 2019. This growth is due to the presence of a huge number of approved drugs, the introduction of new drugs, and the growth of the product portfolio. Additionally, the growing advancement of innovative medicines to fulfill unmet requirements and current treatment options is estimated to propel the growth of the market for castrate-resistant prostate cancer.
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America recorded the highest revenue share in the castrate-resistant prostate cancer market in 2019 and is estimated to sustain the figures during the forecast period. This growth is due to the high prevalence of the disease, the existence of regional players, and supportive reimbursement policies. Changing lifestyle is another factor that adds to the prevalence of diseases.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 8.4 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 14.5 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.3% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||124|
|Number of Tables||180|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Therapy, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Market to reach a market size of $14.5 billion by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Sanofi S.A., Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Inc., Bayer AG, Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK), Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc., Active Biotech AB, Astellas Pharma, Inc. and Dendreon Pharmaceuticals LLC (Sanpower Group Co., Ltd.).
Recent Strategies Deployed in Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Market
- Dec-2019: Pfizer Inc. and Astellas Pharma Inc. announced that FDA approved their supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for XTANDI (enzalutamide). This has been used for the treatment of patients with metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer (mCSPC).
- Oct-2019: The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson announced that it received the approval from FDA for its Breakthrough Therapy Designation for niraparib, an orally-administered poly ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor. This inhibitor is used for the treatment of patients with BRCA1/2 gene-mutated metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- Jul-2019: Bayer AG got FDA approval for Nubeqa (darolutamide), an oral androgen receptor inhibitor (ARi) product. This product is used for the treatment of patients with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (nmCRPC).
- Mar-2019: Nubeqa (darolutamide), an oral androgen receptor inhibitor (ARi) product of Bayer AG got approval from European Commission. This product is used for the treatment of men with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Jun-2018: Astellas Pharma launched 40 mg XTANDI (generic name enzalutamide) Tablets and 80 mg XTANDI Tablets in Japan for the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Feb-2018: The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson announced that FDA approved its ERLEADA (apalutamide), a next-generation androgen receptor inhibitor. The inhibitor is used for the treatment of patients with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (NM-CRPC).
- Dec-2016: Sanofi Genzyme, business unit of Sanofi announced agreement with Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC). Following this agreement, Jevtana (cabazitaxel), a product of Sanofi is being used in NHS Scotland for the treatment of metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer (mHRPC) by Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC).
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Hormonal Therapy
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Sanofi S.A.
- Johnson and Johnson
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Abbott Laboratories
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK)
- Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc.
- Active Biotech AB
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Dendreon Pharmaceuticals LLC (Sanpower Group Co., Ltd.)
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global castrate-resistant prostate cancer market by 2026?
The castrate-resistant prostate cancer market size is projected to reach USD 14.5 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive castrate-resistant prostate cancer industry?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is evolving technological advancement.
Which region dominated the castrate-resistant prostate cancer market in 2019?
The North America market dominated the Global Castrate-resistant Prostate Cancer Market by Region in 2019.
Who are the top market players in the castrate-resistant prostate cancer industry?
Sanofi S.A., Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Inc., Bayer AG, Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK), Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc., Active Biotech AB, Astellas Pharma, Inc. and Dendreon Pharmaceuticals LLC (Sanpower Group Co., Ltd.).
At what CAGR is the castrate-resistant prostate cancer market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of castrate-resistant prostate cancer market is 8.3% from 2020 to 2026.