Global Canned Legumes Market By Product (Beans, Chickpeas, Peas and Other Products), By Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Canned Legumes Market
Market Report Description
The Global Canned Legumes Market size is expected to reach $3.1 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 6.1% CAGR during the forecast period. Legumes are recognized as the world's second most important cereal food source, a sustainable and cheap alternative in meat. Legumes are nutritionally important, providing (20-45%) proteins with essential amino acids, complex carbohydrates (±60%) and dietary fibers (5-37%). Legumes also have no cholesterol and are normally low in fat, with ±5 percent fat energy, except the peanuts (±45 percent), chickpeas (±15 percent), and soybeans (±47 percent).
Global Canned Legumes Market Size
In addition to their nutritional superiority, the cultural, economic, physiological, and medicinal roles of legumes have also been attributed to their possession of beneficial bioactive compounds. Research has shown that the majority of bioactive compounds in legumes have antioxidant properties which are important for the prevention of certain cancers, heart conditions, osteoporosis, and other degenerative diseases.
Due to its composition, legumes are appealing to health-conscious consumers, celiac and diabetic patients and weight management concerned consumers. The inclusion of legumes in diets, particularly in developing countries, may play a large part in the eradication of protein-energy malnutrition, particularly in developing African-Asian countries. Legumes could provide the foundation for the development of many foods for human health.
Canned Legumes Market Share
The increase in demand for convenient food, due to the growing number of working population groups, particularly dual-income households, is fueling market growth across the globe. Moreover, with increasing consumer health concerns, demand for canned legumes has increased as they are a rich source of plant-based proteins. The increasing importance of ethnic foods is anticipated to increase the demand for lentils and chickpeas in the coming years.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Canned Legumes Market to reach a market size of $3.1 billion by 2026
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Beans, Chickpeas, Peas and Other Products. Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Offline and Online. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., Del Monte Pacific Limited (Nutriasia, Inc.), Conagra Brands, Inc., General Mills, Inc., The Kraft Heinz Company, Eden Foods, Inc., Goya Foods, Inc., Bush Brothers and Company, Teasdale Foods, Inc., and Fujian Chenggong Canned Food Co., Ltd.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Canned Legumes Market
- Jun-2020: Bush Brothers came into partnership with Beanstalk, the global brand extension licensing agency. The partnership was aimed to extend the brand into complementary food categories as part of its commitment to providing consumers with healthy and great tasting food options.
- Apr-2019: Teasdale launched Teasdale Simply Especial line. Teasdale Simply Especial comes in 15.5-oz. cans in five varieties: Chili Verde, Chipotle Rojo, Mexican Chili, Peruvian and Spicy Cuban.
- Aug-2018: Kraft Heinz invested £20 million to expand its production facility in Kitts Green near Wigan, UK. Through this expansion, the company has expanded the production of its canned food products at the site.
- Nov-2017: Goya Foods expanded its North American Processing Center in Brookshire, Texas by adding 324,000 square feet of production warehouse, distribution warehouse, production office and auxiliary buildings. The expansion helped the company to reach new consumers and strengthened the Goya brand across the United States and internationally including Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Scope of the Canned Legumes Market Analysis
- Peas and
- Other Products
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
- Del Monte Pacific Limited (Nutriasia, Inc.)
- Conagra Brands, Inc.
- General Mills, Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Eden Foods, Inc.
- Goya Foods, Inc.
- Bush Brothers and Company
- Teasdale Foods, Inc.
- Fujian Chenggong Canned Food Co., Ltd.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Canned Legumes Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of canned legumes market in 2026?
The global canned legumes market size is expected to reach $3.1 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors drive canned legumes industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the canned legumes industry include demand for convenience food, Demand for plant-based proteins, and Health benefits of canned legumes.
Who are the leading players in canned legumes market?
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., Del Monte Pacific Limited (Nutriasia, Inc.), Conagra Brands, Inc., General Mills, Inc., The Kraft Heinz Company, Eden Foods, Inc., Goya Foods, Inc., Bush Brothers and Company, Teasdale Foods, Inc., and Fujian Chenggong Canned Food Co., Ltd.
At what CAGR is the canned legumes market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of canned legumes market is 6.1% from 2020 to 2026.