Global Cables and Connector Market By Product Type (External Cables & Connectors and Internal Cables & Connectors), By Vertical (Commercial, Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy & Power and Others), By Installation Type (CAT5/CAT6, USB, VGA, HDMI, DVI and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Cables and Connector Market
Market Report Description
The Global Cables and Connector Market size is expected to reach $140.5 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 9.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Cables and connectors are connectivity devices that can be used to transmit data, signal and power to electronic devices across different industries. Cables are electrical conductors where each cable wire is isolated from each other. The cables have a strong tensile strength because they have a high pressure to function and control the device. Some examples of cables are CAT5, SATA, USB, and IDE.
Global Cables and Connector Market Size
In addition, the connectors are electro-mechanical tools used for the connection of electrical terminations. The connectors consist of plugs and jacks referred to as male-ended and female-ended plugs. Connectors are also referred to as input-output connectors and form an interface for connecting electronic devices with the help of cables. The global market for cables and connectors is likely to get a substantial boost owing to the increasing demand for higher bandwidth and reduced signal strength.
Receiving remote advancements such as RF, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and infrared, would devour a large segment of the cable and connector market in the coming years, preparing for the continued expansion of interior cables and connectors. The business i.e. IT and telecommunications, hardware and social insurance companies are rapidly developing and delivering real market offerings. With the increasing infiltration of such cloud and Web of Things (IoT) innovations, the interest in reliable, superior and secure availability and transmission of information has increased.
Cables and Connector Market Share
The explosion in the volume of internet traffic, the increasing demand for global connectivity, continued innovation in devices and services, and increased security challenges are the driving factors that create a huge demand for reliable wiring solutions in the telecommunications industry. Substantial investment is being made in R&D for the development of advanced cable & connector technology by major manufacturers. This market is driven mainly by application-specific communication cables and connectors in the military & defense, commercial, industrial, IT & Datacom and other industries.
Based on Product Type, the market is segmented into External Cables & Connectors and Internal Cables & Connectors. Based on Vertical, the market is segmented into Commercial, Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy & Power and Others. Based on Installation Type, the market is segmented into CAT5/CAT6, USB, VGA, HDMI, DVI and Others. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Cables and Connector Market to reach a market size of $140.5 billion by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include 3M Company, Nokia Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.), TE Connectivity Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, TransDigm Group, Inc. (Esterline Technologies Corporation), Axon Cable SAS, Nexans SA, and Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Cables and Connector Market
- May-2020: Amphenol Custom Cable (ACC) collaborated with Digi-Key Electronics. Through this collaboration, the former company has expanded its availability of pre-configured cable assemblies with Digi-Key Electronics. These cable configurations provided quality Amphenol RF N-Type straight plug connectors and are suitable for high power wireless and RF applications such as antenna connections for in-building wireless and DAS systems.
- Feb-2020: TE Connectivity extended its partnership with PEI-Genesis, a global leader in the design and assembly of custom engineered connectors and cable solutions. This partnership extended the company’s already broad offering of connector solutions specific to the Industrial Business Unit.
- Oct-2019: Sumitomo Electric came into partnership with Senko Advanced Components. Following the partnership, the companies launched AirMT multi-fiber optical connectors. The AirMT offers an alternative to physical contact multi-fiber optical connectivity as found in such formats as MPO connectors.
- Jun-2019: Amphenol announced its collaboration with Newark, the Development Distributor. Following the collaboration, the latter company has been continued to offer its community of designers with the varied connector options they need to advance their designs with the addition of the Micro-Bayonet (Micro-B) connectors from Amphenol Industrial Operations. This product line provides an affordable alternative to connectors used in industrial markets requiring high signal counts and small packages.
- May-2019: TE Connectivity launched its AMP+ HVA 1200 HV Terminal and Connector System. It is an addition to TE’s range of high-voltage connectors for hybrid and all-electric vehicles. With the new AMP+ HVA1200 HV terminal and connector system (HVA 1200) automotive manufacturers benefitted from a high-performance interconnection system for their next-generation vehicles.
- Jan-2018: Nexans acquired a controlling stake in BE CableCon, a Danish cable kits supplier. The acquisition reinforced the company's portfolio of activities and accelerated growth in the renewable energy segment.
- Jan-2017: Axon Cable took over ISA France, the company that has designed machines for micro-assembling of space micro-D and nano-D connectors. The acquisition broadened the company's portfolio and enabled the company to focus on the space market.
Scope of the Cables and Connector Market Analysis
By Product Type
- External Cables & Connectors
- Internal Cables & Connectors
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Power
By Installation Type
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- 3M Company
- Nokia Corporation
- Fujitsu Limited
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.)
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Amphenol Corporation
- TransDigm Group, Inc. (Esterline Technologies Corporation)
- Axon Cable SAS
- Nexans SA
- Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Cables and Connector Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global cables and connector market in 2026?
The cables and connector market is projected to reach USD 140.5 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors drive cables and connector industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the cables and connector industry include increased demand in the oil and gas sector, Increasing demand for underwater solutions for Defense, and Surge in demand for higher bandwidth cables & connectors among different industries.
Which segment shows dominated in 2019?
The external cables & Connectors market dominated the global cables & connector market by Product Type 2019.
At what CAGR is the cables and connector market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of cables and connector market is 9.9% from 2020 to 2026.
Who are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
3M Company, Nokia Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.), TE Connectivity Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, TransDigm Group, Inc. (Esterline Technologies Corporation), Axon Cable SAS, Nexans SA, and Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.