Advantages and Types of Disposable Cups
Disposable cups are the most common type of utensils you see at parties, small gatherings and functions. These cups solve the problem of utensils that arises while hosting an event. There are many kinds of disposable cups available in the market depends on the quantity and the user.
These cups are tableware and are also found in usage in food packaging services. The category of disposable cups includes a variety of single-use cups that comes in various materials like paper, foam etc. You can easily find these cups at restaurants, offices and households.
We all know how important a role these cups play in our parties, but do you know enough of it? These cups are so ordinary that we don't even notice it that it exists. So, in this article, we will tell you everything about these small yet important things in our daily lives.
Types of disposable cups
All the disposable things, themselves tell that they are made for single use only. But have you wonder what makes a big difference, if it comes in any material. The answer is very simple, these disposable cup types not only direct for their certain uses but also determine its dumping process.
Thus, some common types of disposable cups are as follows:
- Paper cups- it is the most popular kind of disposable cups, you can see it anywhere around you. They are renewable cups and can be recycled by companies.
- Single-use plastic cups- it is the common type of cups, which are transparent and usually used for drinking water at places like offices.
- Foam cups- these cups are highly preferred while serving hot and cold beverages as it holds on the temperature of the beverage put in it. They are more convenient to hold as it does not change its shape.
Under plastic, there are many other types of plastic cups, you can find in the market like heavy-duty cups, thin wall plastic cups, etc. Similarly, paper cups are also available in different varieties like wax-coated cups, sustainable cups and many more.
Features of disposable cups
Disposable cups offer various features due to this, people adopt these cups for the various purpose at different places. We are writing down some of the features offered by disposable cups as follows:
Disposable cups are light in weight, which is why it is used at places where children are present. The material used in the making of disposable cups is light in weight, which further reduces the overall weight of the cups.
Most disposable cups are recyclable which means manufacturers can decompose them to make more cups. As they are single-use cups, it becomes more important to think about making them less harmful to the environment.
Easy to handle
Disposable cups are the easiest thing to handle when you use them for serving beverages. They are more convenient to put in place and organize for further usage and even after usage.
Disadvantages of using disposable cups
We all are aware of the kind of convenience they offer. But at the same time, they also cause harm to the environment in certain ways. Here, we are mentioning those disadvantages:
- It increases the overall garbage across the world. Disposable cups and single-use plastic are among the major reason for the increasing garbage in the world.
- Using disposable cups increase the amount of pollution in the world. People are getting more aware of the environmental harm these cups cause.
- Plastic cups are the most harmful kind of disposable cups as they cannot be decomposed by natural process.
Disposable cups are the substitute for utensils that are made up of paper, foam, or plastic. They are widely utilized in the food & beverage sector because these are single-use cups and are recyclable. People and companies use them for serving and packaging beverages in the industry.
There are various features these cups offer like lightweight, easy to handle, and recyclable, owing to this it is gaining popularity in the food & beverage sector to package & serve beverages. They are used for serving both hot & cold beverages that further surge its demand in the market. Moreover, these cups are gaining popularity around the globe because they are eco-friendly and decrease food borne diseases.
Therefore, the Global Disposable Cups Market is estimated to increase at a 9.5% CAGR during the forecast period.