Global Blasting Automation Services Market By Application (Metal Mining, Non-Metal Mining and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Blasting Automation Services Market
Market Report Description
The Global Blasting Automation Services Market size is expected to reach $823.4 Million by 2026, rising at a market growth of 14% CAGR during the forecast period. Blasting automation is a technique that makes sure higher precision in blasting operations which is conducted at the crust in the lower depths, long-hole boring, and safer mining of metalliferous ores.
Automation allows us to improve the productiveness, consistency, and fine blasting operation, all while minimizing the cost. Using advanced technology in order to automate boring and blasting operations let mine owners to increase productivity and allowed the resources for challenging and crucial duties. Technology-backed blasting and drilling operations decreases the time that is spent by miners during manual processes and increases safety at mines. Blasting automation solutions basically detect the slope angle, the number of explosives that are required for optimal results, also the density of rocks while ensuring higher safety and precision.
The usage of advanced technology in order to automate blasting and drilling operations permits mine owners to increase productivity and as well as free the resources for work-critical tasks. The unbaiting requirement for natural resources is stimulating miners to perform mining operations especially in challenging geographies, which is consequently resulting in higher in-ground stress. This has prompted the necessity to deploy more accurate and technology-backed blasting and drilling operations in order to lessen the time spent by miners during the manual processes and enhance safety at mines.
Numerous rules and regulations are being drafted to improve the safety of mine workers and check the environmental damages occurring due to mining activities. For example, the U.S. Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act (SMCRA) aims to lessen the injury and damage to property and people, boosts the deployment of more innovative blasting methods. Likewise, Ghana’s Minerals and Mining (Explosives) Regulations regulate the conveyance, possession, use, and storage of explosives for mining, quarrying, and civil works. Parallel regulations have been applied in numerous countries, including Australia, Canada, India, and the U.S. In these countries mining significantly contributes to the overall national GDP. These guidelines boost the adoption of 3-D laser profiling, advanced hole deviation tools, and explosives-delivery system.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Metal Mining, Non-Metal Mining and Others. The metal mining segment is anticipated to arise as one of the fastest-growing segments in the forecast period due to the increasing need for more effective blasting and drilling systems for deeper mines and the sustained adoption of similar hole mining. Integrating the 5G appropriation framework in mining activities will supposedly make more industry development openings.
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The market of Asia is anticipated to show the highest CAGR over the foreseeable period as plenty of coal, gold, and metal mines in India, China, and Australia will open opportunities for setting out an efficient and profitable mining solution. This is accredited to the presence of mines in countries like Australia, China, and India. There are numerous coals, copper, and gold mines in Australia and China in particular.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 390.3 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 823.4 Million|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 14% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||113|
|Number of Tables||169|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Blasting Automation Services Market to reach a market size of $823.4 million by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Komatsu Ltd. (MineWare Pty. Ltd.), Atlas Copco AB (Epiroc), Rockwell Automation, Inc., Autonomous Solutions, Inc., iRing, Inc., Orica Limited, Incitec Pivot Limited (Dyno Nobel, Inc.), Rio Tinto PLC (Rio Tinto International Holdings Limited) and Sasol Limited.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Blasting Automation Services Market
- Nov-2020: Orica collaborated with Epiroc Rock Drills AB. They together developed Avatel, the first-of-its-kind, industry-driven explosives delivery system. This system offers a safe access for an operator in cab to execute the development cycle while reducing the reliance on costly, time-consuming and at-times ineffectively controls to manage the risks to personnel working in one of the highest risk areas of an underground mine.
- Aug-2020: MineWare developed the first AI-based drill automation platform, Phoenix AI. Phoenix AI featured an advanced layer of AI to mitigate common drilling faults and improved performance.
- Mar-2020: Dyno Nobel launched The EZshot, a new electronic initiation system. The EZshot detonator series with accurate electronic delay timing, and Dyno Nobel extended its range with the EZshot EZDet for surface applications.
- Feb-2020: Orica acquired Exsa, the leading manufacturer and distributor of industrial explosives. The acquisition established Orica as the number one player in Latin America’s highest growth market and created a step-change in Orica’s manufacturing footprint.
- Jan-2020: Orica introduced its new blast design and modelling software for underground mining applications, SHOTPlus Underground. The new SHOTPlus Underground blast design and modelling software designed specifically for advanced underground blast design and complex blasting scenarios.
- Nov-2019: Sasol signed a partnership agreement with Enaex. The agreement aimed to form a strategic partner for its explosives and rock fragmentation division.
- Oct-2019: Dyno Nobel introduced ΔE2, an easy-to-use software system. The software system send loading to instruct directly to the pump truck control system that ensured boreholes loaded as designed and giving control back to the engineer or blaster.
- May-2019: Rio Tinto partnered with Caterpillar. The two companies agreed to study the potential for increased levels of automation of heavy mining equipment at the mine in the future. Caterpillar provided loaders, graders, dozers, water carts and diggers for the operation which Rio Tinto's first Pilbara mine to be primarily operated using Caterpillar machinery.
- Feb-2019: Dyno Nobel signed an agreement with BHP. Under this agreement, Dyno Nobel’s research and development has been undertaken collectively with input from BHP, with the aim to focus on the investment in several areas with the greatest potential.
- Oct-2018: Orica launched the next generation of its BlastIQ digital blast optimization platform. This platform designed to optimize blasting outcomes by integrating data and insights from digitally connected technologies across the drill and blast process. BlastIQ deliver predictable and sustainable improvements that reduced the overall cost of drill and blast operations, enhanced productivity and safety, and ease the regulatory compliance.
- May-2017: Orica introduced the premium i-kon III Electronic Blasting System. The system designed to use in high value and complex blasts at large open cut and underground operations. Thxe i-kon III System delivers greater reliability, efficiency and control resulting in optimized blast outcomes for customers.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Metal Mining
- Non-Metal Mining
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Komatsu Ltd. (MineWare Pty. Ltd.)
- Atlas Copco AB (Epiroc)
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Autonomous Solutions, Inc.
- iRing, Inc.
- Orica Limited
- Incitec Pivot Limited (Dyno Nobel, Inc.)
- Rio Tinto PLC (Rio Tinto International Holdings Limited)
- Sasol Limited
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Blasting Automation Services Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of blasting automation services market by 2026?
The blasting automation services market size is projected to reach USD 823.4 million by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive blasting automation services industry?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is the increasing proliferation of AI & ML in the mining sector.
Which segment shows high revenue share of the blasting automation services market in 2019?
The non-metal mining segment has a significant revenue share in the year 2019, due to the increasing demand for minerals like talc, gypsum, pumice, barite, and gemstones, among others.
Who are the leading players in blasting automation services market?
Komatsu Ltd. (MineWare Pty. Ltd.), Atlas Copco AB (Epiroc), Rockwell Automation, Inc., Autonomous Solutions, Inc., iRing, Inc., Orica Limited, Incitec Pivot Limited (Dyno Nobel, Inc.), Rio Tinto PLC (Rio Tinto International Holdings Limited) and Sasol Limited.
At what CAGR is the blasting automation services market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of blasting automation services market is 14% from 2020 to 2026.