Global Baby Care Products Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Price Point (High, Medium and Low), By Distribution Channel, By Product, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Baby Care Products Market
Market Report Description
The Global Baby Care Products Market size is expected to reach $46.9 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 4.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
Baby products are items created with babies and young children under the age of 3 in mind. Baby care products are made using substances that are specifically chosen for their mildness and lack of irritability. The market for baby care products is growing as a result of parents' increasing concerns about their kids' skin. Additionally, because infant skin is often delicate, it needs to be protected from exposure to dirt.
Due to increased awareness of infant cleanliness and general health, people are more likely to use skin care products. Also, children are more likely to contract chronic illnesses and to be exposed to pathogenic microbes. Numerous businesses have developed original strategies to highlight the significance of baby hygiene and how it may impact their health. Nevertheless, this pattern has shifted due to the time demands imposed on preparing food as a result of women becoming more involved in labor and rising dietary concerns.
Additionally, the high cost of baby food products has made it difficult for middle-class populations to accept them. Furthermore, people appreciate home-cooked food in remote and rural locations since they are unaware of these products. It is anticipated that marketing initiatives and affordably priced infant food products will increase market revenue generation overall. As customer preferences shift toward high-quality, utility-focused, and luxury baby items, the industry has been expanding quickly.
Owing to growing public awareness of the negative consequences of synthetic products, there has also been an increased focus on vegan, paraben, and synthetic-free products. Due to growing worries about the safety and well-being of infants, there is an explosive increase in the sales of baby care products in the United States. To avoid skin infections and manage diaper rashes, more parents are looking for clean, moisture-based solutions like wipes and creams. Additionally, since the pandemic, parents are planning to spend more on baby care.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Sales of newborn care products were affected in a variety of ways by the COVID-19 outbreak. During the pandemic, the market for baby care products was driven by the mass buying of baby care items, especially diapers and baby food. The distribution of these goods was impeded in some regions, such as India, where newborn care supplies were not seen as necessities. Given the COVID-19 pandemic's extremely contagious nature, the significance of baby care was emphasized even more. As healthcare professionals and mothers were forcefully recommended to adopt hygienic methods to care for infants, demand for products like bottle sanitizers, disinfectants, and face masks especially rise.
Market Growth Factors
Popularity Of Fortified Baby Food Is Growing
With parents becoming more conscious of the need to properly meet their babies' nutritional needs, there is a rising demand for fortified baby food on a worldwide scale. The market is expanding due to the rising demand, particularly for infant formula. Additionally, iron, zinc, calcium, and vitamins are among the minerals added during the process of fortifying infant food. The most typical dietary shortfall in children is iron insufficiency. For the infant's physical & mental development, major market participants are offering fortified baby food items rich in iron and folic acid.
Changes In Lifestyle And Rising Public Awareness
The infant goods segment has seen tremendous expansion over the last few years. Due to their hectic schedules, parents are unable to spend quality time with their kids, and their desire to give them the greatest resources has led them to choose infant care items to assure their wellbeing. Infants need extra care since their skin is unique from that of an adult; it is thinner, has less hair, is softer, and is less cornified. The most prevalent issue with kids, especially babies, is caused by the tight-fitting clothes that, if not changed frequently, create a warm, stagnant atmosphere that is ideal for bacterial growth.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Presence Of Harmful Ingredients In Baby Care Products
Mineral oils are the most common oils in the market and are used frequently because they are cheap and easy to obtain. However, mineral oils have the potential to clog pores and stop the skin from breathing. Furthermore, it creates a barrier over babies' sensitive skin that stops toxins from naturally escaping. Also, vegetable glycerin and PEG or PPG alcohol may be included in infant oils. Although it could appear healthy & typical, it actually involves synthetic chemicals that may lead to rashes or even eczema. Brands frequently hide harmful substances on labels by only mentioning "KEY”.
Based on product, the baby care products market is segmented into baby skin care, baby hair care, baby food and beverage, and others. In 2021, the baby skin care products procured a significant revenue share in the baby care products market. Major variables affecting babies' skin in their early development include pollution, the internal and exterior environments, and cleanliness. This may result in allergies, rashes, and in certain circumstances, chronic illnesses.
Price Point Outlook
By price point, the baby care products market is fragmented into low, medium and high. In 2021, the medium segment held a significant revenue share in the baby care products market. This is due to consumers' increased preference for natural & organic products at fair costs. Also, as the competition in market is increased the vendors are providing products at less prices as to make them affordable. Also, medium priced baby care products are easily available at nearby stores which are supporting the sale widely.
Distribution Channels Outlook
On the basis of distribution channels, the baby care products market is classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, drug stores or pharmacies, mass merchandisers, departmental stores, mono-brand stores, specialty stores, and online sales channels. In 2021, the online sales segment accounted a significant revenue share in the baby care products market. The presence of baby care products online and the rising use of the internet contribute to the market expansion. It is anticipated that the growing usage of e-banking platforms, simple access to the internet, and expanding numbers of smartphone users will support the online sales of baby products.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 34.8 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 46.9 Billion|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.4% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||231|
|Number of Tables||399|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, Price Point, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region-wise, the baby care products market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The Asia Pacific region witnessed the highest revenue share in the baby care product market in 2021. With varying geographic conditions, preferences for baby care products including various organic & natural substances shift. Additionally, the growing demand for formula-based baby food and beverage products as well as the preference for wholesome and nutritious baby food products are propelling the baby care products market's expansion in the Asia-Pacific region.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Baby Care Products Market size to reach USD 46.9 Billion by 2028
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Unilever PLC, Beiersdorf AG, Johnson & Johnson, The Procter and Gamble Company, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Sebapharma GmbH & Co. KG, California Baby, The Himalaya Drug Company (Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd.), and Honasa Consumer Private Limited.
Recent Strategies deployed in Baby Care Products Market
- Jun-2022: The Procter & Gamble Company teamed up with Microsoft, a producer of computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This collaboration would leverage the Microsoft Cloud to help in creating the future of digital manufacturing at P&G. The companies focused on making manufacturing smarter by allowing scalable predictive quality, controlled release, predictive maintenance, touchless operations, and manufacturing sustainability optimization which has not been done at this scale in the manufacturing space to date.
- Mar-2022: Kimberly-Clark expanded its geographical footprints in Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria by opening a new facility to manufacture Huggies baby diapers and Kotex feminine care products. The latest $100 million state-of-the-art manufacturing plant is equipped with improved technology and capabilities to better serve its customers. The expansion is aimed at addressing the rising demand for quality & safe baby care and feminine products in the region.
- Jan-2022: Kimberly-Clark signed an agreement with Dada, China’s leading local on-demand delivery and retail platform. Under this agreement, Dada would deepen its cooperation with Kimberly-Clark China through Shop Now’s omnichannel strategy, marketing promotion, supply optimization, regional coordination, and tripartite collaboration to stimulate the latest growth in categories like health care, maternal & baby products.
- Jun-2021: Procter & Gamble expanded its geographical footprints in Singapore, by launching the Pampers’ research facility at the P&G Singapore Innovation Center (SgIC), supported by the Singapore Economic Development Board. The BabyCare R&D team and facilities would lead end-to-end product development and focus on several key areas that include customer research, product design & packaging development.
- Sep-2020: Johnson & Johnson released Cottontouch, a new range of baby care products. The newly launched baby care line would feature products such as lotion, oil, wash, and cream. This launch during these unprecedented times is an effort to meet the growing demand for efficacious products, based on science from trustworthy baby care brands in India.
- Sep-2020: Kimberly-Clark took over Softex Indonesia, a leader in the fast-growing Indonesian personal care market. The acquisition aimed to represent a compelling strategic fit and demonstrates the commitment to accelerate growth in developing as well as emerging markets.
- Apr-2020: The Himalaya Drug Company introduced Gentle Baby Laundry Wash. By this launch, the company focused on serving the customer with a trusted solution that is safe for baby’s sensitive skin. Himalaya Gentle Baby Laundry Wash is specially formulated with naturally derived cleansing agents & antibacterial herbal ingredients in order to help prevent allergic reactions & skin irritations in babies.
- Aug-2019: Beiersdorf acquired Coppertone, a sun care brand based in the U.S. market. The acquisition aimed at gaining access to the world’s largest sun protection market. This acquisition aimed to enable the company to substantially accelerate the company's growth & presence, particularly in North America.
- Mar-2019: Procter & Gamble unveiled Pampers Cruisers 360 Fit, a new line of its best-selling brand, Pamper diapers. The newly launched diapers feature a stretch waistband. These no-tape diapers adapt to each wild move a baby makes.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Price Point
By Distribution Channel
- Drug Stores/Pharmacy
- Mass Merchandiser
- Departmental Stores
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Online Sales Channel
- Baby Hair Care
- Baby Skin Care
- Baby Food & Beverages
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Unilever PLC
- Beiersdorf AG
- Johnson & Johnson
- The Procter and Gamble Company
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Sebapharma GmbH & Co. KG
- California Baby
- The Himalaya Drug Company (Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd.)
- Honasa Consumer Private Limited
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free