Global Baby Apparel Market By Product (Outerwear and Underwear), By Distribution Channel (Online and Offline), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Baby Apparel Market
The Global Baby Apparel Market size is expected to reach $207.1 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 8.8% CAGR during the forecast period. Baby clothing includes apparel like outerwear, nightwear, innerwear, socks, and tights that are designed for babies. The clothes are characterized according to the age of the child. Infant wear mainly includes clothing for infants who belong to the age group of less than 12 months, whereas toddler wear refers to apparel or clothing for those children who are aged between 1-3 years.
Shifting lifestyle of the people, increasing women working population has resulted in more awareness among the population about the proper presentation of their babies. Therefore, baby apparel market is growing significantly. As the demand for new styles is continuously increasing, product innovation is being done to develop new styles and it has become a key success for the baby apparel manufacturers.
Increasing awareness about the safety and comfort of the baby is likely to be a key factor for the market growth in the coming years. In addition to it, parents are focused not only on easy and comfortable baby dressing but also on a style according to the latest fashion trends. These consumer trends are expected to play a major role in expanding the market scope of numerous baby apparel variants over the forecast period.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Outerwear and Underwear. Outerwear baby apparel was one of the largest product segments and had a significant market share in 2019. New and modern parents are focused on the stylish apparel and cloth wears for their child, which has driven the demand for fancy apparel. Furthermore, increasing kids fashion shows across the globe as parents nowadays are getting more updated about the latest fashion for the kids through the internet. Numerous exhibitions and events are held across the globe to promote kid's fashion and new fashion, especially for kids.
By Distribution Channel
Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Online and Offline. The online channel is likely to expand considerably in the coming years. Factors that are leading to the growth of the baby apparel market include increasing access to the internet by the parents resulting in quicker and easier updates of the latest fashion from the social media websites like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and other media platforms. In addition to all these, incessant promotions of the e-commerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, and Alibaba, along with discounts offered by them, are encouraging the adoption of online shopping across the globe. Furthermore, this distribution channel also offers a platform for new participants to the industry in order to promote and sell their products across the world irrespective of their geographic boundaries.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 133.1 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 207.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.8% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||132|
|Number of Tables||240|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competition Analysis|
|Segments covered||Product, Distribution Channel, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America was the major revenue contributor to the Baby Apparel market in 2019. The Middle East & Africa is anticipated to show significant growth over the forecast period. Urbanization and improvement in economic indicators leading to increased disposable income and also increase in the birth rate in African countries including Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Kenya are anticipated to open new possibilities for baby apparel over the next few years.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Baby Apparel Market to reach a market size of $207.1 Billion by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Nike, Inc., Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) (Alshaya Group), Hanesbrands, Inc., Ralph Lauren Corporation, Carter’s, Inc., The Children’s Place, Inc., Industria de Diseno Textil, S.A. (Inditex S.A.), Truworths Ltd., Cotton On Group Services Pty. Ltd., and Burberry Group PLC.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Baby Apparel Market
- Oct-2020: H&M launched its highly anticipated online store in Australia at hm.com. This launch provides customers the access to quality clothing at the best price, made in a sustainable way with the simple click of a button.
- Sep-2020: Hanesbrands came into partnership with University of South Carolina. Under this partnership, Hanesbrands supports South Carolina's efforts to develop, grow, and market University-branded product. It also provides funding for the University's participation in CLC's innovative, customized marketing programs that connect and engage Gamecock fans across the country.
- Jan-2020: Gymboree came into collaboration with The Children’s Place, Inc., an American specialty retailer of children’s apparel and accessories. Under this collaboration, Gymboree relaunches in February 2020 and would be available on www.Gymboree.com and in shop-in-shop locations in over 200 Children’s Place stores across the U.S. and Canada. Gymboree’s launch included eight collections in sizes 12M – 8. The brand returns to its classic roots with playful, bow-to-toe collections that span apparel and accessories.
- Aug-2019: Nike launched a subscription service for kids called Nike Adventure Club. It allows parents to order shoes for their kids ages 2 to 10 either on a quarterly, bimonthly or monthly basis, paying monthly fees of $20, $30 or $50, respectively.
- Mar-2019: Hanesbrands signed an agreement with University of Cincinnati, in collaboration with IMG College Licensing. The agreement includes Cincinnati-branded men’s, women’s, youth, and infant/toddler apparel across all retail channels. It also ensures the University has a greater control over the supply chain along with stability in licensing income over the next six years.
- Nov-2018: Carter's introduced a new preemie collection. This collection especially designed for babies under five pounds. It includes features like plastic snaps for x-rays and easy access closures at the arms. It also acknowledges the momentous milestones and loved ones in a preemie’s life, some bodysuits feature heartwarming phrases like NICU Graduate and My Super Heroes Wear Scrubs.
- Jul-2018: Carter launched Carter’s KID, a new product offering. The product was designed for boys and girls sizes 4 to 14. Carter’s KID mixes the styles, colors and graphics kids want, with the quality and value parents expect. The collection contains an active and layering pieces make to appeal to boys and girls who started making their own style statements.
- Mar-2018: The Children’s Place, Inc. signed an agreement with Zhejiang Semir Garment Co., a China-based company for leisure garments and children's garments. The agreement aimed to expand the global footprints of The Children’s Place. It also brings unique quality, fashion and value to The Children’s Place customers in China.
- Mar-2018: Hennes & Mauritz introduced its e-commerce business in India. This launch helped the company to become the latest single brand retailer after Zara to start online retailing operations in the country.
- Feb-2017: Carter’s, Inc. acquired Skip Hop Holdings, Inc., a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Under this acquisition, Skip Hop Holdings complemented Carter's brand. It also provided an opportunity for Carter to use their marketing, distribution, and supply chain capabilities to support the growth for the Skip Hop brand.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Nike, Inc.
- Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) (Alshaya Group)
- Hanesbrands, Inc.
- Ralph Lauren Corporation
- Carter’s, Inc.
- The Children’s Place, Inc.
- Industria de Diseno Textil, S.A. (Inditex S.A.)
- Truworths Ltd.
- Cotton On Group Services Pty. Ltd.
- Burberry Group PLC
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Baby Apparel Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of baby apparel market by 2026?
The baby apparel market size is projected to reach USD 207.1 billion by 2026.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive baby apparel market trends?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is increasing demand for the latest style wear and fashion trends.
Which segment dominated the baby apparel market in 2019?
The offline distribution channel led the global baby apparel market in 2019 and had a significant share of the global revenue.
Who are the top market players in the baby apparel industry?
Nike, Inc., Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) (Alshaya Group), Hanesbrands, Inc., Ralph Lauren Corporation, Carter’s, Inc., The Children’s Place, Inc., Industria de Diseno Textil, S.A. (Inditex S.A.), Truworths Ltd., Cotton On Group Services Pty. Ltd., and Burberry Group PLC.
At what CAGR is the baby apparel market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of baby apparel market is 8.8% from 2020 to 2026.