Global Automotive IoT Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Application, By Connectivity Form (Embedded, Tethered and Integrated), By Offering, By Communication Type, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2023 - 2029
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Automotive IoT Market
Market Report Description
The Global Automotive IoT Market size is expected to reach $340.8 billion by 2029, rising at a market growth of 19.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
Various devices in a location can be connected through wired and wireless connections because of the Internet of Things (IoT) technology. An automotive IoT also helps to manage the vehicle's functions to prevent accidents or reduce driver fatigue. Furthermore, it makes it possible for complex parts like actuators, electronics, and sensors to communicate with one another and other online-connected automobiles.
The market is growing as a result of reasons such as the increasing demand for connected cars, government programs for smart traffic system management, and growing consumer awareness of road vehicle safety. For the automotive IoT market to grow profitably, several market participants are advancing technologies.
The connected vehicle is the most prominent and well-known application of the Internet of Things. The real IoT development in the automotive industry is happening behind the scenes, though, as today's cars become increasingly software-driven, with manufacturers and software developers vying for the lead.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a framework of mechanical and digital objects that are autonomous in data transport and connected through computing devices. In addition, the advent of the automotive IoT market promotes the demand for automated devices to analyze real-time data on drivers and fleet operators. Also, it is linked to the Internet of smart automobiles, which provides three different communication channels: vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-infrastructure, and vehicle-to-vehicle.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The use of autonomous vehicles has increased during the pandemic. Many service-related jobs that require humans have restrictions imposed by many nations. It is now easier for people to function in an environment with a lethal virus because of the introduction of IoT in the automotive sector and developments like autonomous vehicles. China successfully delivered food, medicine, and even hospitalized COVID patients using its autonomous trucks. As a result, the automotive IoT market has significantly benefited from the outspread of COVID-19.
Market Growth Factors
Growing demand for hybrid and electric vehicles
Power electronics, a crucial technology for hybrids, offers a lot of potential for semiconductor technology. The automotive IoT market is expected to be impacted by several emerging technologies, which are now in the introductory phase. The increasing use of HEVs and EVs drives the demand for automotive semiconductors. The governments of numerous nations provide a variety of incentives to encourage the usage of electric and hybrid vehicles domestically. Hence, the potential for electrification has expanded due to new car features and better technologies. Original equipment producers (OEMs) are adding microprocessors, ICs, and sensors to high-end electric vehicles.
Integration of predictive maintenance platform with vehicles
Only essential or urgent maintenance tasks require them to visit the service centers. To provide these conveniences for car owners, predictive maintenance has had great success. Regularly, personnel is dispatched to perform preventive maintenance and routine diagnostic checks in accordance with predetermined timetables. This can be a labor- and resource-intensive operation with little guarantee that a failure won't happen between inspections. For more advanced remote condition monitoring and failure detection of the vehicle, use PdM. With the rising integration of predictive maintenance platforms in vehicles, the automotive IoT market is predicted to expand over the projection period.
Market Restraining Factors
Inadequate infrastructure to support connected vehicles' efficient functioning
ICT infrastructure development on highways is slower in emerging nations than in developed ones in places like Mexico, Brazil, and India. Only in metropolitan and semi-urban areas are 3G & 4G-LTE communication networks available, which are necessary for connectivity. Even though there are many third-party logistics businesses operating in semi-urban or rural locations, there are connectivity problems. Because of this, developing the automotive IoT market in developing nations may be hampered by the absence of adequate IT and communication infrastructure.
Based on offering, the automotive IoT market is classified into hardware, software and services. The services segment covered a considerable revenue share in the automotive IoT market in 2022. The major services driving the expansion of the automotive IoT services market include support & maintenance, consulting, deployment & integration, and others. In addition, the demand for automotive IoT retrofits is expanding, which is a driving factor for the services segment because owners of connected vehicles need appropriate solutions.
The leading players in the market are competing with diverse innovative offerings to remain competitive in the market. The illustration shows the percentage of revenue shared by some of the leading companies in the market. The leading players of the market are adopting various strategies in order to cater demand coming from the different industries. The key developmental strategies in the market are Partnerships & Collaborations.
Connectivity Form Outlook
By connectivity form, the automotive IoT market is segmented into embedded systems, tethered systems, and integrated systems. The tethered systems segment garnered a significant revenue share in the automotive IoT market in 2022. The tethered system has hardware that enables the driver’s smartphone and vehicle connection. Moreover, a connected motor will send data, receive software updates, connect to other equipment (Internet of Things), and give the driver and passengers WiFi internet access. Telematics may also be accessed by connected technologies, and it has been demonstrated that electric automobiles greatly benefit from this.
Communication Type Outlook
On the basis of communication type, the automotive IoT market is fragmented into in-vehicle communication, vehicle-to-vehicle communication, vehicle-to-infrastructure communication. The vehicle-to-vehicle communication segment acquired a substantial revenue share in the automotive IoT market in 2022. The need for vehicle-to-vehicle communication is expanding since it is useful for connecting with neighboring automobiles. Sharing information on the traffic on the roads is advantageous. Vehicle-to-vehicle communication makes driving safer by transferring information between vehicles in real-time. To communicate real-time data from the car to the infrastructure, gadgets are utilized that use cameras and RFID readers.
Based on application, the automotive IoT market is divided into navigation, telematics, and infotainment. The infotainment segment accounted for the largest revenue share in the automotive IoT market in 2022. Wi-Fi capability has paved the way for smart infotainment systems and other advanced automotive technologies. Owners of vehicles can connect their smartphones to various devices like the music system and GPS and control them remotely. Currently, a person can utilize various built-in and third-party applications to connect his vehicle to a mobile.
|Market size value in 2022||USD 99.4 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2029||USD 340.8 Billion|
|Historical Period||2019 to 2021|
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2029|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 19.6% from 2023 to 2029|
|Number of Pages||337|
|Number of Table||604|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Market Share Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Application, Connectivity Form, Offering, Communication Type, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Region wise, the automotive IoT market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. The North America region led the automotive IoT market by generating the largest revenue share in 2022. This region is home to a large number of manufacturing giants. They will be one of the elements influencing the market expansion in this region. The governments and other businesses in this region have increased their investments, which are beneficial in giving automobiles smart parking. The North American region's expanding need for smart cities will also fuel market expansion in the ensuing years.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Automotive IoT Market size to reach USD 340.8 Billion by 2029
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Automotive IoT Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Harman International Industries, Inc. (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.) are the forerunners in the Automotive IoT Market. Companies such as NXP Semiconductors N.V., Infineon Technologies AG, Renesas Electronics Corporation are some of the key innovators in Automotive IoT Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Intel Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, NXP Semiconductors N.V., STMicroelectronics N.V., Infineon Technologies AG, Texas Instruments, Inc., TomTom N.V., Harman International Industries, Inc. (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.), Renesas Electronics Corporation and EUROTECH S.p.A.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Automotive IoT Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Mar-2023: Infineon Technologies AG came into an agreement with United Microelectronics Corporation, a company engaged in offering various process technology solutions for the computing sector. Under this agreement, Infineon and United Microelectronics would aim to enhance capacity for the production of Infineon automotive microcontrollers to serve the quickly broadening automotive market.
- Jan-2023: NXP Semiconductors Joined hands with VinFast, a manufacturer of the car based in Vietnam. Under this collaboration, both companies would engage in the initial development phases of the latest VinFast automotive projects, enhancing NXP's rich suite of system solutions for advanced applications.
- Jan-2023: Harman partnered with Ferrari, a manufacturer of a luxury sports car based in Italy. Under this partnership, both companies would focus on offering digital cockpit development across Ferrari’s vehicle lines.
- Sep-2022: Renesas Electronics Corporation collaborated with VinFast, Vietnam’s first global EV maker. Following this collaboration, both companies aim to include automotive technology development of electric vehicles (EVs) and the availability of system components.
- Jul-2022: STMicroelectronics signed an agreement with GlobalFoundries, Inc., a manufacturer of semiconductors. Under this agreement, companies would build a jointly operated 300mm semiconductor manufacturing unit close to ST's existing 300mm facility in Crolles, France.
- Jun-2022: Intel teamed up with Vingroup, a company primarily engaged in Real Estate across Vietnam. The collaboration aims to develop 5G technology for a spectrum of industries in the rapidly developing Southeast Asian country, primarily in the sector of electric vehicle production.
- Jun-2022: Renesas Electronics Corporation partnered with Tata Motors Ltd. and Tejas Networks Ltd., the Tata group companies based in India. This alliance would aim to develop, design, and manufacturing Renesas’ semiconductor solutions for improving innovation throughout electronics systems for the emerging and Indian markets. Additionally, companies would focus on the development of semiconductor solutions to propel better technologies in IoT, 5G Systems, and Automotive.
- Jan-2022: Robert Bosch GmbH collaborated with IRP Systems, a leading provider of cutting-edge electric powertrain solutions for e-mobility. Under this collaboration, Robert Bosch GmbH would be able to take part in complementary e-mobility markets and strengthen its position as a prime player in the electronic manufacturing sector.
- Dec-2021: NXP Semiconductors N.V. partnered with Foxconn Industrial Internet Ltd., a company owned by the Foxconn group. This partnership would aim to transform the car into the ultimate edge device. Moreover, NXP would offer FII its complete suite of automotive technologies.
- Nov-2021: NXP Semiconductors teamed up with the Ford Motor Company, an automobile manufacturing company. With this collaboration, companies would aim to offer enhanced driver experience, services, and convenience in their global fleet of vehicles, consisting of 2021 Ford F-150 pickup, Mustang Mach-E, and Bronco SUVs.
- Aug-2021: Mobileye, an Intel company, partnered with ZEEKR, the premium electric mobility technology brand from Geely Holding Group. Following this partnership, companies would release the most highly advanced safety technology available in the market for intelligent advanced vehicles.
- Apr-2021: Eurotech collaborated with Exosite, an Internet of Things (IoT) platform that makes it simple to create connected products, solutions, and businesses. This collaboration allows and eases industrial IoT adoption from edge to cloud. Moreover, the alliance aims to integrate Exosite’s ExoSense condition monitoring application with Eurotech’s industrial IoT Edge abilities.
- Feb-2021: Robert Bosch came into collaboration with Microsoft, an Information technology company, to develop a software platform to smoothly connect cars to the cloud. The collaboration aims to ease and boost the development and classification of vehicle software across a car's lifetime by automotive quality standards. The latest platform would be on Bosch's software modules and Microsoft Azure, which would allow the software to be developed and installed on the control units and vehicle computers.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Mar-2023: STMicroelectronics announced the launch of STM32WBA52 microcontrollers, integrating Bluetooth® LE 5.3 connectivity with ultra-low-power modes, advanced security, and a wide selection of peripherals. The product simplifies the next step for IoT developers looking for adding wireless, cut power, strengthening cyber-protection, and accelerating processing on the edge.
- Oct-2022: Infineon Technologies AG introduced the XENSIV™ connected sensor kit, the latest IoT sensor platform for quick prototyping and development of customized IoT solutions. The integration of sensors, microcontrollers, and secure connectivity is one of its customer's largest challenges. Also, the company developed a connected sensor kit for quick prototyping of connected IoT sensors.
- Oct-2022: NXP released OrangeBox, an automotive connectivity controller development platform for software-defined secure cars. The launched platform offers a unified connectivity domain that allows all external wireless connections to the car to be managed through a single subsystem.
- Jan-2022: NXP Semiconductors unveiled IW612, a tri-radio device that supports Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, and 802.15.4 protocols. The latest product allows smooth, secure connectivity for automotive, industrial use, and smart home use cases and supports the latest groundbreaking Matter connectivity protocol.
- Dec-2021: Renesas Electronics Corporation rolled out the new RL78/F24 and RL78/F23, the two new microcontrollers developed for automotive actuator and sensor control applications supporting edge evolution in modern electronic and electrical (E/E) architecture. The launched products broaden its company's R78 series of low-power 16-bit MCUs and strengthen its wide range of automotive offerings, providing customers with high-performance, highly reliable solutions for systems ranging from zone control to actuators.
» Geographical Expansions:
- Apr-2023: Harman expanded its geographical footprint by opening an Automotive Engineering Centre in Tamil Nadu, India. With this facility, Harman aims to become the leading automotive supplier providing high-quality cabin experiences.
- Oct-2022: Infineon established a new facility in Cegléd, Hungary, fully committed to testing and assembly of high-power semiconductor modules. The new facility enables the company to cater to the evolving demands for electro mobility applications.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Connectivity Form
By Communication Type
- In-vehicle Communication
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication
- Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Communication
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Intel Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- TomTom N.V.
- Harman International Industries, Inc. (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.)
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- EUROTECH S.p.A.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
North America Automotive IoT Market Report 2023-2029
Europe Automotive IoT Market Report 2023-2029
Asia Pacific Automotive IoT Market Report 2023-2029
What would be the size of this market by 2029?
The Market size is projected to reach USD 340.8 billion by 2029.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in this market?
Integration of predictive maintenance platform with vehicles are driving the market in coming years, however,Inadequate infrastructure to support connected vehicles' efficient functioning restraints the growth of the market.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Intel Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, NXP Semiconductors N.V., STMicroelectronics N.V., Infineon Technologies AG, Texas Instruments, Inc., TomTom N.V., Harman International Industries, Inc. (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.), Renesas Electronics Corporation and EUROTECH S.p.A.
Which segment shows a high revenue share of this market in 2022?
The Embedded segment acquired maximum revenue share in the Global Automotive IoT Market by Connectivity Form in 2022 thereby, achieving a market value of $148.1 billion by 2029.
Which segment is leading the market in 2022?
The In-vehicle Communication segment is leading the Market by Communication Type in 2022 thereby, achieving a market value of $148.8 billion by 2029.
Which region dominated the market in 2022?
The North America market dominated the Market by Region in 2022, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2029; thereby, achieving a market value of $116.5 billion by 2029.