Global Automotive Data Logger Market By Application (Post-Sales and Pre-Sales), By Connection Type (USB & SD Card and Bluetooth/Wi-Fi), By Channels (CAN & CAN FD, LIN, Ethernet and Others), By End User (Service Stations & Government Bodies and OEM's), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Automotive Data Logger Market
The Global Automotive Data Logger Market size is expected to reach $4.3 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 6.6% CAGR during the forecast period. An electronic instrument that records estimations or events at definite intervals and at a certain period of time is termed as Data logger. They are implemented in automobiles as an automotive data logger to assure the safety of the people and vehicles. The demand for data logger is influenced by the rising traffic on road due to the advancement in technology and the increasing number of the vehicle. It creates a necessity to meet the complicated electronic architecture in modern ICEs and electronic vehicles because of the strict emission regulations, the increasing number of luxury vehicles and their implanted features.
Technological advancements help the automotive industry to optimize different functions in automobiles. The automotive data logger is used for many purposes that involve simple performance evaluation to the complex development of new applications. The increasing implementation of technologically advanced solutions in the automotive industry for observing different factors of automobiles like vibration, temperature, shock, acceleration and more have optimized the security of vehicles and the people. Expansion in the uses of electric vehicles and increasing demand for autonomous vehicle testing by using the advance electronic architecture in modern vehicles are mainly boosting the automotive data logger market. Although, the high cost of data acquisition systems and the absence of skilled labour for installation and maintenance of data loggers are restricting the growth of the global automotive data logger market during the forecast period.
By End User
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Service Stations & Government Bodies and OEM's. The category of regulatory bodies will grow tremendously because of the industry’s priority to manufacture self-driving cars and environment-friendly vehicles. Therefore, the older regulation needs to be updated and many new laws should be created. So, for this, the governing bodies need to understand the working of the latest vehicles properly, and for that data, loggers are broadly utilized at the test centers of regulatory bodies.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Post-Sales and Pre-Sales. Post- Sales Application is further segmented into ADAS & Safety, Fleet Management, Automotive Insurance and Others. The segment of pre-sales application is increasing at a pace because data loggers are majorly used in the automotive industry at pre-sale stage due to their easy use, reliability, and understandability reliability of the collected information. They remarkably lower down the efforts of OEMs during the lab testing and on-road testing and also decrease their go-to-market time for the latest products and technologies.
By Connection Type
Based on Connection Type, the market is segmented into USB & SD Card and Bluetooth/Wi-Fi. The Bluetooth/Wi-Fi category shows promising growth during the forecast period nowadays. However, the SD card segment is estimated to witness a rise in the growth of the market as it is convenient, inexpensive, and reduces the possibility of data loss.
Based on Channels, the market is segmented into CAN & CAN FD, LIN, Ethernet and Others. The ethernet group is forecasted to expand at a higher CAGR in the future years due to the rapid data transfer speed. The increasing adoption of autonomous vehicles is one of the factors that will contribute to the growth of the segment during the review period.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 3 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 4.3 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.6% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||292|
|Number of Tables||524|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Analysis|
|Segments covered||Application, Connection Type, Channels, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Automotive Data Logger Market to reach a market size of $4.3 Billion by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America emerged as a dominant region in the global market. It is estimated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Some factors like technological innovations and the initial adoption are estimated to boost the demand for automotive data loggers in these regions.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Automotive Data Logger Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisition and Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is the major forerunner in the Automotive Data Logger Market. Companies such as National Instruments Corporation, TTTech Group, Continental AG, Aptiv PLC, and Xilinx, Inc. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group), National Instruments Corporation, Continental AG, Aptiv PLC, Xilinx, Inc., Moog, Inc., Horiba Ltd., Racelogic Ltd., Autel Intelligent Technology Corp., Ltd. and TTTech Group.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Automotive Data Logger Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2020: Autel came into partnership with AirData UAV, the largest online drone fleet data management and live streaming platform. This partnership aimed to fulfill the requirements of Autel Pilots across the USA. Autel pilots can reduce the risk in flying and managing Autel Evo II drones and fleets.
- Aug-2020: Xilinx partnered with Ouster, an American lidar technology company. This partnership allowed Xilinx to develop a complete solution that can be applied not only for automotive but potentially thousands of other applications. It also integrated sensors and the control platform to detect, identify, and understand.
- Mar-2020: Continental partnered with Luokung Technology Corp and eMapgo Technologies. Under this partnership, the companies use each other's respective advantages, promote in-depth cooperation in the areas of China's smart city, smart mobility, and connected vehicle services, etc.
- Feb-2019: Continental collaborated with Hewlett Packard Enterprise, an American multinational enterprise information technology company. Under this partnership, the companies launched a new platform for sharing vehicle data. The platform offers data sovereignty, security, transparency, and efficiency to overcome the barriers of sharing vehicle data.
- Mar-2018: TTTech signed a partnership agreement with SAIC Motor Corporation, a Chinese state-owned automotive design, and manufacturing company. This partnership consolidated SAIC Group’s first-mover advantage in intelligent driving technology and assured that its own brand of intelligent driving cars be the first mass production in China.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Jun-2020: National Instruments Corporation took over OptimalPlus, a global leader in data analytics software for the semiconductor, automotive, and electronics industries. Under this acquisition, NI expanded its capabilities to offer customers with business-critical insights through advanced product analytics across their product development flow and supply chain.
- Jan-2020: TTTech Auto completed the acquisition of Red Pine Software, a Turkish software company. This acquisition increased TTTech's software development capacities for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Automated Driving (AD) series development projects featuring its flagship product MotionWise.
- Feb-2019: Continental acquired Kathrein Automotive GmbH, one of the leading specialists and manufacturers of antennas in vehicles. This acquisition strengthened Continental's business in a key technology of networked mobility, where considerable market growth is estimated.
- Oct-2018: Samsung acquired Zhilabs, known for its Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based network and service analytics. This acquisition helped Samsung to foster its 5G offerings of automation and network analytics to finely tune the customer experiences in the 5G era.
- Aug-2018: Horiba acquired FuelCon AG, a manufacturer, and supplier of R&D and EOL testbeds. The acquisition allowed Horiba to offer a comprehensive suite of test and development solutions across battery and fuel cell lifecycles. It also helped Horiba to increase its access to the growing global market requirement for E-Mobility solutions and capitalized on the growing demand for validation technologies.
- Jan-2017: Delphi Automotive PLC took over Movimento, a leading provider of Over-the-Air (OTA) software lifecycle and data management for the automotive sector. This acquisition strengthened Delphi's position as a leading end-to-end systems and software provider to the industry as vehicle connectivity becomes increasingly ubiquitous.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Sep-2019: Racelogic launched VBOX Touch, the highly flexible, enhanced accuracy GNSS data loggers. The VBOX Touch comes preloaded with sophisticated performance applications that cover many common use cases, and other applications that may be downloaded free of charge from Racelogic’s online library.
- Jun-2018: TTTech launched a future-proof solution for vehicle testing and validation of automotive networks at the Automotive Testing Expo in Stuttgart, Germany. It fulfills all requirements for logging modern networking architectures in vehicles.
- May-2018: National Instruments introduced FlexLogger software. This software provides an intuitive workflow and integrated data management environment for automotive and other test applications. It facilitates test configuration and key data extraction through sensor type-specific workflows to acquire and record synchronized and mixed measurements without programming.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- ADAS & Safety
- Fleet Management
- Automotive Insurance
By Connection Type
- USB & SD Card
- CAN & CAN FD
By End User
- Service Stations & Government Bodies
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group)
- National Instruments Corporation
- Continental AG
- Aptiv PLC
- Xilinx, Inc.
- Moog, Inc.
- Horiba Ltd.
- Racelogic Ltd.
- Autel Intelligent Technology Corp., Ltd.
- TTTech Group
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Automotive Data Logger Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of automotive data logger market by 2026?
The global automotive data logger market size is expected to reach $4.3 billion by 2026.
What are the factors that anticipated to drive automotive data logger market trends?
There are several reason that cause high demand of this market one of them is rising electronic architecture in the latest vehicles.
Which segment shows biggest market share of the automotive data logger market in 2019?
The ADAS & safety segment is estimated to be the biggest market in the segment of the post-sales application.
Who are the leading players in automotive data logger market?
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Samsung Group), National Instruments Corporation, Continental AG, Aptiv PLC, Xilinx, Inc., Moog, Inc., Horiba Ltd., Racelogic Ltd., Autel Intelligent Technology Corp., Ltd. and TTTech Group.
Which region dominated the automotive data logger market in 2019?
The North America market dominated the Global Automotive Data Logger Market by Region 2019.