Global Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market By Type (Tempered, Laminated and Others) By Application (Windscreen, Sidelite, Backlite and Others) By Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicle and Heavy Commercial Vehicle) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market
Market Report Description
The Global Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market size is expected to reach $4.4 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 4.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Automotive glass protects the passengers as well as the structure of a vehicle by keeping them safe from external obstacles. It is engineered with emerging innovative features such as protection from external temperature changes, better visibility, and external noise. Research activities that involve vehicle aerodynamics are meant to improve the operating speed and these have led to several advanced designs. It helps to further enhance the product demand. Constant innovations in automotive glass features have enhanced the overall value and operational optimization.
Global Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market Size
Technological innovations in the automotive industry help attain maximum fuel effectiveness and passenger safety. This has compelled the manufacturers to get involved in thorough R&D, which is projected to fuel the automotive aftermarket glass growth. Lightweight properties and improved security are prominent factors that are increasing product penetration in the industry. The North American and European markets are the leading regions and are coining on the technology in the automotive glass sector, like smart glass. Smart glass products feature value-added functions like improving driving comfort, efficiency, and safety through head-up displays (HUDs). These factors are also driving the market. Some of the key players in the market include Fuyao, Asahi Glass, Saint-Gobain, Benson Auto Glass, and others.
Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market Share
The rapid adoption of sunroof glass, specifically in high-end vehicles, is expected to cause a positive impact on the growth of the automotive glass market. Presently, consumers have shown their preference toward a sunroof in the car, which has increased the adoption rate of glass. Installing sunroof is not only limited to the luxury car segment but has also been introduced to other segments by car manufacturers like Toyota and Honda. Additionally, innovations in vehicle designs have increased the size of the windshield and side windows, thereby leading to the overall industry development.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Tempered, Laminated and Others. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Windscreen, Sidelite, Backlite and Others. Based on Vehicle Type, the market is segmented into Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicle and Heavy Commercial Vehicle. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market to reach a market size of $4.4 billion by 2025
Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market Cardinal Matrix
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Expansions and Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Magna International, Inc., Corning, Inc., Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd., Saint-Gobain Group, and AGC, Inc. are some of the forerunners in the Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market. The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Corning, Inc., Saint-Gobain Group, Magna International, Inc., Gentex Corporation, and Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd., Guardian Industries Corporation (Koch Industries), Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd., Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited, AGC, Inc., and Webasto Group.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Jan-2020: Corning came into partnership with LG, electronics giant and Visteon, a leader in automotive electronics technology. The partnership is aimed at deploying curved automotive interior glass solutions. The partnership would attract demand for gorilla glass and other fiber optics products.
- Jun-2019: AGC Automotive Europe signed a franchise agreement with Belron, a VGRR Group. In this agreement, AGC has 37 VGRR locations in Poland that operate under the NordGlass brand and 19 VGRR locations in the Czech Republic that operate under AG Experts brand and would now operate under the Belron brand.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Jan-2019: Fuyao Glass Europe signed a definitive agreement to acquire SAM Automotive with Dr. HolgerLeichtle, an assignee in bankruptcy for SAM. The acquired assets include materials, equipment, industrial tools, and products.
- Jan-2017: AGC acquired Dan-Glas, a distributor of automotive replacement glass. The acquisition expands its reach to Denmark.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Sep-2018: Guardian Glass Europe introduced SunGuard® SuperNeutral™ (SN) 63, a double-silver coated solar control glass with grey, neutral appearance. This glass provides high-light transmission, excellent solar control, thermal insulation, very low external reflection, neutral & low internal reflection, etc.
- Jan-2018: Guardian Glass launched SunGuard® SuperNeutral® (SN) series of coated glass products to extend its Middle East product line portfolio. The new series has been designed following quality standards and the highest safety.
- Dec-2019: Guardian Glass expanded its geographical footprints to the Asia Pacific by opening a new facility in Bangkok. The new facility allows the company to serve its regional customers more efficiently and effectively. It also offers the customers with more integrated experience by providing a single customer service team rather than communicating directly with individual Guardian Glass plants.
- Sep-2019: AGC announced that it is opening a new plant in AGC Automotive (Suzhou) Inc. The new plant is aimed at producing large 3D/complex-shaped cover glass for car-mounted displays.
- Jan-2019: Saint-Gobain opened a new flat glass production facility in Sriperumbudur, near Chennai, India. This facility was marked as its fifth plant in India. The facility manufactures clear, tinted and solar-control reflective glass and serves the domestic demand.
- Jul-2018: Corning made an investment in its existing production facility in China for its automotive glass solutions business. The facility is located at Hefei Xinzhan Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone in the Anhui Province of China and it started producing the gorilla glass for automotive interiors.
- May-2018: Nippon Glass Sheet invested in its production capacity of online TCO (transparent conductive oxide) coated glass for supporting the solar market. The expansion was aimed at accelerating the shift in the portfolio of the company.
Scope of the Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market Analysis
By Vehicle Type
- Passenger Car
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Corning, Inc.
- Saint-Gobain Group
- Magna International, Inc.
- Gentex Corporation
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Guardian Industries Corporation (Koch Industries)
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited
- AGC, Inc.
- Webasto Group
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Automotive Aftermarket Glass Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of automotive aftermarket glass market in 2025?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, The global automotive aftermarket glass market size is expected to reach $4.4 billion by 2025.
What are the key factors drive automotive aftermarket glass industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the automotive aftermarket glass industry include increasing cases of road traffic accidents across the world, passenger cars to dominate automotive glass market demand, high vehicle production.
Which are the top market players in the automotive aftermarket glass industry?
Some of the key industry players are Corning, Inc., Saint-Gobain Group, Magna International, Inc., Gentex Corporation, and Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd., Guardian Industries Corporation (Koch Industries), Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd., Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited, AGC, Inc., and Webasto Group.