Global Automatic Tire Inflation System Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By Sales Channel, By Vehicle Type, By Type, By Component, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2022 - 2028
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Automatic Tire Inflation System Market
Market Report Description
The Global Automatic Tire Inflation System Market size is expected to reach $123.4 million by 2028, rising at a Market growth of 12.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
The automatic tire inflation system (ATIS) inflates the car tires automatically whenever the internal pressure falls under a pre-set level. By providing enough air in each wheel, the upgraded automatic tire inflation system can improve tire efficiency, boost the fuel efficiency of the vehicle, and minimize tire wear. When the weight on the vehicle increases, the automatic tire inflation system increases the tire pressure in each tire, and when the load on the automobile falls, the tire pressure decreases.
The adjustment of air pressure on the inside of a tire is referred to as tire inflation. When driving a car safely, the appropriate inflation of a tire is critical. This modern tire inflation system aids in the maintenance of proper tire pressure, which varies based on vehicle type, load, tire size and type, and road condition. These are used to inflate and deflate the tires when their pressures are below or above the appropriate levels for the cars in question. This reduces the time it takes to inflate and deflate tires, as well as the time it takes to conduct vehicle roadside inspections.
The automatic tire inflation system Market is being driven by an increase in demand for the system, particularly in emerging nations, due to many advantages such as improved fuel efficiency and tire life span, as well as the growth of vehicle automation. The automatic tire inflation system Market is expected to develop due to rising concerns about vehicle safety and an increasing rate of adoption of autonomous systems, which are known to save time for tire inflation and deflation operations while also lowering repair costs.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The automotive industry is critical to the development of an economy. During the second and third quarters of 2020, however, the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the whole automotive supply chain. Due to lockdowns and shutdowns of industrial facilities in various regions of the world enforced by the governments, the pandemic posed an unpredictable recovery path for the industry. During COVID-19, the automotive sector faced four key challenges: a shortage of car parts, a drop in new vehicle sales, the closure of manufacturing sites, and a drop in working capital. Since the automatic tire inflation system Market is reliant on car production, the pandemic is expected to have a negative impact on the Market .
Market driving Factors:
Amalgamation with Telematics
Telematics is made up of two components: technology and informatics. Advanced tracking systems and sensors installed in vehicles that send, receive and store telemetry data on vehicular activities are referred to as telematics. It relies on its own onboard diagnostics systems to function (ODBI). ODBI increases safety and reduces the possibility of cost tampering by vehicle drivers. In the eyes of adventure travelers and transportation, travel firms, telematics benefits make vehicle automatic tire inflation system (ATIS) more appealing to boost efficiency.
In addition, mounting concerns about road safety and tight rules enforced by governments throughout the world are forcing car owners to install an integrated automatic tire inflation system.
Rising Popularity of SUVs
Due to advances in technology, the global automotive sector is quickly expanding. The corporations are concentrating their efforts on facilitating comprehensive tire research and development in order to improve the frictional resistance of tire goods. The automatic tire inflation system Market is primarily driven by rising R&D-based activities by the manufacturers. With the simple stroke of a button, the driver can optimize tire inflation pressure while working on various terrains from the cab. When driving in soft soil terrain, lowering tire pressure results in a larger tire footprint, which provides improved flotation and traction. Although ATIS is frequently used in conjunction with all-wheel drive, however, even when used with non-all-wheel-drive vehicles, it can surpass all-wheel drive in certain soft soil circumstances.
Market ing Restraining Factor:
Not Compatible With Airless and Nitrogen Inflated Tires
The automated tire inflation mechanism does not work with tubeless or nitrogen tires. Nitrogen tires provide advantages such as improved fuel efficiency, reduced rolling resistance, and IPLR, all of which contribute to a longer vehicle service life. Nitrogen tires are becoming more popular as a result of a growing number of tire manufacturers opting for nitrogen as an inflation gas. Nitrogen as an inflating gas in tires is supported by renowned tire manufacturers such as Goodyear (US) and Continental (Germany). Inflating tires with nitrogen enhance steering, handling, and braking, minimizes tire oxidation, removes interior wheel corrosion, lowers running temperatures, and reduces tire pressure monitoring system false alarms.
Sales Channel Outlook
Based on Sales Channel, the Market is segmented into OEM, and AfterMarket . The after-marketsegment witnessed a substantial revenue share in the automatic tire inflation system Market in 2021. Automobile tire inflation systems have been on the Market for four or five decades, but only recently have they achieved favor in commercial vehicles. Commercial fleet operators and fleet owners have been unable to integrate these technologies on their vehicles due to high implementation costs and worries about quick ROI until two or three years ago. However, as traffic safety laws and emission standards from numerous environmental protection agencies around the world become more stringent, the pressure on vehicle owners to integrate advanced technological solutions that can provide visibility into the vehicle's mechanisms has become a requirement. Thus the demand for implementing ATIS in commercial vehicles is bound to increase.
Vehicle Type Outlook
Based on Vehicle Type, the Market is segmented into On-Highway Vehicle (Light Duty Vehicle, and Heavy-Duty Vehicle), Off-Highway Vehicle (Construction Vehicle, and Agriculture tractors), and Electric Vehicles (Battery Electric Vehicle, Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle, and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle). The on-highway vehicle segment acquired the largest revenue share in the automatic tire inflation system Market in 2021. The on-highway segment includes light and heavy-duty vehicles which are used to transport people and goods.
Based on Type, the Market is segmented into Central Tire Inflation System, and Continuous Tire Inflation System. The continuous tire inflation system witnessed a substantial revenue share of the automatic tire inflation system Market in 2021. Continuous tire inflation systems are often used on trailers to maintain correct tire pressure. They're usually seen in vocational or straight truck applications. Tires are designed to operate at a certain pressure. Continuous tire inflation methods keep the pressure constant. Climate variations cause the tire to expand and compress, yet the pressure remains constant.
Based on Component, the Market is segmented into ECU System, Compressor, Pressure Sensor, Rotary Union, Air Delivery System, Housing, and Others. The ECU segment acquired the largest revenue share in the automatic tire inflation system Market in 2021. In terms of value, the ECU, which is a key component of autonomous tire inflation, is expected to be the largest segment. It is used to control the automatic tire inflation system's pressure sensor. Its role is to direct the pressure sensor in calculating how much air is required to inflate the tires. The ECU is more expensive than any other part of the automatic tire inflation system. Manufacturers of ECUs are now focused on economies of scale to reduce costs. The automatic tire inflation system Market will benefit from lower prices.
|Market size value in 2021||USD 55.6 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2028||USD 123.4 Million|
|Historical Period||2018 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2028|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 12.4% from 2022 to 2028|
|Number of Pages||407|
|Number of Tables||709|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Sales Channel, Vehicle Type, Type, Component, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The North America region acquired the largest revenue share in the automatic tire inflation system Market and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The United States is the world leading producer of light commercial vehicles. The Market for automatic tire inflation systems for all vehicle types is predicted to increase in the future years in the region. In fact, the US has one of the world most advanced highway networks. Thus, cars and trucks are the preferred mode of transport in the country. As gas prices in the country rises to exorbitant levels, the deployment of automatic tire inflation systems is expected to grow because of the increased fuel efficiency they provide.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Automatic Tire Inflation System Market size to reach USD 123.4 Million by 2028
The Market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the Market . Key companies profiled in the report include The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Meritor, Inc., SAF-Holland SE, Michelin, Dana Incorporated, EnPro Industries, Inc., IDEX Corporation, Hendrickson USA, LLC (The Boler Company), Haltec Corporation, and ti.systems GmbH.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Automatic Tire Inflation System Market
- Mar-2022: Meritor entered into an agreement with Consolidated Metco, a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. As per the agreement, Meritor would manufacture purpose-built trailer tire inflation systems, and suspensions and brakes to work with ConMet's PreSet PluseHub. Meritor is remaking its trailer suspension and drum brake, keeping in mind the compatibility aspect with ConMet's eHub. Both the companies will together examine the deployment of advanced technologies, which serve the developing e-mobility Market trends.
- Feb-2022: Meritor extended their agreement with Wabash, an American diversified industrial manufacturing company. Meritor loose axles would remain as the standard equipment as per the recently signed agreement. All Wabash configurations would have Meritor Tire Inflation System as the preferred option. Additionally, Meritor's lightweight MTA-Tec6 and MPA suspensions, EX+ LS air disc brakes, and automatic slack adjusters will be accessible as data book alternatives.
- Sep-2021: Hendrickson Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems introduced TireMaax Pro-LB, its latest installation of the tire pressure control system. This updated system would improve on the previous generation technology of TireMaax Pro. It relieves, equalizes, and inflates tire pressures throughout all wheel positions and additionally adjusts load-based pressure. A load-based tire pressure control system leads to a reduction in tire wear without negatively impacting the fuel efficiency of the vehicle, by enabling optimal tire pressure.
- Jul-2021: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company completed the acquisition of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, a firm that focuses on the design, production, Market ing, and sales of replacement automobile and truck tires. The acquisition would brought together two complementary brand portfolios with an intensive offering through the value spectrum. In addition, Goodyear would garner substantial, immediate, and long-term financial rewards through the acquisition. The acquisition also created a chance to make additional value from both manufacturing and distribution.
- Mar-2021: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company joined hands with Voyomotive, a company specializing in connected car technology. The collaboration aimed to develop tire monitoring solutions for the more optimal operation of vehicles in the United States. The Goodyear-enabled service would record and examine relevant tire performance data to ascertain slow loss of tire pressure many days before the TPMS light indicates and unresolved low tire pressure situations. The consumers are enabled to proactively rectify detected anomalies and establish optimal tire inflation by the solution, resulting in improved operational efficiency.
- Jan-2020: Meritor completed the acquisition of Transportation Power, a company based in California, USA. Through the addition of TransPower’s product line, Meritor would improve its M2022 priorities through high investment in next-generation technologies. In addition, it solidifies the worth of Meritor’s Blue Horizon brand, which represents the firm's developing platform of advanced technologies focused on electrification.
- Jan-2019: SAF-HOLLAND completed the acquisition of PressureGuard, an automatic tire pressure management company operating from Nashville, Tennessee. The acquisition aimed to give SAF-HOLLAND’s product portfolio for tire pressure systems in North America a strong foothold. It also would provide an important foundational component in advanced digital SMART products for trailer applications.
- Mar-2018: SAF Holland released the Tire Pilot Plus system, an automatic tire inflation system. The purpose of the system is to keep the consistent air pressure in multiple tires by resolving both over-and under-inflation issues, and informing the driver when a tire is in need of urgent attention. The Tire Pilot Plus is created to sustain preset pressure levels, a light that is typically mounted on a trailer within the sightlines of a side-view mirror alerts the driver that a tire required urgent attention if a tire goes 20 pounds per square inch under the preset level.
- Nov-2017: Michelin took over PTG and Téléflow, both the companies are key manufacturers of tire pressure control systems. This acquisition would permit Michelin to help optimize the agronomic and economic output of farmers whilst safeguarding soil, their most valuable asset. Additionally, this deal would indicate the transformation of MICHELIN Agriculture into becoming a total solutions provider for all facets around and beyond the tire's interaction with the ground from a mere manufacturer of agricultural tires.
- Sep-2017: Goodyear Tire & Rubber company took over Ventech Systems, an automatic tire inspection company. This acquisition aided in the growth of Goodyear Proactive Solutions’ commercial offerings with an optimal, intuitive closed-loop service allowing fleet operators to evaluate tire pressure, vehicle weight, and tread depth on all their vehicles every time they go in or out of their depot.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Sales Channel
By Vehicle Type
- On-Highway Vehicle
- Light Duty Vehicle
- Heavy Duty Vehicle
- Off-Highway Vehicle
- Construction Vehicle
- Agriculture tractors
- Electric Vehicles
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle
- Central Tire Inflation System
- Continuous Tire Inflation System
- ECU System
- Pressure Sensor
- Rotary Union
- Air Delivery System
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Meritor, Inc.
- SAF-Holland SE
- Dana Incorporated
- EnPro Industries, Inc.
- IDEX Corporation
- Hendrickson USA, LLC (The Boler Company)
- Haltec Corporation
- ti.systems GmbH
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of Market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free