Global Autoinjectors Market By Type (Disposable Autoinjectors and Reusable Autoinjectors), By Application (Anaphylaxis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and other Applications), By End Use (Hospitals & Clinics and Home care settings), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Autoinjectors Market
Market Report Description
The Global Autoinjectors Market size is expected to reach $5.3 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 17.6% CAGR during the forecast period. An autoinjector is a medical device consist of a syringe having a spring-charged needle containing a pre-charged dosage of drugs and is designed to administer a dose of a specific drug. These injectors were primarily designed to overcome the fear related to the needle-based drug delivery device used for self-administration.
The system activates and administers a measured amount of a drug when pushed into the body of the subject with a downward motion. Autoinjectors are extensively used for self-administration of epinephrine in order to prevent anaphylaxis. Epinephrine is taken by migraine sufferers to get immediate pain relief and also for other medical emergency treatments. Auto-injectors have multiple benefits including reducing needle-related phobia disorder, decreases the risks of needle jammed accidents, make sure dosage quality steadiness, and serving increase effectiveness.
The auto-injector market is likely to register considerable growth in the coming years, due to increased cases of anaphylaxis. In addition to it, there is a rapid rise in R&D efforts by manufacturing companies. These efforts are in direction to develop simple, cost-effective, and novel technology-based autoinjectors that can be used for the treatment of chronic diseases including rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis. Such developments are anticipated to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
By End Use
Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Hospitals & Clinics and Home care settings. The hospital segment is expected to grow at faster pace in the coming years due to a surge in the number of patients who are suffering from multiple sclerosis and anaphylaxis. Multiple sclerosis is very common in the U.S., Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. It affects more than 400,000 people alone in the U.S. and about 2.5 million people all across the globe.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Disposable autoinjectors and Reusable autoinjectors. The disposable autoinjectors segment had the largest share of the global market of autoinjectors in 2019. Disposable autoinjectors are preferred mostly owing to their ease of use and also the presence of the built-in glass syringe eliminates the necessity of manually filling the glass syringe, which makes it more suitable for patients with visual impairments or reduced dexterity.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Anaphylaxis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and other Applications. In 2019, Anaphylaxis segment had the largest share of the autoinjectors market. This is mainly accredited to its high occurrence. The growing incidence of rheumatoid arthritis also drives the demand for autoinjectors worldwide. As per the CDC, around 43.7 million adults which comprise 22.7% of the total population of the US are affected by some form of arthritis such as RA, lupus, gout, or fibromyalgia annually.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 1.7 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 5.3 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 17.6% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||205|
|Number of Tables||343|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Landscape|
|Segments covered||Type, Application, End Use, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Free Valuable Insights: Global Autoinjectors Market to reach a market size of $5.3 Billion by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The growth of the market in the Asia Pacific market is largely due to the large number of patients suffering from chronic allergies and diabetes as well as increasing healthcare expenditure. This in turn has drawn a number of key auto-injector device manufacturers to this region. These companies are showing more presence in the Asia Pacific market via several approaches, including partnering with local pharmaceutical companies and establishing sales offices. The growing occurrence of type 1 diabetes is expected to drive market growth.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Autoinjectors Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches and Partnerships. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Amgen, Inc., Biogen, Inc., and GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Company are the forerunners in the Auto-Injectors Market. Companies such as Sanofi S.A., Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Ypsomed AG, and Merck Group are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK), Merck Group, Sanofi S.A., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Amgen, Inc., Ypsomed AG, AbbVie, Inc. and Biogen, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Autoinjectors Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Nov-2020: Eli Lilly signed an agreement with Ypsomed. The agreement aimed to advance an automated insulin delivery system as a part of Lilly's connected diabetes solution. Under this agreement, Lilly commercialized the system that includes an insulin pump developed and manufactured by Ypsomed.
- Jun-2020: Teva collaborated with Schreiner MediPharm. The collaboration aims to develop an Auto injector-Label with special protection against abrasion for the allergy emergency drug epinephrine from Teva. The label developed by Schreiner MediPharm for Teva’s adrenaline injector provided with abrasion- and scratch-resistant reverse printing.
- Jul-2019: Teva Pharmaceutical collaborated with Ypsomed. The companies together introduced the drug product Copaxone, which is used for the treatment of patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
- Jun-2019: Sanofi entered into a partnership with Enable Injections. The partnership aimed to include multiple molecule development programs incorporating long-term manufacturing and supply arrangements.
- Jun-2018: AbbVie teamed up with Eisai. The companies aimed to launch the autoinjection delivery system for HUMIRA. HUMIRA, a pen-type auto-injector device developed to simplify the operation and reduce the burden on patients when performing self-injection.
- Jan-2018: Biogen collaborated with Eisai. The collaboration focused on the promotion of Biogen's multiple sclerosis treatments TECFIDERA, TYSABRI, and AVONEX in Japan.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Oct-2020: Sanofi introduced Tetraxim, a new booster vaccine. This booster vaccine combined four vaccines for reducing the number of injections, increasing comfort, and enhancing vaccination compliance for children. Tetraxim is indicated for preschoolers and offers protection against four major diseases namely diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and polio.
- Apr-2020: Teva Pharmaceuticals launched the auto-injector device for AJOVY injection in the U.S. AJOVY indicated the preventive treatment of migraine in adults and the only anti-CGRP preventive migraine treatment with quarterly and monthly subcutaneous dosing options.
- Oct-2019: Becton, Dickinson, and Company introduced the BD Intevi 1mL two-step disposable auto-injector. The auto-injector is a two-step push-on-skin device that is designed to effectively and safely inject various drugs of different viscosities up to 35cP and different fill volumes up to 1mL.
- Aug-2019: Teva Pharmaceutical launched an FDA-approved generic version of EpiPen Jr 1 Auto-Injector, 0.15 mg, in the U.S.
- Jan-2020: Sanofi got the approval of a 300 mg single-dose pre-filled pen for Dupixent by the S. Food and Drug Administration. The new pre-filled pen provided patients with a more convenient option for administering Dupixent.
- Jan-2020: Teva Pharmaceutical received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Ajovy, an auto-injector for its migraine-treatment drug.
- Jun-2019: GlaxoSmithKline got approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for two new methods for administering Nucala (mepolizumab). Nucala is an auto-injector and a pre-filled safety syringe, for patients or caregivers to administer once every four weeks, after discussing it with healthcare professionals.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Disposable Autoinjectors
- Reusable Autoinjectors
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other Applications
By End Use
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Home care settings
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Eli Lilly and Company
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK)
- Merck Group
- Sanofi S.A.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Ypsomed AG
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Biogen, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Autoinjectors Market Related Reports:
How valuable the autoinjectors market be in the future?
The autoinjectors market size is projected to reach USD 5.3 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive autoinjectors industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the autoinjectors industry include increasing prevalence of anaphylaxis.
Which segment shows high revenue share of the autoinjectors market in 2019?
The home care settings segment had the largest market share in the year 2019 and can largely be credited to the swift growth in the geriatric population in the world and the increasing requirement for cost-effective administration of drugs.
Who are the leading players in autoinjectors market?
Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK), Merck Group, Sanofi S.A., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Amgen, Inc., Ypsomed AG, AbbVie, Inc. and Biogen, Inc.