Global Antiseptics and Disinfectants Market By Sales Channel (B2B and FMCG), By End Use (Hospitals, Clinicals and Other End-use), By Product (Medical Device Disinfectants, Surface Disinfectants and Enzymatic Cleaners), By Type (Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, Alcohols & Aldehyde Products, Chlorine Compounds, Enzyme and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Antiseptics and Disinfectants Market
Market Report Description
The Global Antiseptics and Disinfectants Market size is expected to reach $89.6 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 21.2% CAGR during the forecast period. Antiseptics and disinfectants are considered as those agents that are anti-infective & non-selective, which can be applied topically. The purpose of these agents is to kill and reduce the microorganisms on the applied areas within the safer health limit.
Normally, antiseptics are used on tissues to prevent any kind of microorganisms which can cause infections. Disinfectant agents refer to the germ-killing compounds that are used on non-living surfaces or things. In certain cases, a single compound can act as an antiseptic and a disinfectant, which totally depends on the concentration of the drug, the number of organisms, exposure condition, and others. It is highly important to use an appropriate proportion of drugs and compounds in these antiseptics & disinfectants to gain maximum effectiveness for its intended purpose.
There are many chemical agents like biocides, which are used in antiseptics & disinfectants to kill microorganisms. Disinfectants are used on non-living objects like doorknob, table surface, etc., however, antiseptics are used on any living body to kill microorganisms. The common agent used in antiseptics & disinfectants is hydrogen peroxide. Both the antiseptics & disinfectants contain Chloroxylenol, which is active against gram-positive bacteria. These chemicals are widely utilized in the major sectors like healthcare, food, and others.
Sales Channel Outlook
Based on Sales Channel, the market is segmented into B2B and FMCG. The B2B category acquired the maximum market share in 2019. In this, organizations directly sell these products to other companies & not to the consumers. B2B distribution channel possesses longer sales cycles and higher-order values and is expected to record a low rate of growth during the forecast period due to the barriers on an entry in the B2B business. Additionally, these barriers include the absence of substantial investments in order to develop technologically improved products and challenges regarding coordinating with numerous providers.
End Use Outlook
Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Clinicals and Other End-use. The rising number of hospitals and surgical procedures are among the main drivers of the segment growth during the forecast period. It is necessary to maintain proper hygiene and sanitation to promote a healthy environment in the hospitals. Moreover, rising cases of hospital-acquired infections are expected to boost the demand for antiseptics and disinfectants. Thus, this segment is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Medical Device Disinfectants, Surface Disinfectants and Enzymatic Cleaners. The enzymatic cleaners segment would exhibit the highest growth rate during the forecast period. These cleaners are mostly utilized in eliminating odor and are very effective on infected surfaces. Enzymatic cleaners are widely used in healthcare centers like clinics and hospitals for killing all the infectious microbes from the surfaces, testing kits, and surgery equipment. The rising number of hospital-acquired infection cases along with the number of surgical processes is the main factor that drives the growth of the segment.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 20.8 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 89.6 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 21.2% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||261|
|Number of Tables||450|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Sales Channel, End Use, Product, Type, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, Alcohols & Aldehyde Products, Chlorine Compounds, Enzyme and Others. By product type, the quaternary ammonium compounds category procured the maximum revenue share in the antiseptics and disinfectants market in 2019. It is estimated that this segment will maintain the similar trend during the forecast period. The Quaternary ammonium compounds are majorly used in labs and hospitals as surface cleaners. It also helps in reducing the spread of healthcare-associated infections in healthcare centers like hospitals and clinics. Additionally, it is also utilized for disinfecting medical tools or equipment, which comes directly into contact with skin.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Antiseptics and Disinfectants Market to reach a market size of $89.6 billion by 2026
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Growing cases of hospital-acquired infections, cholera, food poisoning, and typhoid are among the prime factors which will contribute to the growth of the market during the forecast period. Additionally, increasing awareness about maintaining home hygiene among people is also going to positively impact the antiseptics and disinfectants market in the Asia-Pacific region, which further helps in the market expansion.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include 3M Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Cardinal Health, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Johnson and Johnson, The Clorox Company, Novartis AG, S.C.Johnson and Son, Inc., and Bio-Cide International, Inc.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Antiseptics and Disinfectants Market
- Feb-2021: Reckitt Benckiser entered into a partnership with Grofers, one of India’s leading online grocery retailers. Following this partnership, the companies introduced Deliver Safe Program and also developed processes and protocols to fulfill the high standards of cleaning and disinfection making it a first for the Indian e-commerce industry.
- Jan-2021: Reckitt Benckiser partnered with Treebo Hotels, an Indian budget hotel chain. In this partnership, Treebo aimed to use Dettol products to accelerate the disinfection and hygiene levels of the hotel premises.
- Jul-2020: BD introduced the BD PurPrep patient preoperative skin preparation with a sterile solution. This solution is the first and single fully sterile povidone-iodine plus isopropyl alcohol single-use antiseptic skin preparation commercially accessible in the United States.
- Mar-2020: Reckitt Benckiser formed a partnership with Jumia, the leading e-commerce platform in Africa. The partnership aimed to help consumers to access hygienic products at low prices.
- Jan-2020: Reckitt Benckiser introduced Lizol cement floor cleaner, a new variant of its disinfectant brand Lizol. It is designed especially for cleaning, and eliminates stains from cement floors. Lizol cement floor cleaner has a 3-in-1 formula, which goes through the porous cement floors, dissolves and removes tough stains, and also removes 99.9 percent germs, and spread a pleasant fragrance.
- Dec-2019: Dettol, a Reckitt Benckiser brand launched Dettol Disinfectant Spray and also introduced the #CleanIsNotGermFree initiative that is a holistic, multi-touchpoint campaign. This campaign established the latest product as a one-stop solution for a germ-free home. Dettol's latest product is several purposes, one-stop solutions that are utilized on various surfaces to prevent it from 100 illness-causing germs.
- Dec-2020: Kimberly-Clark expanded its Corinth, Mississippi, manufacturing facility. This project added 150,000 square feet of manufacturing area and installed the latest technology to enhance the plant’s capacity and the plant would be able to manufacture nonwoven products.
- Nov-2020: 3M got the approval of its TB Quat Disinfectant Ready-to-Use cleaner by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The company claims that the cleaner is effective against the Covid-19 virus. The cleaner was tested by a third-party laboratory which confirmed the efficacy of the disinfectant against the virus with a 60-second contact time on hard, non-porous surfaces.
- Sep-2019: Johnson & Johnson unveiled ACUVUE RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS). The solution expanded the ACUVUE brand name beyond contact lenses, which enables exceptional disinfection and all-day comfort for reusable contact lens wearers.
- Jun-2019: Clorox Healthcare collaborated with HP, an American multinational information technology company. Under this collaboration, HP tested the compatibility of its HP Healthcare Edition products with Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes and developed to support infection prevention protocols.
- Apr-2019: STERIS introduced Spor-Klenz Ready to Use Disinfectant Wipes to its product portfolio for cleanroom disinfectant applications. Spor-Klenz Ready to Use Disinfectant Wipes utilizes an innovative system that integrates woven polyester wipes packaged with a different internal pouch that contains the Spor-Klenz Ready to Use formula.
- Jun-2018: Clorox Healthcare launched new Clorox Healthcare VersaSure Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes, an addition to its portfolio of healthcare disinfectants. These wipes are the innovative, alcohol-free quat solution versatile enough to utilize on usual healthcare surfaces with the assurance of broad-spectrum disinfection.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By Sales Channel
- B2B and
- Other End-use
- Medical Device Disinfectants
- Surface Disinfectants
- Enzymatic Cleaners
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Alcohols & Aldehyde Products
- Chlorine Compounds
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- 3M Company
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Johnson and Johnson
- The Clorox Company
- Novartis AG
- S.C.Johnson and Son, Inc.
- Bio-Cide International, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Antiseptics and Disinfectants Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global antiseptics and disinfectants market by 2026?
The antiseptics and disinfectants market size is projected to reach USD 89.6 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive antiseptics and disinfectants industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the antiseptics and disinfectants industry include increasing usage of surface disinfectants.
Which segment shows largest market share of the antiseptics and disinfectants market in 2019?
By end-user, the hospital segment held the largest share of the antiseptics and disinfectants market in 2019.
Who are the leading players in antiseptics and disinfectants market?
3M Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Cardinal Health, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Johnson and Johnson, The Clorox Company, Novartis AG, S.C.Johnson and Son, Inc., and Bio-Cide International, Inc.
At what CAGR is the antiseptics and disinfectants market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of antiseptics and disinfectants market is 21.2% from 2020 to 2026.
Which region dominated the antiseptics and disinfectants market in 2019?
The North America market dominated the Global antiseptics and disinfectants Market by Region 2019.