Global Antimicrobial Coatings Market By Material (Metallic Coatings - Silver Coatings, Copper Coatings; Non-Metallic Coatings - Polymeric Coatings, Organic Coatings), Type (Orthopedic Implants, Cardiac Implants, Dental Implants, Neurovascular Implants)
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Antimicrobial Coatings Market
Market Report Description
The Global Antimicrobial Coatings Market size is expected to reach $2,186.8 million by 2024, rising at a market growth of 14.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Antibacterial coatings are overlay materials that restrict the growth of bacteria on the implants surface. Medical implants which are inserted internally have the potential to introduce bacterial infections; therefore, the need to replace the implants arises. Frequent replacement of implants would lead to excessive discomfort among patients; therefore, to prevent the bacterial infection, the medical implants are treated with antimicrobial agents, which are biocompatible, bio-stable, and nontoxic.
The factors driving the growth include the increasing awareness regarding hospital acquired infections (HAI’S), bacterial infections associated with implantable devices and rise in geriatric population. In addition, the rise in upgrading of healthcare facilities and increasing healthcare expenditure is adding boost to the market growth.
Global Antimicrobial Coatings Market Size
Based on material the Antimicrobial Coatings Market Size is segmented into
- Metallic coatings: The metallic coatings market dominated the Global antimicrobial coating Market by material in 2017, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2024 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 13.9% during (2018 - 2024).
- Non-metallic coatings
Based on type the market is segmented into
- Orthopedic Implants
- Cardiac Implants: The cardiac implants market dominated the Global antimicrobial coating Market by type in 2017, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2024 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 13.9% during (2018 - 2024).
- Dental Implants
- Neurovascular implants
- Other Type
Based on Regions, the Global antimicrobial coating market is segmented into
- North America (U.S, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria, Rest of LAMEA).
Global Antimicrobial Coatings Market Share
The Antimicrobial Coatings Market Analysis report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the Global antimicrobial coating Market. Key companies profiled in the report include include PPG Industries, Inc. AST Products, Inc., Biointeractions Ltd, Sciessent LLC, Specialty Coating Systems, Inc., BASF Corporation, Covalon Technologies Ltd., Koninklijke DSM N.V., DowDuPont and Hydromer, Inc.
Scope of the Antimicrobial Coatings Market Analysis
- Metallic Coatings
- Silver Coatings
- Copper Coatings
- Other Coatings
- Non-Metallic Coatings
- Polymeric Coatings
- Organic Coatings
- Orthopaedic Implants
- Cardiac Implants
- Dental Implants
- Neurovascular Implants
- Other Types
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- AST Products, Inc.
- Biointeractions Ltd
- Sciessent LLC
- Specialty Coating Systems, Inc.
- BASF Corporation,
- Covalon Technologies Ltd.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Hydromer, Inc.
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage of Antimicrobial Coatings Market Size
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free