Global Anesthesia Devices Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report By End User (Hospital, Clinics, and Ambulatory Service Centres), By Product, By Application, By Regional Outlook and Forecast, 2021 - 2027
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Anesthesia Devices Market
Market Report Description
The Global Anesthesia Device Market size is expected to reach $21.4 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 8.0% CAGR during the forecast period.
Anesthesia is a medical procedure used for controlling pain during surgery. This procedure is conducted with the help of anesthesia devices through pharmaceutical named anesthetics which lead to loss of sensation that includes paralysis, amnesia, and analgesia. These devices are used while conducting various surgical procedures like ophthalmology, cardiology, dental & neurology for sedation for managing pain and controlling blood pressure, blood flow, heart rate & rhythm, and breathing.
The needs for anesthesia monitoring devices depend on the surgery going on in the operation room. An anesthesia device must include continuous assessment through measuring ventilation, circulation, temperature & oxygenation of patients. There is a need for a high level of monitoring till the time patient completely recovers from the anesthesia. Due to the spread of various diseases, surgical procedures are rapidly increasing all over the globe.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has drastically affected the economy of the world. The pandemic situation has resulted in the reduction of hospital activities. Most of the healthcare centers cancelled their scheduled & elective surgeries due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases. As per the report of the British Journal of Surgery, around 585,000 elective surgeries were postponed and a large number of elective surgeries were cancelled across the world during the initial period of the COVID-19 situation.
The pandemic has led to disruption in chronic diseases management & patient monitoring. Many of the patients avoided visiting hospitals & surgeries were delayed. Additionally, the supply chains of final products and raw material anesthesia devices were disrupted due to restrictions over trade and the imposition of lockdown.
Market Growth Factors:
Increasing Aged Population
The number of aged people is continuously increasing across the world. Certain issues are associated with the aging of the musculoskeletal system which may result in changes in bones and soft tissues. The risk of fractures due to alteration in bone-like osteoporosis & osteomalacia and various other chronic diseases is more likely to happen in old age people. Osteoarthritis is one of the common musculoskeletal diseases found in the elder population.
In addition, hearing loss, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, dementia, cataracts & refractive errors, and many other diseases are commonly found in most old-aged persons. Also, aged people have more chances of complex health conditions which may contribute to serious internal injuries inside and even lead to death.
Advancement in technology
The rising advancement in technology, rapid urbanization, increased prevelance of certain serious health issues such as cardiovascular diseases, certain type of cancers, etc. is increasing the demand for better facilities in healthcare industry. Increasing investment in the healthcare sector by various private and government groups has resulted in the rising adoption of technologically advanced devices by various health care centers which not only eases their work but provides convenience to patients as well as the patients’ treatment would also surge the need for such medical products.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
Side effects of Anesthesia
General anesthesia has a number of side effects. The device used to keep airways open may cause sore throat, additionally; the airways device can also cause drowsiness, vision problems, dizziness, damage to teeth and various other issues. Even, general anesthesia also involves the risk of serious complications such as brain damage, heart attack, and stroke. This risk depends on various factors such as patients’ age, allergies, sex, present medical condition and the recent use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into Hospital, Clinics, and Ambulatory Service Centers. The hospital segment led the anesthesia device market with the highest revenue in 2020. This is because of the presence of technologically advanced devices & instruments to serve the large population base with maximum comfort to patients.
Based on Product, the market is segmented into Anesthesia Delivery Machine, Anesthesia Monitors, Anesthesia Information Management Systems (AIMS), and Anesthesia Disposables & Accessories. Further, based on Anesthesia Disposables & Accessories type, the market is segmented into Anesthesia Masks, Anesthesia Circuits, Laryngoscopes, HME, and Others. The Anesthesia monitors segment garnered a significant revenue share in the anesthesia device market in 2020.
Anesthesia monitors track and show the transport of anesthetic chemicals to the patient, such as gases, medications, and fluids. Throughout surgery, these are utilized to monitor the patient's health and response to the anesthetic indication. The growth of this segment is expected to surge because to the integration of multiple features like heart rate, carbon dioxide level, oxygen saturation level, and blood pressure, as well as decision support systems and data analysis to help physicians gain better insights into their patients.
Based on Application, the market is segmented into Orthopedics, Dental, Cardiology, Urology, Ophthalmology, and Others. In 2020, the orthopedics segment acquired the highest revenue share in the anesthesia device market. The increased number of orthopedic disorders cases, rising awareness regarding orthopedic surgeries, constant innovations, and increasing bone injury cases due to accidents are responsible for the increasing use of anesthesia devices in this region.
|Market size value in 2020||USD 13.2 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2027||USD 21.4 Billion|
|Historical Period||2017 to 2019|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 8% from 2021 to 2027|
|Number of Pages||302|
|Number of Tables||504|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Competitive Landscape, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Product, Application, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. In 2020, the Europe region procured a significant revenue share in the anesthesia device market. The high demand for anesthesia devices in the region is because of the well-developed healthcare industry in the region. Also, the number of dental practices registered on HMRC in the region was about twelve thousand which would have required the anesthesia devices.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Anesthesia Devices Market size to reach USD 21.4 Billion by 2027
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Anesthesia Devices Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Acquisitions. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; 3M Company is the major forerunner in the Anesthesia Devices Market. Companies such as Becton, Dickinson and Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Smith & Nephew PLC are some of the key innovators in the Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Ambu A/S, General Electric (GE) Co., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Smith & Nephew PLC, SunMed, LLC, 3M Company, Teleflex, Inc., and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
Recent Strategy Deployed in Anesthesia Devices Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Apr-2020: SunMed came into a partnership with MED Alliance Group, an ISO 13485 certified medical device distributor. Through this partnership, SunMed's anesthesia & respiratory manufacturing expertise would integrate with MED Alliance’s combined anesthesia & respiratory sales experience.
- Mar-2020: GE Healthcare joined hands with Ford, an American multinational automobile manufacturer. The collaboration aimed to accelerate & scale ventilator production that supports clinicians to treat COVID-19 patients. Furthermore, the company would provide information to clinicians using anesthesia systems to ventilate COVID-19 patients.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Dec-2020: Smiths Medical unveiled EchoGlo, a needle designed for echogenic brightness under ultrasound. By combining the echogenic brightness of EchoGlo products with the company's CADD pump portfolio, consumers would get a complete solution for regional anesthesia for clinicians and patients.
- Jan-2020: Drägerwerk introduced new products including ICU ventilators & anesthesia workstations at Arab Health 2020. The ventilators combine high performance along with aesthetic design that allows quick & efficient operation from the first onset of lung-protective ventilation until the integration of a patient care-centered intensive care workplace. Moreover, the ventilators are safe to use even in stressful situations because of intuitive menu access to both settings as well as clinical data.
» Approvals and Trials:
- Aug-2020: Royal Phillips along with B. Braun, a global market leader in regional anesthesia and pain management received FDA approval for Onvision, a breakthrough ultrasound guidance solution for real-time needle tip tracking. This approval represents the new advance in the long-term strategic alliance between both the companies to innovate in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, a continuously growing alternative to general anesthesia.
» Acquisitions and mergers:
- Jan-2021: Royal Philips entered into an agreement with Capsule Technologies, a provider of medical device integration, clinical surveillance & patient monitoring for hospitals. This agreement would further expand the company's patient care management offering.
- May-2020: Smiths Medical completed the acquisition of Access Scientific, a privately-held company based in San Diego, CA. This acquisition aimed to improve the company's position as a trusted medication management solutions company by enhancing patient care. In addition, the company would be able to offer its consumers on the frontlines more choices for treating their patients.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By End User
- Ambulatory Service Centres
- Anesthesia Delivery Machine
- Anesthesia Monitors
- Anesthesia Information Management Systems (AIMS)
- Anesthesia Disposables & Accessories
- Anesthesia Masks
- Anesthesia Circuits
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Ambu A/S
- General Electric (GE) Co.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- SunMed, LLC
- 3M Company
- Teleflex, Inc.
- B.Braun Melsungen AG
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What would be the size of the anesthesia device market by 2027?
The anesthesia device market size is projected to reach USD 21.4 billion by 2027.
What are the key driving factors and challenges in the anesthesia device market?
Increasing Aged Population are driving the market in coming years, however, side effects of anesthesia limited the growth of the market.
Who are the leading players in the anesthesia device market?
Ambu A/S, General Electric (GE) Co., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Smith & Nephew PLC, SunMed, LLC, 3M Company, Teleflex, Inc., and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
Which segment shows the high growth rate of the anesthesia device market over the forecast period?
The Clinics market segment has high growth rate of 7.5% during (2021 - 2027).
Which region dominated the anesthesia device market in 2020?
The North America market dominated the Global Anesthesia Devices Market by Region 2020, and would continue to be a dominant market till 2027.