Global Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection Market By Component (Solution and Services), By Organization Size (Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises), By Deployment Type (Cloud and On-premise), By End User (BFSI, Retail & Ecommerce, Government & Defense, Healthcare, Telecom & IT, Energy & Utilities and Others), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection Market
The Global Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection Market size is expected to reach $15.1 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 19.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) means a set of harmful activities intended to enter into an administration’s computing resources with the motive to gain some information illegally and causes damage to the respective organization. They are very tough to detect and eliminate as they don’t clearly appear to be malware and also may be established very deeply into an administration’s computing systems.
The initiators and designers of the APT are steadily monitoring and guiding its actions by altering its code to avoid detection and transform it into a changing set of behaviors. Basically, an organization that has been penetrated will not even be alert of it and may only become alert at a much later time by monitoring through log analysis via Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools or through outbound communication activity.
A speedily evolving threat landscape is the dynamic factor for the rise in the demand for protection systems in the market. The application of this protection system is visible in defense and government, financial services and insurance, healthcare, banking, and others, which has resulted to the growth of the ATP protection marketplace. The forensic analysis marketplace is also anticipated to grow at a maximum rate. The main factors contributing towards the growing demand for ATP protection in the marketplace are the advancements that are made in technology, rising adoption of cloud in the enterprises, stringent government regulations, and increasing consciousness towards securing confidential information.
By Deployment Type
Based on Deployment Type, the market is segmented into Cloud and On-premise. Cloud segment generated the highest revenue in 2019. Growing reliability and easy access to data are uplifting the adoption of these cloud services in numerous enterprises thereby driving revenue growth of the cloud segment in the worldwide market. Over the past decade, the ATP protection market has evolved from traditional unsophisticated malware outbreaks to advance and zero-day attacks.
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Solution and Services. Solutions segment is further classified into Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Endpoint Protection, Intrusion Detection System/ Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/ IPS), Next-Generation Firewall, Sandboxing, and Others. On the basis of solutions, the SIEM segment likely to hold the largest market size in the year 2026. SIEM collects security data from servers, network devices, and domain controllers, examines the data stored to discover trends, detects threats, and then allows administrations to investigate any alerts.
By Organization Size
Based on Organization Size, the market is segmented into Large Enterprises and Small & Medium Enterprises. Large Enterprises segment witnessed higher revenue share in 2019. Large enterprises are broadly opting for APT protection solutions and are likely to invest considerably in advanced APT protection solutions in order to provide prime security to their enterprise’s extremely competitive environment.
By End User
Based on End User, the market is segmented into BFSI, Retail & Ecommerce, Government & Defense, Healthcare, Telecom & IT, Energy & Utilities and Others. Advanced persistent threat market security approach is progressively being applied across various vertical lines such as BFSI, government and defense, education, and others that have contributed to market growth internationally.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 5.2 Billion|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 15.1 Billion|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 19.9% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||369|
|Number of Tables||563|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling, Competitive Landscape|
|Segments covered||Component, Organization Size, Deployment Type, End User, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. APAC is expected to register the highest growth rate during this period. APAC countries comprise developing economies, such as China, India, Australia, and Japan. With the propagation of AI, IoT, and big data in the APAC region, fraud and security concerns have risen. This is expected to invest more insecurity due to the increasing threat of APT attacks.
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches and Acquisitions. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Cisco Systems, Inc. and Microsoft Corporation are the forerunners in the Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection Market. Companies such as McAfee, LLC, FireEye, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., and Trend Micro, Inc., Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Dell Technologies, Inc., Sophos Group PLC, and ESET, spol. s.r.o. are some of the key innovators in the market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Microsoft Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Dell Technologies, Inc. (VMware, Inc.), FireEye, Inc., Trend Micro, Inc., ESET, spol. s.r.o., McAfee, LLC and Sophos Group PLC (Thoma Bravo).
Recent Strategies Deployed in Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection Market
» Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
- Dec-2020: Fortinet announced a collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Together, the companies aimed to offer customers advanced security across their cloud platforms, applications, and network.
- Nov-2020: Trend Micro collaborated with Amazon, a technology company. Following the collaboration, Trend Micro became the launch partner for AWS Network Firewall. It is a managed service that aims to make it easier to install necessary network protections for Amazon Virtual Private Clouds (Amazon VPCs) on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Sep-2020: Palo Alto Networks and OPSWAT, the leader in critical infrastructure protection extended their partnership to keep on improving secure access solutions. The expansion helps in incorporating support for new endpoint platforms and IoT devices in GlobalProtect and Prisma Access for branch offices, retail locations, and mobile users.
- Apr-2020: McAfee came into a partnership with Zyxel, a leader in delivering secure, AI- and cloud-powered home and business solutions. Following the partnership, the companies aimed to offer an integrated one-box security solution to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Sep-2019: McAfee signed a partnership agreement with Canon, a company specialized in optical, imaging, and industrial products. This partnership aims at offering industries with embedded protection against malware execution and interfering with firmware and applications that run on multi-function devices (MFDs).
- Jun-2019: Palo Alto Networks and Retarus announced their partnership. The partnership was focused on providing secure email communication from European data centers. The WildFire malware prevention technology from Palo Alto Networks is now part of Retarus’ exhaustive email security portfolio.
- May-2019: Cisco announced its partnership with Tata Communications, an Indian telecommunications company. The partnership was focused on removing the complications of digital era enterprise networking through incorporating Cisco SD-WAN with the IZO cloud enablement platform.
- Jan-2019: Dell came into partnership with Secureworks and CrowdStrike for new endpoint security offering including response services, threat detection, and prevention. The latest Dell SafeGuard and Response offering integrates unified endpoint protection, managed security, incident response expertise, and threat behavioral analytics.
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Oct-2020: Cisco Systems introduced its acquisition of Portshift, a startup that focuses on application security for cloud-native development environments. The acquisition enhanced security for Kubernetes-based cloud-native applications.
- Jun-2020: VMware completed the acquisition of Lastline. The acquisition strengthened VMware's portfolio to include new capabilities for network detection and response/network threat analysis that extend over NSX and SD-WAN offerings.
- Mar-2020: McAfee completed its acquisition of Light Point Security, LLC, an award-winning pioneer of browser isolation. The acquisition added Light Point Security’s robust browser isolation capabilities to the McAfee product portfolio.
- Jan-2020: FireEye acquired Cloudvisory, a control center for cloud security management. The acquisition added cloud workload security capabilities to FireEye Helix, providing customers with an integrated security operations platform for cloud and container security.
- Oct-2019: Trend Micro acquired Cloud Conformity, an advanced Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) company. The acquisition widened the cloud services of Trend Micro, hence resolving and securing frequently overlooked security problems that are resulted from cloud infrastructure misconfiguration.
- Oct-2019: Fortinet acquired enSilo, a privately-own next-generation endpoint security company. The acquisition further improved the Fortinet Security Fabric and supported Fortinet’s powerful endpoint and network security solutions by offering customers next-generation endpoint security.
- Aug-2019: McAfee took over NanoSec, a multi-cloud, zero-trust application, and security platform. The acquisition helped companies in enhancing compliance and governance and minimizing the risk of their cloud and container deployments.
- May-2019: FireEye took over Verodin, the key vendor in proving the efficiency of cybersecurity controls. The Verodin platform encourages cybersecurity products and technology-enabled services. Verodin incorporated FireEye Helix security orchestration abilities to assist customers to prioritize and automate continuous enhancement of security controls.
- Jan-2019: Sophos acquired Avid Secure, an advanced cloud infrastructure security company. The acquisition extended the present portfolio of the company and enabled it to provide cloud security.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Dec-2020: Trend Micro launched a regional data lake for detection and response (XDR) service in India. Trend Micro XDR provides exhaustive correlated detection that goes beyond endpoint detection and response (EDR). It is capable of analyzing and gathering activity data from emails, endpoints, servers, cloud workloads, and networks, enabling security operations center (SOC) teams to detect, investigate and respond to advanced threats.
- Nov-2020: Trend Micro unveiled a free tool that aims to help users increase their privacy online and fight misinformation. A Security Check is included in this new tool. This feature utilizes threat intelligence to confirm whether a website or URL is corrupted or infected. Moreover, it enables Privacy Check that utilizes the ID Security service of Trend Micro to verify whether a user’s email address has been put up for sale on the dark web.
- Nov-2020: McAfee launched the MVISION XDR platform for its extended detection and response (XDR) capabilities. It is a cloud-based next-generation threat management solution with complete coverage across the effective response, prioritization to protect what matters easy orchestration and attack lifecycle.
- Oct-2020: FireEye introduced Mandiant Advantage: Threat Intelligence, the first SaaS-based offering by Mandiant Solutions. This solution incorporated the threat Intelligence with information from the main part of its industry-key cyber incident response engagements, provided through a simple to use management platform.
- Aug-2020: Microsoft introduced its Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) application for Android users. Microsoft users with 365 E5 license are the only ones that can use the application. The objective of the app is to aid enterprise/business users to keep a distance from cybersecurity threats from harmful websites and apps that intend to steal your data. The app also enables Security Operations teams to detect and examine security incidents for the enterprise.
- May-2020: FireEye launched a new advanced Architecture behind FireEye Endpoint Security, which includes the accessibility of various new methods for protection, investigation, and response. With the help of this approach, FireEye is enabling companies with an effective way to install advanced features.
- Mar-2020: Fortinet unveiled the FortiOS 6.4 that incorporates above 350 new functions across areas including SD-WAN, two-factor authentication, SD-Branch, device visibility, email, and web security, SIEM, next-generation AV, hybrid cloud, and many more. It is designed to develop a cybersecurity platform that follows three main principles namely automated workflows, broad visibility, and integrated solutions.
- Feb-2020: Microsoft launched various enterprise security solutions. It includes Microsoft Threat Protection GA, Microsoft 365 Insider Risk Management GA, Microsoft 365 Communication Compliance GA, Office 365 ATP Campaign Views GA, Office 365 ATP Compromise Detection and Response GA, Azure Sentinel Enhancements, Microsoft Defender ATP for Linux Previews, Azure Active Directory and FIDO2 Preview, Azure Security Center for IoT Perks.
- Feb-2020: Fortinet launched FortiAI, a unique on-premises solution. This solution utilizes self-learning Deep Neural Networks (DNN) to accelerate threat remediation and manage time-consuming, manual security analyst tasks.
- Oct-2019: Sophos launched Managed Threat Response (MTR) service. This service offers a dedicated round the clock security team to the organizations for offsetting the most sophisticated and complex threats.
- Jun-2019: Palo Alto Networks launched Prisma, a new cloud security suite aimed at helping its customers live a safer digital life. It becomes the new benchmark in cloud security, changing the cloud journey by streamlining access, data protection, and application security. Prisma was developed based on Palo Alto Networks cloud security products and offers new experiences with the Prisma suite.
- Jan-2019: FireEye released several new defenses that are now available on FireEye Email Security; Server Edition, in direct response to the ever-changing cyber threat landscape. FireEye Email Security-Server Edition includes various other new functions designed to address rising threat vectors while improving performance. These incorporate Attachment Detonation Customization, Full URL Rewrite, Passwords in Images, and New Machine Learning Engine.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Endpoint Protection
- Intrusion Detection System/ Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/ IPS)
- Next-Generation Firewall
By Organization Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
By Deployment Type
By End User
- Retail & Ecommerce
- Government & Defense
- Telecom & IT
- Energy & Utilities
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Microsoft Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
- Fortinet, Inc.
- Dell Technologies, Inc. (VMware, Inc.)
- FireEye, Inc.
- Trend Micro, Inc.
- ESET, spol. s.r.o.
- McAfee, LLC
- Sophos Group PLC (Thoma Bravo).
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global advanced persistent threat (APT) protection market by 2026?
The advanced persistent threat (APT) protection market size is projected to reach USD 15.1 billion by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive advanced persistent threat (APT) protection industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the advanced persistent threat (APT) protection industry include The proliferation of cloud-based APT protection services and solutions.
Who are the top market players in the advanced persistent threat (APT) protection industry?
Microsoft Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Dell Technologies, Inc. (VMware, Inc.), FireEye, Inc., Trend Micro, Inc., ESET, spol. s.r.o., McAfee, LLC and Sophos Group PLC (Thoma Bravo).
At what CAGR is the advanced persistent threat (APT) protection market estimate to grow in the forecast period?
The expected CAGR of advanced persistent threat (APT) protection market is 19.9% from 2020 to 2026.
Which segment shows high revenue share of the advanced persistent threat (APT) protection market in 2019?
On the basis of organization size, the large enterprise segment led the marketplace in the year 2019.