Global Adaptive Optics Market By Component (Wavefront Sensors, Deformable Mirrors (Wavefront Correctors) and Control System), By Application (Microscopy, Ophthalmology, Laser Application and Other Applications), By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2020 - 2026
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Adaptive Optics Market
The Global Adaptive Optics Market size is expected to reach $433.2 Million by 2026, rising at a market growth of 13.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Adaptive Optics (AO) is quickly picking up demand as a possibility for enhancing the performance of optical systems. Optical instruments experience errors while measuring and imaging because of distortions found in light waves. Adaptive optics assists with nullifying these mistakes, in this way, improving the performance of the optical instruments. The increasing prevalence of retinal degeneration diseases is anticipated to impel the development of the market. Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) and Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) are the most well-known retinal degenerative diseases across the world.
Adaptive Optics Market Size, By Component, 2020-2026
High-resolution phenotyping with adaptive optics imaging alongside molecular genetics analyses is anticipated to improve the clinical imaging of AMD and RP in the beginning phases. The increasing use of Adaptive optics for clinical application and research is anticipated to fuel the overall market development. Adaptive optics alongside Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is slowly penetrating the market because of its viability in giving enhanced and high-speed imaging. Advanced deformable mirrors are being created to exactly control the incident wavefront by reshaping a reflecting membrane with the assistance of precise magnetic actuators.
Adaptive Optics Market Share, By Application, 2019
The improvement of these deformable mirrors is anticipated to decrease the size, cost, and complexity of AO-OCT gadgets, accordingly, making adaptive optics broadly adopted for different clinical applications. In this manner, the development of cutting-edge Adaptive optics devices alongside increasing endeavors of vision researchers, ophthalmologists, and entrepreneurs in its development and research, is anticipated to drive the market.
The increasing prevalence of various retinal infections, for example, retinal degenerations, inherited color vision deficiencies, albinism, glaucoma, and numerous other eye diseases is anticipated to drive the market. Furthermore, the increasing awareness of Adaptive Optics (AO) and its efficient utilization in research for retinal imaging is also anticipated to contribute towards market development.
|Market size value in 2019||USD 217.4 Million|
|Market size forecast in 2026||USD 433.2 Million|
|Historical Period||2016 to 2018|
|Forecast Period||2020 to 2026|
|Revenue Growth Rate||CAGR of 13.5% from 2020 to 2026|
|Number of Pages||146|
|Number of Tables||270|
|Report coverage||Market Trends, Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Segmentation Analysis, Regional and Country Breakdown, Companies Strategic Developments, Company Profiling|
|Segments covered||Component, Application, Region|
|Country scope||US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Nigeria|
Based on Component, the market is segmented into Wavefront Sensors, Deformable Mirrors (Wavefront Correctors) and Control System. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Microscopy, Ophthalmology, Laser Application and Other Applications. Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Adaptive Optics Market to reach a market size of $433.2 million by 2026
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Teledyne Technologies, Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Adaptica S.r.l (He Vision Group), Thorlabs, Inc., Iris AO, Inc., Active Optical Systems Ltd., Flexible Optical B.V., Imagine Optic SA, Boston Micromachines Corporation and Phasics Corporation.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Adaptive Optics Market
- Sep-2019: Teledyne e2v launched its Flash CMOS image sensor family, specifically developed for 3D laser profiling/displacement applications and high speed, high resolution inspection. The new Flash sensors feature a 6μm CMOS global shutter pixel that effectively integrates high resolution and fast frame rate.
- Jan-2019: Teledyne Technologies took over the scientific imaging businesses of Roper Technologies, a company that designs and develops software (both license and software-as-a-service) and engineered products and solutions for a variety of niche end markets. The acquisition added imaging solutions, primarily for the life sciences and academic research, to Teledyne’s already strong portfolio of imaging products.
- Oct-2018: Boston Micromachines Corporation introduced fully-functioning 2040 element MEMS deformable mirror. This launch was the part of a NASA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) contract, monitored by NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), to develop DM technology needed for exo-planet imaging on the next generation space-based telescopes. The SBIR project resulted in developing new manufacturing approaches for small-stroke, high precision DMs scalable to 8,000 or more actuators.
- Oct-2018: Teledyne DALSA and Teledyne e2v introduced a portfolio of vision solutions CMOS image sensors. These sensors includes Snappy and Emerald series, Calibir, Genie Nano 5GigE, Genie Nano CXP, Linea HS, Linea ML, Piranha4 Color, Xtium2, and Z-Trak.
- May-2017: Teledyne signed an agreement with ESO for designing and producing a set of Large Visible Sensor Modules for use on the Extremely Large Telescope (ELT). The ELT is at the forefront of telescope technology. The ELT uses highly sophisticated adaptive optics systems, which enables it to adjust for changes in the atmosphere above it. These systems will require sensors of the highest quality.
Scope of the Adaptive Optics Market Analysis
- Wavefront Sensors
- Deformable Mirrors (Wavefront Correctors)
- Control System
- Laser Application
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Teledyne Technologies, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Adaptica S.r.l (He Vision Group)
- Thorlabs, Inc.
- Iris AO, Inc.
- Active Optical Systems Ltd.
- Flexible Optical B.V.
- Imagine Optic SA
- Boston Micromachines Corporation
- Phasics Corporation
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Adaptive Optics Market Related Reports:
What would be the value of global adaptive optics market by 2026?
The global adaptive optics market size is expected to reach $433.2 million by 2026.
What are the key factors that drive adaptive optics industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the adaptive optics industry include the market is seeing growth due to military and communication application.
What are the major top companies in the competitive landscape?
Teledyne Technologies, Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Adaptica S.r.l (He Vision Group), Thorlabs, Inc., Iris AO, Inc., Active Optical Systems Ltd., Flexible Optical B.V., Imagine Optic SA, Boston Micromachines Corporation and Phasics Corporation.
Which region shows high revenue share of the adaptive optics market in 2019?
The North America held the biggest share of the market revenue in 2019.