Global Action Camera Market By Resolution Type (Full HD, HD, Ultra HD and Others) By Distribution Channel (Retail and Online) By Application (Sports, Recreational Activities, Emergency Services and Others) By Region, Industry Analysis and Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Special Offering: Industry Insights | Market Trends | Highest number of Tables | 24/7 Analyst Support
Get in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the Action Camera Market
The Global Action Camera Market size is expected to reach $8.9 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 18.3% CAGR during the forecast period. The action camera market has been estimated to experience significant growth in terms of extensive application in recording action sports and activities. The development of travel industry and a growing number of travelers and adventure sports enthusiasts will fuel market growth in the years to come. Action cameras are capable of withstanding harsher climates during adventures, like climbing, bicycling, snowboarding, trekking, and skiing. Advances in film-making and increased need for special effects are anticipated in the coming years to fuel product demand.
Global Action Camera Market Size, By Distribution Channel, 2019-2025
An action camera is more portable than a point and shoot or DSLR model. They can be placed anywhere, from a dash board to underwater, and can also be used to capture high quality videos and photos. Many action cameras are capable of recording high-quality 4k videos without any difficulty. They can also take excellent photos, due to their large sensors, which can be instantly transferred to a smartphone through WiFi. To record a comparable quality of videos, people usually carry a large sized camera, which is at least twice or thrice as expensive.
Global Action Camera Market Share, By Resolution Type, 2019
Based on Resolution Type, the market is segmented into Full HD, HD, Ultra HD and Others. Based on Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into Retail and Online. Due to changes in consumer trends and high reliability of aftermarket sales service, retail outlets accounted for the largest market share in 2018. The action cameras are increasingly being used to capture the actions and adventures of surfing, skateboarding, skiing, climbing, skydiving, bicycle racing, biking, and other sports, thereby, supporting the growth of the sports segment. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Sports, Recreational Activities, Emergency Services and Others.
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is likely to see steady growth as the demand for an action camera with advanced lens and resolution features increases. Increasing spending on leisure, rising disposable incomes, adventure and sports activities, and the vast popularity of social media channels are major factors that trigger the demand for these devices. In addition, the commercial availability of cameras varieties along with the increasing presence of retail channels and e-commerce also boosts regional demand over the forecast period.
Free Valuable Insights: Global Action Camera Market to reach a market size of $8.9 billion by 2025
KBV Cardinal Matrix - Action Camera Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product launches and Partnerships & Collaborations. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation are some of the forerunners in the Action Camera Market. The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Xiaomi Corporation, Garmin Ltd., GoPro, Inc., Nikon Metrology NV (Nikon Corporation), Olympus Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Sony Corporation, TomTom N.V., Drift Innovation Ltd., SJCAM Limited.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Action Camera Market
» Acquisition and Mergers:
- Oct-2016: Nikon acquired Mark Roberts Motion Control Ltd., a specialist in motion control equipment for commercials and films. The acquisition enhances its position into new fields of imaging product solutions. The company is aimed at developing the new market further through using MRMC’s robotic motion control solution together with Nikon’s imaging-related technologies.
» Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Oct-2019: GoPro unveiled new version of both its Hero line and its newer 360-degree ruggedized action cameras. The GoPro Hero8 Black records video at the resolutions between 1080p and 4K and also gained HyperSmooth 2.0, GoPro’s proprietary digital stabilization technology belongs to second generation. GoPro MAX, a new version of GoPro Fusion; it delivers 360 degree capture and has HyperSmooth stabilization called Max HyperSmooth technology.
- Oct-2019: Olympus introduced OM-D E-M5 Mark III, a new Micro Four Thirds digital camera, a mirrorless camera. It has the features of 2.36 million dot electronic viewfinder, an OLED and has 5-axis image stabilization. It also captures UHD 4K video at 30 fps and also has mechanical shutter for achieving 10 fps for up to 150 consecutive raw files.
- Oct-2019: Panasonic India introduced Lumix S1H, a latest digital single-lens full frame mirrorless camera. The camera has the capability to record 6K video and capable of excelling in any situation. It has 24.2 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor that features the dual native ISO technology for capturing extremely clean footage.
- Aug-2019: Drift released Ghost XL, a new battery-efficient and wallet friendly action camera. Its lens can be rotated 300 degrees as compared to the other cameras. The users can mount the camera in whatever orientation works best and twist the lens for straighten out the shot.
- Jul-2019: Panasonic India launched Lumix G95, latest digital single lens mirrorless camera. The Lumix G95 can capture the video in 4K resolution at 9fps burst shooting speeds. It fulfills the demand of those users who are looking for high operating performance, advanced picture quality, and video functions for YouTube, filming and still photography.
- Jul-2019: Sony extended the line of its compact camera with the launch of RX0 II, world's smallest and lightest premium compact camera. This camera measures 59mm x 40.5mm x 35mm and has weight about 132 grams. The camera has 15.3-megapixel1 Exmor RS CMOS image sensor and an advanced BIONZ X image processing engine; it records movie with 4K resolution.
- Jun-2019: Olympus launched Tough TG-6 camera, a waterproof camera upto 15 meters as well as dustproof, crushproof to 100 kgf, shockproof to 2.1 meters, freezeproof to -10 degree Celsius. This new camera will be offered in red and black color and has the feature of dual-pane protective glass construction that delivers excellent anti-fogging performance and anti-reflective (AR) coatings.
- May-2019: SJCAM extended its SJ9 series of action cameras with the launch of SJ9 Strike and SJ9 Max, two new models. SJ9 Strike arrives with a Sony IMX377 image sensor and Amabarella H22S85 chipset, which enables it to record 240fps video and 4K 60p video at full HD. SJ9 Max, has the capability to record 4K footage to a maximum 24p.
- Jan-2019: SJCAM launched new ION-series that features impressive specifications and techniques perfect for the thrill-seekers and adventure lovers so that they can capture their journey. Each camera built-in Wi-Fi for connecting to a tablet or a smartphone in order to view recorder files through SJCAM zone app.
- Jan-2019: Olympus unveiled Tough TG-5, embedded with sensor and improved processor. This has the capability to record 4K; all these capabilities has been packed into a body that is freezeproof, waterproof, crushproof, shockproof, and dustproof. It has 12MP CMOS sensor and a 25-100mm f/2.0 lens, which enhances the image quality irrespective of the condition.
- Jan-2019: Panasonic released HX-A1 action camera for capturing the video in total darkness with the help of an infrared torch. This camera would be used in capturing the behavior of nocturnal animals. It camera is a waterproof to 1.5 meters, shockproof, and dustproof.
- Dec-2018: SJCAM introduced Krypton, Carbon or Totem, three action cameras in order to extend its ION range. These action cameras feature 4K shooting, waterproofing, and WiFi connectivity to the depths of 30m.
- Sep-2018: GoPro released new HERO7 lineup, which has three cameras, HERO7 Silver, HERO7 Black, and HERO7 White. These cameras captures 12MP photos upto 30 fps, records 4K60, 2.7K120, and 1080p240 video, hypersmooth video stabilization, voice control, live streaming, etc.
Scope of the Action Camera Market Analysis
By Resolution Type
- Full HD
- Ultra HD
By Distribution Channel
- Recreational Activities
- Emergency Services
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Xiaomi Corporation
- Garmin Ltd.
- GoPro, Inc.
- Nikon Metrology NV (Nikon Corporation)
- Olympus Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- TomTom N.V.
- Drift Innovation Ltd.
- SJCAM Limited
Unique Offerings from KBV Research
- Exhaustive coverage
- Highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Action Camera Market Related Reports:
What would be the size of Action Camera market in 2025?
According to a new report published by KBV Research, The global Action Camera market size is expected to reach $8.9 billion by 2025.
What are the key factors drive Action Camera industry?
The major factors that are anticipated to drive the Action Camera industry include technical advantages of evolving action cameras, the physical advantages of action cameras are increasing their adoption rate, and growing popularity of adventure sports.
Which region was the major revenue contributor in Action Camera market?
Asia Pacific region is projected to record the largest market share in the Action Camera market during the forecast period.
What is the CAGR of Action Camera market by 2025?
The expected CAGR of Action Camera market is 18.3% from 2019 to 2025.
Which are the top market players in the Action Camera industry?
Some of the key industry players are Xiaomi Corporation, Garmin Ltd., GoPro, Inc., Nikon Metrology NV (Nikon Corporation), Olympus Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Sony Corporation, TomTom N.V., Drift Innovation Ltd., SJCAM Limited.
Which segment would gain the maximum traction in Action Camera market during the forecast period?
The sports segment represented a higher market share, which can be attributed to an increase in the number of adventure sports and high media exposure.